Chapter 24

A Blessing
Please log in to read the full chapter

Waiting was very dreaful for Taekwoon. It was a very torturous process for his poor, stressed soul. Taekwoon did nothing but pacing back and forth close to the room where Hakyeon was taken in. The doctor had informed him once again that Hakyeon would be undergoing c-section and him as the husband had consented to it. He knew nothing about it but he was told it was a surgery. Taekwoon imagine Hakyeon’s stomach to be cut open for him to deliver their baby and he heaved his hundredth sigh at that time. He was terrified. He was worried. The doctor’s previous words about weak Hakyeon kept ringing inside his head.

Taekwoon could only prayed that Hakyeon was strong enough and he’d make it alive out of the operation room. Taekwoon could not imagined otherwise. The clock was ticking so very slowly for him when in reality 2 hours already past. Now that it was actually daytime, more people flocked the hospital. The used to be silent hallway during the wee hours, now filled with hushed chatters of visitors. More nurses and doctors passed by him. Even then, Taekwoon could only hear the ticks from the big clock at the hallway. He could felt the nervous sweats trickled down his spine as another hour passed and there were still no news coming from the room.

“Oh god..” There, Taekwoon felt himself getting overwhelmed again. Tears prickling his eyes as thoughts of Hakyeon and their baby filled his head.

 

Jaehwan and Wonshik already dismissed themselves not long after Hakyeon was brought inside the room and after Taekwoon finally gathered himself. They left with a promise to come back again after Taekwoon decided the two deserved their needed rest. Though Jaehwan was a bit reluctant, but Wonshik being the rational one, was able to persuade his lover to get home, rest and come back again for Taekwoon. Better prepared.

“Okay, I’ll bring more clothes, blankets, cushions for Hakyeon-hyung… for you too. I’ll bring his meds too. In his dresser right? I’ll see if I can buy any vitamins for him. Call me if anything! You’ll be okay right Taekwoon-hyung? Don’t forget to call me! We won’t be long!”

Jaehwan nagged like he was making a list for himself, Wonshik only gave him a squeeze on his hand that he was holding. Taekwoon could not hid his smile for that moment seeing how caring Jaehwan was. He earnestly relayed his gratitute towards the two. Taekwoon might not be able to make it through the morning without them. Taekwoon thought at that moment, he should be more thankful and more vocal about it since decades ago as he remembered how Jaehwan always made sure his needs were always met, so perfectly. And now, when he brought Hakyeon into his life, Jaehwan was still here to take care of him.

 

Taekwoon tapped his foot in sync with the tick of the clock. His stomach felt queasy as he clasped and unclasped his hands.

“Taekwoonie~”

Taekwoon froze. He recognized that voice anywhere.

“Eomma.” He murmured, turning his head slightly to see the older woman standing not too far from him. It was really his mother. Why? How?

“My son, Taekwoonie~” Madam Jung spoke so softly and motherly as she approached her son, immediately pulling him into a warm embrace.

She rubbed Taekwoon’s back soothingly as Taekwoon succumbed into his mother’s warm embrace. He heaved a deep shaky sigh as he felt this unexplainable emotions overwhelmed him once again with the presence of his mother here. He hugged his mother tighter, hiding his face inside the crook of her neck as he quietly sobbed.

“E-Eomma…” He sobbed, his voice carrying all that burden and emotions he had been holding up for the past hours. “Eomma…”

“Oh… my son… look at you… you’re still Eomma’s Taekwoonie… my baby….” Taekwoon’s mother murmured while she kept on rubbing Taekwoon’s broad back to soothe him. It warmed her heart while also caused a little pang of sadness to realize how big was her Taekwoonie now. “You’re going to be a father now, Jung Taekwoon… you have to be strong…” She whispered.

In his moment of being comforted bby his mother, Taekwoon did not fail to realize the fact that her mother knew about Hakyeon giving birth. He pulled away slowly, tears still dripping down his cheeks.

“How… Eomma..?”

“I went to your house, my dear.” She answered briefly, wiping Taekwoon’s tears away while she was still holding that soothing motherly smile. “I called but you didn’t pick up, so I had to go to your house… I was worried about last night. Thank god Jaehwan was there, and he explained everything.”

Taekwoon nodded meekly as understanding dawned upon him. He heaved a deep sigh before wiping the remaining tears with his own hands. After collecting most of himself, few moments later, he was back to be the manly son of his mother. Clearing his throat, Taekwoon tried to brave a smile.

“Thank you, Eomma… Thank you for being here.”

His mother’s eyes widened slightly at Taekwoon’s words of appreciation. It was not usual for her to hear it from Taekwoon’s own mouth. Though she knew all of her childrens were always thankful towards their parents, either they vocalized or not, it still managed to make her heart touched hearing it. As expected, it is always better to hear those nice words.

She squeezed his hands, smiling, “Tell me now son, how is he? How is my future son-in-law and my grandchild..? How long has he been in the labor room?”

It’s time. Taekwoon thought. It is time to tell the truth. The time has come now. There would be no other opportunity as good as this one to spill the truths to his mother. And so, Taekwoon decided wholeheartedly that he was going to tell everything to his mother. Hiding the truth any longer would not do any good for the both of them. He thought he would save Hakyeon from the probable consequences, now that he was fighting for himself and their baby under the care of doctors in the labor room. Taekwoon would be fine to face this alone and save Hakyeon from more hurts.

“Eomma… I have something to tell you.”

 

Wonsik drove back home fighting his sleepiness. After sending Jaehwan back to Taekwoon’s house for him to prepare everything necessary, he promised Jaehwan to get at least half an hour sleep before he would drive back to pick him up. Hence, here he was, yawning so big as he parked his car at his house’s garage. Looking to his left, he noticed Sanghyuk’s motorbike was back at its own place. Just few hours ago, he saw the bike was not there. Sanghyuk had knocked on h

Please log in to read the full chapter