Of Broken Promises and Unforgiveness

Of Invulnerability and Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Seulgi unnie! You're going to be there to fetch me after school right?"

It became a daily routine for Yerim to ask her older sister to wait for her outside of school everyday after how her classmates gushed about Seulgi's unqiue beauty.

Theres no doubt Yerim loves Seulgi alot. She was the only person whom she trusted the most, the only person she has in her life other than her father.

She wants to flaunt her older sister to her classmates as much as she can. She wanted people to be envious of her. 

Yerim was pretty sure that Seulgi would agree at that. After all, Yerim knew how much Seulgi spoils and loves her. If she wants to have something, Seulgi would think of all ways to get it for her. That was what Yerim like the most about Seulgi. 

 

"I'm sorry, Yerim... i have something on later on, i wont be able to fetch you..." Seulgi bend down alittle as she fixed Yerim's uniform with an apologetic grin. 

 

The younger girl could only frown and glare daggers at her sister, "Why unnie? You used to fetch me everyday! But nowadays you seldom do that!" 

It was obvious that Yerim was annoyed by how neglected she felt these few weeks. Seulgi had not been giving her all the attention she had in the past. Nowadays, the older would only reach home at eleven which was way past her curfew. And when Yerim questioned her about it, Seulgi would just say that she had to do some projects with her classmates. 

But Seulgi was a bad liar.

Yerim was in her first year of middle school, and she's already quite mature about things like dating. So you couldn't blame how paranoid she get when she saw her older sister come back home at midnight with marks on her neck. Or when she hugs Seulgi, the older girl reeks of another person's expensive perfume which they could never afford. 

And she knew perfectly who it belonged to. 

It was the girl that Seulgi brought back a week ago who was introduced as her girlfriend and made the household chaotic. Yerim never seen Seulgi go angry before that day when she was agruing with their father who had objected the relationship. Since that day, Yerim could already feel how Seulgi was distant from them. 

 

Seulgi completely changed to another person. 

 

"I'm sorry Yerim-ah. I'm just quite busy now... i promise i will buy hello kitty for you as an apology?" Seulgi tried to appease her younger sister. However, Yerim didn't want any hello kitty, she just wanted Seulgi to pay more attention to her.

Just like how she was in the past. 

"Who was the one who promised me that she will fetch me from school everyday? Who was the one who promised me that she will take care of me forever?" 

Yerim felt tighten as she stares at Seulgi who looked away in guilt. 

"You broke the promises. I had to beg you everyday to fetch me and you always came home late everyday. You left me alone in the house!" Seeing how her precious younger sister cry, Seulgi can't help but mutter a thousand of sorry. 

It was the first time they had such a huge fight. 

Seulgi doesnt know how to control the situation and Yerim had no intention of forgiving the older, not even if Seulgi gives her the limited edition of her favorite kitty set.

"Just go to that unnie who you like better than me." Yerim scoffed and walked out of the house, leaving the older girl dumbfounded.

 

But Yerim regretted.

She should have forgave Seulgi and not give her cold shoulders for the whole two weeks. 

Because the next time (and the last time) she had talked to her was to beg her not to leave. 

"Seulgi unnie... Please dont't leave... I'll be a good girl and listen to you. I won't pull pranks on you anymore so please don't leave with that unnie! If not i will hate you forever."

 

She left.

All Yerim could do was to watch her older sister's back getting further and further.

"I hate you..."

 

 

"   YERI!" The said girl snapped out of her daze when a loud voice hollared at her. 

"Are you even listening?" Seungwan sighs as she leaned back and stared at her student whom she had been tutoring for a day already. 

Yerim who goes by the name Yeri (she doesnt know why her father/sm would want to change her name by just taking the last letter out) now, nod her head and flashed a sheepish smile at the older girl.

"Yeah, i'm sorry. But can we take a small break? I need to check up on other patients for a moment. Maybe ten minutes." Yeri got up from her seat and immediately ran into the restroom to freshen up.

It had been a two years since she had thought of Seulgi. She had been busy studying her off in her nusing course and had been stucking-up to Joy's to get her intern days done. Seulgi's face was almost forgotten until Seungwan decides to teach her some elementary words by story books where you learn about animals. And it happened that they stumbled over a polar bear story. Which intrigued Yeri's memories.

 

She still had that hatred in her.

Yeri hated how she was abandoned by her most trusted person.

Yeri hated how she couldn't stop Seulgi from leaving.

Yeri hated how after all these heartbreaks and broken promises, she still missed Seulgi. 

 

"Aish... wake up, Yerim. She's not coming back."

She shook her head as she looked at herself in the mirror before heading towards the wards to check on her patients. 

 

Meanwhile, Seungwan was talking to her bestfriend through her phone. 

 

"I will be back in Seoul next week. Granny's all fine now, she will be discharge on Thursday." Seungwan said as she flipped through the children story book she bought for Yeri.

"Thats great. I will be back in Seoul tomorrow."

"Why so soon? I thought you are staying there till next week?"

A sigh was heard from the other line, "Joohyun needs to attend her company stuffs and she wants me to go with her."

Seungwan quirk a brow at the reply, "you could say no to her, Seul." 

"...I can't."

"Why?"

"She too stubborn."

Seungwan snorts, "Or are you just too whipped for your girlfriend?  

"W-Where the heck did that came from?"

"What? You guys kissed and its obvious how much she likes you. Don't tell me nothing happened during her stay at your house in Busan."

"Nothing happened, Seungwan." Seulgi deadpanned while the latter rolled her eyes, although she cant see her bestfriend physically, she could tell that she was lying.

"...Fine. We did cuddle and kissed but we didnt do anything further more. All we did was just talking."

"What can you guys talk about for so long?"

Seulgi seemed hesitant when replying, "um. I basically opened up to her and vice versa, she told me stuffs about herself as well." 

The Canadian wiggled her brows, surprised by how Joohyun get Seulgi to open up to her so fast.

"So you mean you know that she's the Prime Minister's daughter?" 

"Well, yea." Seungwan wondered how Seulgi could shrugged it off like it was nothing. If it was her, she would have made a huge fit about it. 

 

Its Bae Joohyun.

The nation's girlfriend/wife. 

Everyone is after her, begging to have a piece of her. While Seulgi just had to stand there and Joohyun would come jumping on to her happily.

 

Everyone would die to be Seulgi. 

 

"So anyway, i called to ask you for help." Seulgi continued, "well, my friends in busan said that my sister is in Canada now. I know you have to accompany your grandma and stuffs but maybe you could help me to look around for her? As in you can ask your friends or something if they know her?" 

Seungwan shrugged, "i think it would be fine. I'm getting stuffy in the hospital anyway. I will help you. But what's her name again? I forgotten about it."

 

"Kim Yerim." Seulgi said.

Seungwan nodded, "Kim Yerim? Okay got i    "

"      Babyyy who are you talking to? Come back to bed..."

 

The foreigner cringed at the baby talk from the Prime Minister's daughter. Who knew Joohyun had that side of her?

 

"Ew you guys are gross." Seungwan commented when she heard a whiny Joohyun, a flustered Seulgi and some rustlings of blankets. 

She waited for a few moments before Seulgi gave her a reply; "She's just wanted to cuddle so dont think other wise!'

Before Seungwan could give a reply, Joohyun had shouted shamelessly, "I WANT TO KISS YOU TOO." 

"Whatever, Kang Seulgi."

Competely done with her bestfriend and her 'girlfriend' s, Seungwan scoffed and she hung up the call with a smile playing on her lips. 

 

 

 

 

"....Seungwan unnie." The said girl looked up from her phone to notice a pale-looking Yeri staring at her in disbelieve. 

"Yeri?"

"...who did you just talked to?" Seungwan was growing worried, the younger was shivering and her voice were obviously shaking as well.

"My bestfriend?" 

Yeri gulped, "Whats her name?"

 

"Kang Seulgi."

 

 

 

 

 

Joohyun puffed her cheeks out cutely at the younger girl who was sulking beside her. It was difficult for Joohyun to get the attention of Seulgi who was pissed off at her for interrupting her phone conversation with Seungwan and giving the latter the wrong idea. 

 

"Seulgi-yaaa.." The violet beauty placed a hand on Seulgi's thigh while trying get the younger to look at her. But Seulgi ignored her and look out of the window instead in the moving car, "Are you still mad at me?"

 

Joohyun sighed and looked at Uncle Ryeok who only smirk and grinned sheepishly at the girl, causing Joohyun's cheeks to change into red hue.

It was the first time he had seen this side of Joohyun in his whole twenty years of serving the princess bae.

 

Being in love.

Whiny for attention.

Full of ageyo.

 

Mentally slapping herself for not realising that she's in Uncle Ryeok's car, Joohyun pulled down a curtain that enabled her to have a more private conversation with the younger one.

 

"Baby..." 

 

Seulgi was shocked when she felt Joohyun straddling her thighs while cupping her cheeks to face her. 

 

"what are you doing!" Seulgi frowned and slapped Joohyun's hands away, earning a pout from the older girl who leaned forward. 

 

Knowing that Joohyun wanted to kiss her, Seulgi moved her face to the right letting Joohyun's lips touch her cheekbone instead. 

 

"C'mon, stop being mad at me... I didn't know you were calling Seungwan." Joohyun whined and wrapped her arms

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter