Chapter 4

A Blessing
Please log in to read the full chapter

Taekwoon’s thought was not vocalized as he watched Hakyeon’s eyes slowly fluttered close. Hakyeon’s hand was still in his gentle grasp and with his free hand, Taekwoon softly grazed his fingertips on Hakyeon’s cheek. For unknown reasons, Taekwoon really wanted for the man to be safe and healthy.

“Rest… I have to go..” He mentioned to the sleeping Hakyeon before letting go his hand and made his way out of the room.

Taekwoon came back to work that day with his head filled with thoughts of Hakyeon. Most importantly he was questioning everything about him, trying to come out with possible hypothesises of how Hakyeon came to be how he is today. Why none of his relatives cannot be reached? Why didn’t he know what to do with the baby..and himself? Why and more why.

Taekwoon hissed loudly in his cubicle and roughly lied his head on the table.

“Why am I thinking about him?!” He grumbled and hid his face. It sure atrracted few attentions in the quiet office but none were courageous enough to check on the CEO’s son. Except for Wonsik who was ordered to teach Taekwoon.

“Young master..- Ah. Taekwoon hyung..? Are you okay? Feel sick?” He asked.

“No. I’m fine.”

“Are you sure? You have been daydreaming, not touching the paper works I give you.. And now.. look like you wanted to sleep?”

“I’m fine.”

It was clear that Taekwoon seemed bothered but when he gave the same answer to Wonsik for two times he was asked, Wonsik decided that his young master would not want to share what’s bothering him and with that Wonsik gave up asking.

“Okay then, hyung…”

 

 

The next day, Taekwoon eagerly waited for his lunch break again and sped to the hospital as soon as the clock striked 12.00 pm. With another bag of strawberries again, he came inside the room and there was Hakyeon. Still on his bed, in the same position just like the day before, still looking like he was lost in his thoughts. The only difference was that, Taekwoon noticed the meal provided by the hospital was eaten by him. Even when Hakyeon had not finish all, half of them was eaten. So does the yogurt and strawberries Taekwoon bought yesterday. They were nowhere to be seen on Hakyeon’s bedside table.

Taekwoon cleared , “Hakyeon-ssi..”

And just like yesterday, Hakyeon flinched as if he was being woken up. Hakyeon looked up from his bed to see Taekwoon standing by the his bed, nicely dressed just like how he remembered it yesterday.

“You came…” Hakyeon said, almost like he was shocked.

“I wanted to say sorry yesterday… But I didn’t know how I passed out on you…” Hakyeon began apologetically. “I’m sorry… I’m really sorry… Yesterday, it was -”

“No, Hakyeon-ssi, it’s fine… You’re sick, I should have been more understanding…” Taekwoon replied with just as much guilt. His heart broke hearing that Hakyeon had to apologize for being weak.

“It is fine, really. Please don’t say sorry… You ate the food I bought?” Taekwoon tried changing the topic as he sat on the chair. It proved to be fruitful because Hakyeon was turning to the bedside table and if Taekwoon was not looking, he would not see that Hakyeon had the slightest smile on his face.

“Yeah… I… was hungry… and strawberries are nice…” Hakyeon answered.

“Lucky! Because I bought another one with me… Finish them Hakyeon-ssi… You need all that nutrients…” Again,

Please log in to read the full chapter