Of Kisses and Ring

Of Invulnerability and Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Don't fret, baby. It's going to be alright." 

Friday had came faster than expected for the blonde-haired. The day that Seulgi dreaded for finally came, and she wasnt sure if she could survive the evening.

With one of her hand shaking while holding on to a gift for Joohyun's father, Seulgi smiles lightly at her lover who tighten her grip on their interlaced hands.

"But I'm still nervous."

The fact that they are just one door away from meeting the Prime Minister, sends shivers down the younger's spine. Chuckling at her girlfriend's nervousness, Joohyun couldn't help but tip toe and peck on the taller's lips gently. 

"We can do this. He's not as scary as you think he would be."

 

 

Seulgi have no idea how Joohyun could say that her father isn't scary at all when she herself felt like pissing in her pants just by how the older man was staring holes into her skull at her entrance into the restaurant. She could feel herself burning from the glances Joohyun's father was giving.

 

"Father, this is Seulgi." the younger almost wanted to stop her girlfriend from introducing her and just run out of the restaurant, never wanting to return again. 

 

"My girlfriend." 

 

Albeit shaking from fear, Seulgi managed to compose herself and bowed politely while flashing her million-watt smile, hoping that the elder would fall for it. 

 

"Its a pleasure meeting you, sir." 

 

The prime minister seemed un-amused at Seulgi's greeting, as he turned his attention towards his daughter with a little skeptical smile, "You didn't tell me that you are in a relationship."

Joohyun shrugged and pulled her lover to sit next to her, "I'm telling you now, Father." 

The prime minister let out a long sigh as the waiter came and served the menu Joohyun had ordered beforehand. Her smile brightened up at the dishes laid in front of her while Mr Bae cocked his brow at a particular dish. 

 

"Don't you hate chickens? Why did you order it?" 

Joohyun cringed slightly at the dish her father pointed out to but then flashed an adorable smile towards him then leaned her head against her lover,

"Because Seulgi loves it." 

 

Seeing how the expression on Joohyun's father went darker as minutes passed with Joohyun feeding her from time to time, the fear in Seulgi's heart increased. Especially when Joohyun doesn't even try to tone down her skinship and affections towards her. 

I mean who will like to see their precious daughter being so whipped? 

"Joohyun, stop it." Seulgi whispered and tried to pry off her girlfriend's hand that were wandering all over hers. Hoping that Joohyun would behave but the older shook her head with a frown and whined. 

"Mr Bae is here, Joohyun."

Seulgi reminded, making Joohyun pout as she slowly un-latched herself away from her and stared at her father who was amused by her clingy daughter.

 

"Ah, this is a gift for you!"

Before her she forget, Seulgi puts down her utensils and immediately hands the elder her gift with a shy smile. The Prime Minister smirked as he received the gift, "Is this a bribe or something?"

Frantically, Seulgi shook her head, "No sir!"

"I was just joking, relax." Mr Bae chuckled though it didn't quite help to calm the nervous girl down. They continued having the meal in slience till Joohyun spoke up surprisingly.

 

"Father, I'll be honest with you." 

 

Although Seulgi doesn't have any idea what her girlfriend had in mind, she had a bad instinct on what's going to happen next. 

 

"I'm going to marry Seulgi, with or without your blessing." 

 

Oh no.

 

"I see." Mr Bae blinks, obviously taken back by his daughter's brazen announcement.

"This dinner isn't for me to meet for my approval but instead it's for you to tell me about this special someone isn't it?"

Joohyun managed to crack into a small smile as she inter-laced her fingers together with Seulgi's and nodded her head.

 

"Didn't you want me to get married soon?"

"Didn't you say you are happily single?" Mr Bae fires back as he took a sip on his tea to calm himself down with the unexpected event. 

Joohyun rolled her eyes, "That was before I met Seulgi!"

The older man sighs and looked at the couple while shaking his head, pointing out, "You know the path you have chosen is not going to be easy right? Especially when you have the media's attention. Are you sure Seulgi-ssi will be able to handle the attention? Are you sure you guys can cope with whatever the public response will be?"

 

 

Seulgi felt the grip on her fingers loosen and the frown on Joohyun's browns went deeper as worrisom flashed across the older's face. 

