Of Friend and Enemy

Of Invulnerability and Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Oh my goshhhh how on the earth do i solve this?!"

Mathematics was frying and eating up all of her brain juice. Coffees were losing its effects and Seulgi felt like she was going to die soon. She wasn't an extremely bright student, but she had to work hard in order to not waste her father's hard work in bring her up and paying for her fees.

She had been struggling with numbers since the start of freshman, yet in order not to burden her father evenmore, she pretended that she's fine, not allowing her father to hire a tutor for her.

"Oh gosh someone send me a saviour...." Seulgi muttered to herself as she ruffled her hair in frustration, trying to not let her emotion get through her in the quiet cafe.

 

"Are you alright?" Seulgi looked up and saw a girl with bangs smiling at her. Judging from the white and neat uniform the stranger was wearing, Seulgi could recognize her as one of the staff albeit she thought it was the first time she had seen her from all of her visits. 

Oh wells, this girl seems kind and Seulgi kinda need to have someone to vent her frustrations to.  

 

"Urm, not really..." Seulgi huffed and leaned back to her seat. 

She saw the girl eyeing the unsolved question papers lying on the table, "Maths. I'm guessing you're not that great in it?" 

Seulgi chunckled with a nod. 

 

"Do you want me to help?" 

There was a glint of hope that flashed across Seulgi's cat eyes, "What really???"

"Of course."

"But don't you have work?"

The saviour laughs and points to the ticking clock, "Just wait for a moment, i'll be off the clock soon."

"But why are you offering help to a stranger like me?"

The girl shrugged, " I ather help you then seeing you being so frustrated and spoiling the calm ambience of the cafe."

Seulgi giggled, "Well i'm sorry    how do i address you?"

 

"Seungwan. Son Seungwan."  

 

 

Seulgi knew running away was not the best option. But what else could she do? All she could do was to drown in her salty tears as she runs aimlessly along the loney night street.

No, she wasn't mad at Seungwan.

How could she be mad at someone who had been by her side? Eventhough she might be a spy, Seulgi was stll grateful.

She was just confused and scared.  

Scared that she was the only one who's cherishing this beautiful friendship all this while. 

Scared that Seungwan may be laughing at her back all these while when she was mourning about Naeun.

Seulg was afraid that Seungwan might not be the selfless and kind Seungwan she thought she was. 

 

"UNNIE! STOP RUNNINGGGG!!" Seulgi slowed down when she heard her little sister catching up behind. Scrouching down slightly with her hands on her knees, Seulgi blinked her tears away. 

 

"W-Why did you followed me?" Seulgi questioned when she felt Yerim's hand on her shoulder. 

 

The younger girl sighed and pulled her sister to the nearest bench, before giving her a worried glance, "You practically ran out with your ugly tears falling, unnie." 

 

Seulgi fights off her sobs as she looked at Yerim with her blood-shot eyes and frowed brows, "I...I- Why is t-this happening?" The latter could only clench on her teeth, seeing how much her precious older sister was suffering and engulf the taller in a warm hug. 

 

It hurts Yerim seeing how badly Seulgi was crying. 

Seulgi had been nothing but the sweetest (though sometimes annoyingly dumb) girl on earth, she didn't get why her sister have to go through so much. She didn't had a really happy childhood, instead she had to take care of the household and babysit an evil kid-aka, Kim Yerim. So should she be enjoying her life now?

 

"Unnie, do you want to go back home?" 

 

"Home?"

 

"Our home." 

 

 

 

 

 

No words could describe how Seungwan feels right now. With her hands trembling and her heart weighing down heavily, she could only glare at her cousin who was spawled on the couch with her lips wide open and snoring away. Her eyes kept glancing back from the clock to the door. It had been nearly one hour since Seulgi had ran out with Yerim chasing behind her yet the sibling wasn't anywhere seen.

What she was fearing could happen the minute she heard that Naeun was back, had finally happened. Seungwan knew it was inevitable but if she could, she really wanted to bring this truth to her grave. Yet, sometimes, Seungwan would hope that Seulgi would be that forgiving and kind person she is and forgive her. 

 

But who was she lying to? 

What she did was simply...betrayal?

 

There were some situations where Seungwan felt guilty for doing. Excuse or not, Seungwan was pressurized by Naeun. 

 

Seulgi wanted to look for Yerim and her father and seeked help from Seungwan. 

Its easy.

Extremely easy.

But why couldn't they track them down when it only took a few days for Soojung and the other 94-liners to find otu Yerim's location? 

That's because, Seungwan didn't even conduct the search at all.

 

"If Seulgi finds Yerim back, there's no way that little kid is going to let us be together again when i go back." 

"What??? But... it's kinda sad.."

"Seungwan, you're my spy. Listen to my instructions."

"So am i suppose to lie to her?"

"Trust me, she won't even find it suspicious. Just tell her that the fees are getting higher. "

 

 

 

Seungwan could only chunckle bitterly to herself. Not knowning if she should feel remorseful for accepting Naeun's request. But if it wasn't for the said girl, she wouldn't have met such a wonderful person like Seulgi. 

 

"Help me, Seungwan."

"With?"

"You remember Seulgi?"

"The girl you are dating now?" 

"Yes." 

 

 

"I'll be responsible for your high school and university fees."

 

Unlike Naeun, Seungwan wasn't born in the a rich family. Though they are related, their family statues was different. Seungwan's family could hardly support her school fees and the girl was beyond desprate to make it into university at the end of the day. Her dream of becoming a lawyer may become a reality if she helps Naeun. 

 

The deal was too attempting for her to pass. 

All she needed to do was to befriend Seulgi and know what she's up to fill up Naeun's disappearance.

 

Just that she didn't know she would get so attached to Seulgi.

 

Sure, at first she befriended Seulgi was just purely because of the school fees Naeun's was paying for. But as time goes by, Seungwan realized how she wasn't just looking after Seulgi for the benefit of entering a university and getting a degree in law.

 

She truly cared about Seulgi.

 

Heck she was even in loved with Seulgi at a point of time.

Truth to be told, Naeun wasn't the only one being all salty and hurting when Seulgi dating Joohyun's news was revealed.

 

"They are dating, Naeun."

"I'm coming back to kill that little minister daughter..." 

 

It was at a spur moment of time when Seungwan let herself be selfish for once. 

It could be her. 

Why Joohyun who suddenly just jumps out from nowhere?

It was her taking care of Seulgi from the beginning.

So why was Joohyun taking away the rewards and credits? 

 

But she regretted immediately. 

 

She knew why it was Joohyun and not her. 

 

Their meeting wasn't a fate, it was planned.

Naeun told her where Seulgi normally was.

She told her everything about Seulgi.

What she likes to eat, her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter