Chapter 7

A Blessing
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hakyeon was taken aback by Taekwoon’s act. But he recovered quickly and soon found comfort in Taekwoon’s touch. He smiled fondly, letting his hand being enveloped by Taekwoon until he needed to pull away to grip on the steering wheel, making a turn in a corner. Silence surrounded them afterwards and it was Hakyeon who first spoke. “Thank you Taekwoon-ah… I guess even my baby listens to you…”

“Takes after his mother.. I guess?” Taekwoon replied jokingly.

Hakyeon cocked his eyebrows but he never argued about it for one bit.

It takes another few minutes in the car and few talks between them before Taekwoon finally announced that they have arrived at his house. It was a secluded place, away from the bustling of traffics and noises from neighbourhood. And there stood one building that Hakyeon deemed was a villa, too big to be called a house, what more when Taekwoon had told him only two people lived here.

“Your house?” Hakyeon asked while still remaining seated in the car, only his head was trying to peek out from the window. Obviously, he was shocked by the size of the house. Hakyeon was expecting simple houses that he found in a neighbourhood or small unit of apartment or penthouse.

“Yes. My house…” Taekwoon answered as he turned off the engine of the car and got ready to get inside. However, seeing that Hakyeon was still remaining in his seat, he felt the need to explain to him. “Um… My parents owned this… not me. I’m staying here because I told them I wanted to live alone…” Taekwoon had hoped Hakyeon would wipe off the obvious shock shown on his face quickly because he did not want to be viewed differently because of his status.

“You are…rich…?” Hakyeon stated that sounded so much like a question because he was still trying to take in this new side of Taekwoon. Before, he only viewed Taekwoon as someone who worked an office job from 8am to 5pm hence when Taekwoon’s dwelling house did not fit in that definition, Hakyeon was rendered speechless. He did not notice that Taekwoon had moved out of the car to fetch Hakyeon’s wheelchair. Only when Taekwoon opened the door on Hakyeon’s side did he turned his attention away from the villa and looked at Taekwoon.

“My parents are… I’m not. I’m just an intern at the office... I paid the rent to stay here…”Taekwoon answered with a smile. “Now, get your here, I don’t want you to be putting pressure on that sprained ankle until it really heals.”

Hakyeon opened to say something and closed it right after when he realized he had nothing to say. He tried to stand up by himself using the car as support but Taekwoon was faster with helping him. Taekwoon held on to Hakyeon

Please log in to read the full chapter