 

"I-I didn't thought of that." 

Joohyun had forgotten that she's a public figure's daughter and that her actions may evoke huge commotions among the citizens in Korea. Furthermore, she knows that it would probably damage her father's reputation with her unacceptable relationship. She knows at the back of her head how harsh the people would be and the last thing she wanted was for Seulgi to be hurt.

But yet, at the same time, she could't give up on Seulgi.

 

"What should we do, Seulgi-ya?" Joohyun asked herself as she glanced up at Seulgi with insecurities flooding her orbs, as her heart shank in disappointment and shoulders weighed down with burden and stress. 

 

"I apologize in advance if my following words would be offensive to you sir."

Seulgi's tone was sharp, firm and at the same time sincere as she looked at the older man with determination set in her eyes. 

 

"Initially, I didn't even know Joohyun was a prime minister daughter. I just knew her as someone who is interdependent, strong and stubborn. I only knew about it later. When i confessed to her, public opinons didn't came in to me at all. Even now that you have mentioned it, my stand doesn't change."

Seulgi smiles fondly at her girlfriend who had gasping in shock with her eyes getting cloudy and watery.

Bringing up a hand to tuck a strand of hair behind the beauty's ear, Seulgi continued, "It took us quite a few obstacles before we got together. After all the efforts we put in, i don't think its fair for us to give up this easily. I promise that no matter what, i won't give up on Joohyun. Even if the whole world turn their back against me. I promise that Joohyun will never be hurt, i will protect her with my life." 

 

"So, I really hope you can give me, and us a chance to prove ourselves to you."

Seulgi concluded after taking a deep breathe, wondering where she got the courage from. It was as if someone just cast a spell on her. After her oh-so beautiful and romantic speech, fears start creeping into her skin again as she avoided eye-contacts with the Prime Minister.

 

There was a few moment of slience with just Joohyun's slient sobbing and Seulgi trying to comfort her girlfriend. 

 

"Very well." The slience was interrupted by Mr Bae who wore a proud smile, "I hope you can keep your promise, Seulgi." 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

"So you said you're going to protect me with your life." 

Seulgi rolled her eyes for the upteenth time as she tried hiding her coloured cheeks at Joohyun's tease. Ever since the meeting, the older had been teasing her girlfriend every single day. The younger is didn't know if she should regret saying those infront of Joohyun, so be glad that because of that iconic speech, she recieved a chance from Mr Bae. 

Speaking of Mr Bae, it seemed to Seulgi that he's more eager for the marrige to happen than the couple. A week after their meeting, Joohyun suddenly drove her to this big mansion, saying that it's an advance wedding gift from her father.

Seulgi was altitle skeptical about it, wondering if Mr Bae had installed some cameras around to mansion to make sure that her daughter doesn't get hurt or something.

Not that Seulgi cared anyways because if anything were to happen, everyone knows that it's Joohyun's fault. 

But Seulgi was grateful for the comforty couch that Mr Bae had placed in the living room, as if he knew how his daughter loves cuddling in the couch. It saves the poor girl from having back aches after every cuddling session. 

 

"I didn't say that." Seulgi replied nonchantantly, flipping through channels that was displaying through the biggest televison she had ever seen.

 

"Ehy, liar. Do you want me to recite your romantic speech right now?" Joohyun's eyes twinkled with mischieve as she pulled back from their hug and stared at her girlfriend. "Because i can remember every word you said." 

 

Seulgi's cheeks turned into darker shade of red as she climbed out of the couch, deteching herself from her koala girlfriend before making her way to the kitchen. 

 

"Baby where are you going?" Joohyun pouted and started whinning like a loud baby, "It's our cuddling night! You aren't suppose to move until i fall asleep!" 

She was about to get up from the couch and claim her human bear back again when her phone screen lighted up, halting her actions. 

 

[Yongsun]

11:35PM

 Yo Bae, are you up for a challenge?

11:35PM

I'm not interested in your games, Kim.

11:37PM

Are you sure? Its a chance for you to get to another level of intimacy with Seulgi. 

11:37PM

WHAT IS IT. TELL ME!

11:38PM

This! [Video Attachment]

It's a dare from me and byul heh.

Good luck, hope you will get what you dream of. 

Don't forget to thank me after that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter