Chapter 7

His Brother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minwoo stood impatiently at the entrance, his arms resting on his chest. “Who is this?” he asked, nodding toward Andy, who was still shaken by the pictures. “I expected you to be alone…” Minwoo commented coldly, obviously jealous again.

“It’s Andy. My brother-in-law,” Junjin spoke like it was obvious. “I couldn’t leave him. We have something to show you.” His arm went around Andy as he helped him take a step forward. Andy tensed up when the long arm curled around him. “Show Minwoo what you got.”

Andy passed an envelope to the short man, and anyone could see how much the hands trembled. Minwoo took the envelope, glanced at the two men, and then opened it. “What are these?” He questioned when the pictures paraded in his hand. “Who sent them?”

“We don’t know,” Junjin shrugged. “Whoever it is, really doesn’t like me.”

“Or Andy,” Minwoo glared at the youngest man. “Anyways, I need to show you something too, and it’s not good…” he brought the two guys to the room at the back and passed something to Junjin. “We got a call last night. And today these were sent together with a letter.” Junjin opened the envelope and took out pictures and the said letter. “We are going to pay anything to this person, but I don’t know if that will actually work.”

Junjin passed the letter to Andy, who had hard time reading it. He was even tenser now. He read the letter for several minutes, even though it was just a little line. Junjin went through the pictures, realising they were identical to the ones Andy had received. “Do you need something?” Minwoo suddenly asked the youngest man.

“No…nothing…” Andy whispered.

“You should sit down,” Junjin pulled a chair to the younger man. “I recommend you drink a glass of water.” he poured water into a glass. “Here.”

Andy stared at the glass before he downed it and bowed his head down. “Who could be doing this to you?” Minwoo asked. “You have a lot of haters, but none of them are threatening.” he spoke to Junjin, who couldn’t stop worrying about Andy.

“What?” Junjin turned his head to his manager. “Who could be doing this? I don’t know.” he answered.

“Disappointed fans? Anti-fans? Ex-lovers? You have a lot of those,” Minwoo mumbled seriously.

“My ex-lovers know they are only a fling. It can’t be that.” Junjin replied. “And why would they tease Andy as well?” every time he mentioned the name, the brother-in-law stirred weirdly.

“Well, his boyfriend happens to be your brother, and also, very famous,” Minwoo explained. “Someone really wants to hurt your family.” he concluded.

Andy kept staring at the photos and the letter. It was hard to believe that Eric always described Andy as bubbly. It was before he had met Junjin. The singer sighed. Andy had been fine before he had met Junjin. Junjin placed his hand onto Andy’s shoulder after a lifetime of hesitation. “We will find out who the culprit is.” he promised. “I will make sure hyung will never find out about this.”

Andy was silent, and tense. “I need to tell him…” he murmured. “I can’t…live with the guilt…” his voice cracked. “I cry…every time he touches me…and I remember what we did…where I woke up. I want to be able to look at him in the eyes…” Junjin let go off the shoulder. “…I need to tell him.” Andy sobbed. “I don’t want him to find out like this…”

It was going to affect Junjin too if Andy told Eric. But he couldn’t be selfish now. He didn’t feel like it was about him at all. Surprisingly, he felt guilty for doing what he did with Andy. needed two, but he felt like he was at fault. “You can’t do that to Junjin,” Minwoo argued suddenly. “You will ruin his career! Not to mention his relationship with his hyung!”

“Andy will ruin his relationship with his hyung, Minwoo hyung,” Junjin quarrelled back.

“When did you start caring?” The manager asked abruptly. “You used to care about your work.”

“I care about it now!” Junjin yelled. “I also care about my brother and Andy!” he gestured toward the shaken man sitting on the chair. “I rather Eric is told than that he finds out through the media. At least then I can beg for his forgiveness.”

Minwoo inhaled deeply and then exhaled. That was his way to tell Junjin he understood what he was saying. “You’re right,” he said. “I will figure out what to do with the blackmailer. You two…keep your hands off each other for now. And please, try to come up with a good explanation for this.” Minwoo pointed his finger at the two guys. “Aish…I need something to calm myself down. I will be right back.”

“Bye,” Junjin crooned to the air when Minwoo walked out. He then turned toward Andy. “He usually isn’t that mean,” he started. “Minwoo hyung, I mean.” he flashed a smile. “He gets very stressed when I screw up.” It was hard to chuckle at that moment but it kind of just slipped. Andy had lifted his legs up to the chair and was hugging them now. “He tries to take care of me, but I keep ing up. I don’t want to up but I do…” Junjin bowed his head down. ”Eric hyung isn’t totally wrong when he says that I don’t have a good image.”

Andy wasn’t probably listening to Junjin’s depressing speech. He had other things to worry about. His name was in stake. If the media found out about this, Andy would receive hate. And that had not come to Junjin’s mind until now. “Wow, I really screwed up.” he chuckled, running the hand through his hair. His eyes were teary. “I’m…so sorry…that I drew you into this.” he apologised.

“It needs two,” Andy peeped.

“No, Andy…” Junjin reached his hand and was about to touch the smooth one on the knees, but decided not to. He didn’t want Andy to tense up again. “I should take the blame. Maybe then Eric will get less angry.”

Andy was finally looking at him. He looked at him differently. Everyone else looked at him either hatefully or playfully. Andy didn’t do either. It was sympathetic. Andy didn’t hate him for sleeping with him. He felt as sorry for him as Junjin did toward him. “It still needs two and Eric hyung knows it.” Andy was serious. “He knows I say no if I don’t want it.” he started twiddling the string on his pants.

“You wanted it?” Junjin realised suddenly what he was feeling. He shook his head immediately.

“To some extent…maybe?” Andy looked at the older man again. Then he turned his head away again and bowed it down.

It was like a flash, but suddenly his whole face was warm. It started from the neck and then rose to the cheeks and eventually went all the way to the scalp. He was probably red. Andy wasn’t looking at him, which was good. He would have seen a strawberry shaped like Junjin in front of him. Fortunately, the light in the room was kind of dim. It almost resembled interrogation rooms of police departments – from America. Andy glanced at the older man secretly and noticed the flustered look on the face. He didn’t know Junjin well enough, but he could tell that this wasn’t his usual acting. Andy had a felt weird in his heart. It was beating irregularly, and kind of fast. The air smelled like Junjin. He had a distinct smell. Andy could have recognised it if he had been blindfolded. It was better than what Eric smelled like. Andy shook his head.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter