Of Deep Talks and Realization

Of Invulnerability and Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Struggling to keep her eyes open from the morning sun rays, Seulgi felt herself unable to move her body. It felt like someone was beside her and hugging like how her girlfriend would. She let her hand slide up to the person's head and caressed the gently, thinking that it was Joohyun who somehow managed to sneak into her room without her knowing. 

Well, no one other than Joohyun would hug her this tightly in her sleep. Without bothering looking down, Seulgi shifted closer to the body.

 

"Good morning Joohyun, since when did you sneak in here?"  Seulgi questioned. However, she didn't received any reply and Seulgi thought it was strange. Normally, Joohyun would wake up earlier than her. 

 

Opening her eyes, she looked down and saw that her hand that was grabbing some of the locks wasn't violet but was jet black instead.

 

 

"Who's Joohyun?" 

 

Seulgi widen her eyes in shock when she saw an innocent Yerim staring curiously at her. 

 

"WHAT THE HECK?" The older girl jumped out of her bed with her jaw dropped onto the ground, pointing towards Yerim in disbelieve.

 

"Y-Yerim? Am I dreaming? Is that you?" Seulgi rubbed her eyes, trying to test if her eyes was playing tricks on her.

While, the younger yawned loudly at sat up on the bed rolling her eyes at her older dumb sister. 

 

"Do you want to pinch your cheeks?" It was a joke but Seulgi took it literally and nodded her head before bringing her hand up and pinching her cheeks hardly. 

 

"OUCH IT HURTS     OHHHH GOSHHH YOU'RE REAL!!!!!" Seulgi jumps back up to the bed and hug Yerim tightly, bombing the younger with tons of questions. 

 

"SINCE WHEN YOURE HERE?"

 

"DID YOU MISS ME?"

 

"HOW DID YOU EVEN KNOW I WAS HERE?" 

 

Yerim could only face-palm and try to free herself from Seulgi's bear hug which was slowly suffocating her, "Unnie! I can't freaking breathe properly! Release me!"

 

Instantly, Yerim felt the arms around her neck loosen and she could finally breathe again. She glared daggers at her sister while having a coughing fit, "A-Are You trying to kill your baby sister here?!"

 

Seulgi shook her head, "I'm so sorry Yerim! I just missed you so much!" 

 

"Yeah yeah I can tell from your hug. You were literally trying to strangle me to death." Yerim scoffed but chunckled when she saw how Seulgi was grinning from ear to ear, looking at her with teary-eyes, "Are you seriously going to cry this soon? We haven't even went deep and you haven't even asked for my forgiveness."

 

Seulgi laughs and shook her head, holding back her tears while nibbling on her lower lips, "Sorry, I know I don't have the rights to cry about it. I...I just really. Words can't describe how I'm feeling right now, Yerim." 

 

It was like a far-stretch dream that finally happened infront of her. It was difficult to believe yet Seulgi wants to believe what she sees. She doesn't now what to do know. Of course she's excited and glad that she finally found her younger sister. However, a part of her was afraid that the latter wouldn't forgive her and she was confused about how Yerim get here. 

 

"how did you managed to get here?" Seulgi asked as she roamed her fingers through Yerim's hair and looked at her fondly. 

 

The younger shrugged, "Your bestfriend."

 

"Seungwan?"

 

"Yes, Im now an intern nurse in the hospital Seungwan unnie's granny was staying in. I overheard your conversation with her and knew that you guys were friends and that you're desperately looking for me."

 

Seulgi frowned, "That's like months go... Why did you only appear now?"

 

Yerim scoffed and flicked the older'sister forehead, "It's just a few months! I waited for the whole three years!!!"

 

"Right...I'm sorr   "

 

 

"    SEULGIIII!! YERIM IS GONE OH MY GOSHHH!!!" 

 

A yelling voice came barging into the room, interrupting their moment. Her face was in a darker shade of red, showing worrisome and fear. But immediately released a sigh of relieve when she saw the jet-black haired girl sitting on her bestfriend's bed.

 

"oh my gosh Yerim! I thought you disappear! You should have told me you came to seulgi's room or something! I was so scared when I wake up and not in the guest ro    OUCH OUCH YAH KANG SEULGI WHAT ARE YOU DOING! LET MY EAR GO!"

 

Seungwan screamed when she felt her ear being pulled by her same aged friend. 

 

"Why didnt you told me you found Yerim already?" Seulgi inquired, pulling her towards the bed and pushing her to sit beside Yerim who was watching them in amusement. 

