Of Nursing and Chores

Of Invulnerability and Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her brows knitted together, face scrunched up in fear and dismay. Breathes uneven as beats of cold sweats breaks out. Unwanted images and noises was filled in her mind.

 

Screeches of cars.

Sirens of ambulance and police force

Shoutings from the paramedics. 

​​​​​

Opening her eyes abruptly, Joohyun shot up from the bed with her heart pounding. It has been years since she last dreamt of that incident again.

 

The incident that took away her mother's life and her childhood.

 

Joohyun wiped away the tears that was threatening to fall, when she found a towel dropping down from her temple. Taking the cold towel, she observed it with a deep frown. 

 

"What is this for?" Joohyun asked herself as she scanned her surrounding and found herself in an unfamiliar place or specifically, a room. 

 

Her whole body was numb and she felt sick. Holding on to her pounding head, Joohyun tried to recall what happened and how she ended up in someone else's bed. However, maybe its because she's reaching the age of twenty-six and her memory might be lagging behind. 

 

She doesn't remember a single thing except that she was caught in a heavy rain outside of Seulgi's door and was standing in the rain for an hour, deciding whether or not to ring the bell for shelter. 

 

"Seulgi." Joohyun widen her eyes as she realized that she was in the younger's room. Biting on her lips, she pushed her brows together as she tried even harder to remember how she ended up in Seulgi's apartment. 

 

"-No, just hug me for awhile, five minutes." 

 

 

"My lips are cold too, Seulgi."

 

 

 

"Great." Joohyun face-palmed as she felt her cheeks heating up in embarrasment. She couldn't believed she just used that lame excuse to feel Seulgi's lips again and its even more frustrating that she didnt remembered what happened next. 

 

Did they do something...? 

 

Joohyun gulped at that thought as her face flushed even redder then before, for a completely different reason. Her heart raced faster than when she woke up from the terrible nightmare.

 

Glancing down at the yellow sweater that was loosely hugging her smaller frame body, Joohyun bite down a shy smile as she internally let out a squeal. But it quickly died down as she doesn't have any recollection of it happening.

 

Still, she was being giddy about it. 

 

"Ah, thats why my whole body feels numb. Damn it! Why can't i remember such important event that happened yesterday night?!" Joohyun raked her hair in annoyance when she heard Seulgi's soft voice outside of the room.

 

Stepping down from the bed, Joohyun went to the mirrior and slightly fixed her appearance before slowly opening the door, not wanting to emit any possible noises.

A sly smile was hung on Joohyun's pretty lips as she saw Seulgi sitting on the sofa with her back facing her, using her laptop.  

"Let's give you a morning surprise." Joohyun was prepared to run forward and give a tight back-hug to the younger girl but halted her tracks when she heart a familar name rolling off Seulgi's tongue.

 

"Seungwan ! Are you even listening to me?" 

 

Seungwan? 

Seulgi's supposedly bestfriend? 

 

Joohyun frowned as tip-toed a little, enabling her to look over to Seulgi's shoulder when she saw a girl Seulgi was skyping with. Immediately, she went back in the room and hide herself behind the dooor as she decided to eavesdrop the conversation.

 

 

"Yes, Seulgi. You have been telling me the same thing for two hours straight!"

 

Joohyun was thankful that Seungwan had a bloody loud voice so that she would had to get nearer to hear her talking through screen.  

 

"Stop shouting! Joohyun is still sleeping!'

Seulgi half shouted and half whispered, making Joohyun break into a wide grin at how thoughtful the younger was. 

 

"And you liar! You were practically having your eyes half-closed although you're the one who bothered my sleep and asked me to explain everything to you!"

 

Joohyun could hear a scoff coming from Seungwan as the girl deadpanned, "Of course you have to satisfy my curiosity when i saw my friend freaking kissing and hugging a pretty stranger in our apartment! I thought you were gonna get or something!" 

 

The violet-haired rolled her eyes.

 

?

 

She didnt Seulgi though, they were both willing. Joohyun shook her head to keep her mind alert when she felt her face heating up yet again from the lustful thoughts. 

 

"Ugh, i'm so done with this conversation, Wannie."

 

Wannie?

 

"Oh so she is that Wannie." Joohyun scoffed as a smirked played on her lips, feeling victorious that Seungwan slash misunderstood Seulgi's special someone, had caught them kissing. 

 

"I'm going to check on Joohyun now, talk to you later."

 

Widening her eyes, she promptly shut the door gently before running Seulgi's bed and cover her whole body with the blanket. Suddenly a familar scent entered her nostril as she closes her eyes. 

 

The baby-like smell that Joohyun had grown to love.

 

"Damn, Seulgi's blanket smells like her."

 

Like a psychopath, Joohyun started inhaling the scent of the younger girl's blanket with an idiotic grin. 

 

Her father had once told her that one of her shortcomings was her greediness and she rember how she glared at him and denied it.

 

But now, Joohyun would admit it.

For she was being too greedy for Seulgi's scent that she inhaled to much in one breathe, causing her to choke down like as if someone grabbed her neck and strangled her.

 

"Are you alright???" Someone yanked the blanket away as Joohyun grabbed as fits of coughs continued. She then felt a slim hand sliding to her back as it ran around her back in circles, as if trying to help her feel better. 

 

"Y-Y-Yes..." Joohyun replied in the midst of her coughing battle as she turned her head towards Seulgi who was staring at her in worrisome. 

 

Seeing the younger girl so up close made Joohyun's originally pale cheeks turn into fifty shades of red. She doesn't know why she felt even more bothered and nervous in front of the younger, albeit Seulgi had been her first. 

 

"Well, what's probably making me feel even more nervous infront of her in the fact that i cant remember a single of it."

 

Joohyun swore Seulgi would be the death of her one day when the younger moves her hands up to cup her cheeks.

 

"You're burning again." 

 

Avioding the eyecontact, Joohyun looked down with her teeth tugging on her lower lips. 

 

"I-I'm sorry, Seulgi. I have no memories of last night. But i hoped that i did a great j    "

 

Perhaps its because Joohyun had muttered the next sentence under her breath that Seulgi didnt hear her and just interrupted her.

 

"    Oh its alright. I didn't expect you to remember it either." Seulgi smiled warmthly and Joohyun couldn't help but feel more apologetic then ever. 

 

"Idiot! How can you forgive me for forgetting a such important thing?" Joohyun blushes as she punched Seulgi's stomach lightly. 

 

Seulgi frowned as she looked at Joohyun with confusion all over her place, "What do you mean?" 

 

The older grinned as she placed her head on Seulgi's stomach and hugged her waist, pulling her closer, "Don't act like an innocent young sheep when she already tainted me, stupid." 

 

There was a few mintues of slience before Seulgi pulled away abruptly with her face distorted into horror.

 

"NO WAIT JOOHYUN YOU ARE MISUNDERSTANDING THIS!" 

 

"What?" 

 

It was Seulgi's turn to grow beetroot as she scratch her nape.

 

"We didnt do anything indecent." 

 

Joohyun frowned when Seulgi started searching something around her bed. 

 

"You fainted and was sick." 

 

She said, holding up to the cold towel that was draped on her temple earlier on.

 

 

 

 

Joohyun feels like digging a hole to hide herself and never show up infront of Seulgi again. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Awkward. 

 

Everything is so freaking awkward. 

 

The air was full of awkwardness and more awkwardness as only sounds of plates and utensils clanking each other was heard. 

Joohyun kept her eyes focused on the food that she just made for the both of them when Seulgi sheepishly told her that cooking wasn't her forte.

If she wasnt still embarraded by what happened earlier on, Joohyun would

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter