Chapter 20

A Blessing
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was morning. The sunlight was blinding through the gaps of the closed curtain in Hakyeon’s room. Hakyeon’s eyes easily adjusted to the light thanks to Taekwoon’s broad back that was shielding most of it as he found himself comfortably nestled in Taekwoon’s warm embrace. Taekwoon’s arms circling his frame while Taekwoon’s sturdy chest cushioned his head. Hakyeon woke up to the rhythm of his calm heartbeats. So calming and soothing that Hakyeon wished they never had to wake up. But, thanks to his biological clock, he had to.

“Taekwoon…” Hakyeon uttered with a really soft voice that it was almost a whisper. He could not really remember how time passed so fast yesterday after he confessed his true feelings to Taekwoon. He remembered they kissed, ate dinner, and they kissed again. Then, here they were, snuggling against each other straight till morning.

“Taekwoon…” Hakyeon tried again this time after having a complete frozen and still sleeping Taekwoon as response. He then tried patting Taekwoon’s back lightly to wake him up. Just as softly as he could as Hakyeon did not wished for the latter to startle. However, it was to no avail.

“Taekwoon-ah… wake up…” He whispered, patting Taekwoon’s back a little bit harder. The only response Hakyeon got was only Taekwoon tightening his hold around him and a mere single whine from the latter. Cute. Hakyeon told himself before he was reminded that, he could not be swayed at this moment.

“Taekwoon-ah… our baby will suffocate if you keep holding me like this…” Hakyeon let his voice trailed off softly before he pretended to try taking in deep breathes just to get Taekwoon’s attention.

And Taekwoon’s attention was exactly what he got. Taekwoon was startled, he jerked away from Hakyeon almost immediately after that, giving as much space as the latter needed. “Hakyeon, are you okay? Is the baby okay…? I’m so sorry!” He asked questions in a quick manner as his eyes worriedly scanned Hakyeon’s whole body, hands checking him for any signs of hurt.

Hakyeon almost felt bad for causing unnecessary worries for Taekwoon but at the same time he really did love the sight of Taekwoon genuinely taking care of him and admittedly, Taekwoon’s puffy and just woke up face was beyond cute. So very cute that it made Hakyeon to smile to himself.

“I’m fine, I’m fine…” He quickly tried to dismiss Taekwoon’s worries after noticing how distraught the other looked at the moment. “I just… really need the toilet and you wouldn’t let me go… I’m sorry Taekwoon-ah...” Hakyeon continued before quickly placing a brief peck on Taekwoon’s mouth that he did not even realized he did it until he was at the bathroom; face blushing deep red.

Taekwoon on the other hand broke into a wide, shy smile, biting down onto his lower lip to prevent himself from squealing. ‘I can get use to this’ He thought oh so happily in his head and he earnestly wished that every morning he would wake up beside Cha Hakyeon, the most beautiful person in Taekwoon’s eyes.

Taekwoon’s face was buried into the fluffy pillow when Hakyeon’s head came propping out of the door of the bathroom.

“Taekwoon-ah… can you… can you please leave for a while? I-I’m changing… I mean I want to change my clothes…”

Taekwoon evidently blushed at Hakyeon’s words, later he stuttered his answer.

“Y-Yes.. Yes of course. I’ll leave.. too… t-to to freshen up… change.. yeah.”

It did not take long after that for Taekwoon to leave the bed and stumbled his way out of Hakyeon’s room.

It was a rather awkward breakfast that morning. But it was the good kind of awkward with both Hakyeon’s and Taekwoon’s repressed shy smile that never went unnoticed by Jaehwan.

Jaehwan knew more than anything that it was better to leave the two enjoyed their breakfast in silence. Hence, he excused himself very quickly to clean the villa and check the laundry. Though Jaehwan tried explaining his chores, it seemed like none of them actually heard what he said noticing that Hakyeon’s and Taekwoon’s eyes never left each other. Oh well. This was all better than seeing both the older men sad and stressed, he thought.

“Let’s go for a date.” Taekwoon started, seeming nonchalant despite the faint shades of pink on his cheeks.

“Date? Today? Where to?” Hakyeon asked, releasing the spoon that he had been gripping to.

“Mhm. Today. To the mall.”

“For?”

“A date!”

Hakyeon giggled, covering his mouth slightly and Taekwoon swore his heartbeats just picked up its pace right there and then.

“Yes a date. I mean, what are we going to do at the mall?” Hakyeon clarified, smiling sweetly.

Taekwoon chewed the inside of his cheeks. He was actually trying to come up with the plan because honestly he had no excuse as to why he wanted to go to the mall with Hakyeon.

“I… I think I need a new tie.. and new shirts. It will be good if you can help me choose.”

Hakyeon’s smile never wavered. “Sure.. let’s go to the mall Young Master Jung.” He answered after a brief contemplation. Hakyeon was still very much conscious with his appearance hence the brief moment of silence between them. But he did tried to ignore them by jokingly addressing Taekwoon as such because he knew Taekwoon would be by his side assuring him that there was nothing wrong being a pregnant man.

Taekwoon softly took Hakyeon’s hand in his. “It’s fine, Hakyeon-ah… You are beautiful just the way you are… Just, just look only at me and ignore others…”

Once again Hakyeon broke into soft giggles. Taekwoon truly was a blessing in his life. “I know…” He nodded and in turn tightened his hold on Taekwoon’s hand. He trusted Taekwoon now.

Just as promised, both Hakyeon and Taekwoon went to the mall after their breakfast with Taekwoon promising Jaehwan that he would take the utmost care of Hakyeon and Jaehwan promising that he would be back by dinner; the younger was going out for his usual weekend date with Wonsik.

Hearing that, Hakyeon had excitedly offered Jaehwan to have Wonsik to join them for dinner as he wanted to properly greet the latter. Taekwoon was quiet taken aback by such offer made by Hakyeon. Firstly because he never ever invited any employee or co-workers to his villa. Secondly, this was his villa shouldn’t it be proper if Taekwoon was the one to invite. However, seeing how hopeful Hakyeon had sounded, Taekwoon reluctantly but very ‘smiley’ nodded his head to Jaehwan adding, “Sure.. I’ve been meaning to introduce Hakyeon properly as my future wife anyway,” Taekwoon thought it would be a great chance for them to officially announce to the two that had been helping them a lot that they now decided to get married. Suddenly, Taekwoon was no longer reluctant. He was actually kind of looking forward to dinner.

In contrast, it was actually Hakyeon that was taken aback. Very taken aback at that. He felt, that it was too soon.

Despite the surprise and the sudden announcement from Taekwoon, they did went to the mall to shop for Taekwoon’s ties and shirts. Over the time they spent there and the many things to choose and shop there, Hakyeon forgot about the ‘future wife’ matter. He was so immersed and so focused to select ties that would suit Taekwoon’s style and taste. This was a serious job to Hakyeon.

Taekwoon would find himself giggling while looking at Hakyeon who was frowning as he ran his hand over the many selection of ties, one after another.

“The fabric isn’t as smooth as the one we saw before… but the colour here are a lot more calmer and professional…hm…”

“I don’t know if this one would suit the shirt you choose earlier…It’s.. bright”

“The stripes… hm… I don’t thi

Please log in to read the full chapter