 

Seungwan pouted while caressing her bright red ears before glancing towards Yerim, "She told me not to tell you till she's ready. And who on earth would know that she would come back without any warning."

 

"Plus! She called me yesterday and you went to your date with Joohyun unnie and I don't even know when did you even came back." 

 

"Yeah, don't blame her. I told her not to tell." Yerim defended the Canadian while Seulgi sighed and let it passed. 

 

"Who's Joohyun though?" Yerim questioned again as she looked at the pair of bestfriend, wiggling her brows, "You muttered her name last night too when I sneaked in and it was the first name you greeted when you woke up too."

 

Seulgi's face turned into a darker shade of red while Seungwan fell back to the white sheets while laughing hardly. 

 

"Joohyun...? ...Urm she's my   "

 

"     GIRLFRIEND OR HER WIFEY AS WHAT JOOHYUN UNNIE LIKES TO BE CALLED AS." 

 

Yerim blinked before looking at Seungwan excitingly, "Oh wait, Bae Joohyun? The Bae Joohyun that you told me about?" 

 

Seungwan nodded with her huge motherly smile, "Yes the one who clinged on Seulgi like a koala bear." 

 

Yerim smirked and turned towards Seulgi.

 

 

"Can i meet her today?"

 

 

 

    

 

 

 

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY YOUR SISTER WANT TO SEE ME? GOSH I'M NOT READY FOR THIS BABY!" Joohyun exclaimed through the phone call. 

 

"I don't know either, Joohyun. I don't know why she wants to see you."

 

"She got hurt because your ex, Seulgi. She probably going to put me in weird tests!" Rolling her eyes, Joohyun looked at the files infront of her before sighing loudly. It was difficult for her to have a meeting with the Kang's sliblings today since she's incharge of the last round of interview with the last intern.

 

"Plus, i have work to attend to. It would be quite difficult for me to meet you guys tonig   "

 

"   Hello?"

 

Joohyun paused for a moment when she hear a different voice. It wasn't like her lover's gentle and smoothing voice. It was girlyish and high-pitched. 

 

"You are?"

 

"Seulgi unnie's precious dongsaeng." 

 

 

She doesn't know why but Joohyun find herself getting off her chair and kneeling down on the ground as she held the phone with both of her hands while trembling.

"Ah yes, Y-Yerim-nim." 

 

"Bae Joohyun?" 

 

"Y-Yes?"

 

"Heard that you're filthy rich. Book the best sushi resturant in Seoul for tonights meeting. If you don't turn up, dont you even think that i will allow you to see my Seulgi unnie again."

 

"P-Pardon???"

 

"You heard me clearly, Bae Joohyun." 

 

"Yerim-ni   "

 

Before she could say anything further, the line was already cut off. Joohyun pulled her phone away and stared at in disbelieve before realising that she was in kneeling position.

 

"why the heck am i kneeling down when i'm speaking to a girl who is 8 years younger than me?" Joohyun questioned herself as she promptly stood up and dust her skirt.

 

"If you don't turn up, don't you even think that i will allow you to see my Seulgi unnie again." 

 

"Gosh not that." Joohyun cried as she quickly ordered Yongsun to help her book a Sushi resturant before calling Minho in to replace her for the interview later on. 

 

She swore she was going to lose her job one day if she keeps abandoning it for Seulgi. But then, without even thinking twice, Joohyun would choose Seulgi over anything in this universe. If she lose her job because of Seulgi, she wouldn't blame anyone but herself for being whipped for the younger girl.

 

[Wifey💕]: I'm so sorry, Joohyun. Yerim's quite rude in the phone, i apologize if she offended you on her behalf.

[Me]: It's okay, baby. I understand where her protectiveness comes from. No worries, i will make sure to pass all her tests and get her approval.

[Wifey💕]: But aren't you really busy with your work?

[Me]: You're my top piority babe.

[Me]: Who cares about work when i'm threatened? I can't live without you huhu..

[Wifey💕]: Bae Joohyun, I'm confiscating her phone. You're not allowed to talk to Seulgi unnie till i meet you tonight. Bye.

 

"What the heck?" Joohyun widen her eyes at the new message. 

 

[Wifey💕]: ...and you are too cringy. That a minus point by the way.

[Me]: WAIT WHAT? MINUS POINT?

[Wifey💕]: Deducting off another 10 points if you text another word to unnie.

[Wifey💕]: By the way the passing mark is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter