Chapter 11

A Blessing
Please log in to read the full chapter

“I missed you…”

With the soft utter of those words, more teas rolled down Hakyeon’s cheeks and he had to bite down on his lower lips before any distress voice could slip out of his mouth.

Hakyeon blamed the comfy bed he slept on just now, he blamed the good sleep he had and the sweet dreams he had of his past lover. He blamed all the comfort he got in Taekwoon’s guest room that easily put him to sleep and his mind at ease, that eventually he started seeing Hongbin in his dreams. The both of them on a thin mattress but oh so comfortable in each other’s embrace, all giggly and cuddly. There, Hongbin was professing his love for Hakyeon, his promise of happily ever after that made Hakyeon felt like he was the happiest person on earth despite their poor living conditions. It was all sweet dreams before Hongbin his back and slowly vanishing. That was the point that woke Hakyeon up. He woke up missing Hongbin’s touch, Hongbin’s warmth, Hongbin’s scent, Hongbin’s love, he missed all of Hongbin.

It ticked him the wrong way when Taekwoon hugged and carried him suddenly, the one act that reminded him of Hongbin and his mischief.

Hakyeon became too rigid in his seat with memories of Hongbin came flooding his thoughts. He let the tears fell onto his tightly clasped hands, wetting them, until he felt another warmth enveloping them. His breathe hitched right then, before he opened his eyes and focusing his gaze to the source. It was Taekwoon’s. Taekwoon’s large hand was enveloping his and Hakyeon looked to his side to find the said person. He did not noticed when Taekwoon had come back and sit beside him and again, Hakyeon noticed, Taekwoon wore that worried gaze while looking at him.

“Taek…-” Hakyeon opened his trembling lips to say something but he could not get anything past his throat as Taekwoon‘s hand started caressing his cheek, wiping away all his tears.

“Shh… It’s fine… You don’t have to say anything…” Taekwoon said very softly watching that Hakyeon had difficulty to vocalize his thoughts. He came back not too long ago with intent to feed Hakyeon some strawberries that he really liked and probably to remind him to take his pills. However, he was met with a sight of Hakyeon’s shuddering shoulders and true to his guess, Hakyeon was crying. Taekwoon saw him silently crying in his seat, his eyes shut tight, hands on each other and teeth biting down on his lip. The sight broke Taekwoon’s heart to pieces and thinking that there might be possibility that he was the cause of it only saddened him more. Hence, after quietly putting down the tray, he took a seat beside Hakyeon, wanting to comfort him.

Carefully and slowly, Taekwoon drew himseslf closer to Hakyeon and pulled him in his embrace. He let Hakyeon rest his head on Taekwoon’s shoulder as he rubbed the side of Hakyeon’s arm softly.

“I’m here for you, Hakyeon-ah…”

Soon enough, Hakyeon hid his face in the crook of Taekwoon’s neck as tears welled up in his eyes once again. This time he let out weak sobs and soft chant of ‘I missed him’.

It was not heard by Taekwoon clearly but he knew more than to interrupt Hakyeon from pouring his heart out. Taekwoon had turn his body a bit so as to enable him to fully enveloped Hakyeon in a bear hug, his arms wrapping around Hakyeon’s body as he let Hakyeon wet his shirt with tears. Taekwoon ran his hand up and down Hakyeon’s back in effort to comfort him, not wanting him to have another episode of hyperventilating.

Time passed and the only thing that ever slip past Taekwoon’s mouth was only words of comfort and assurance for Hakyeon. Never did he questioned Hakyeon about what happened no matter how curious he was. It proved to have effect when Hakyeon’s sobs eventually died down and only silent tears were rolling down his cheeks when they finally pulled away.

“There… There… It’s okay, Hakyeon-ah…” Taekwoon spoke after that, seeing Hakyeon breating heavily in effort to take in air properly after such amount of crying.

Hakyeon bit his lip and casted his gaze on the floor, too ashamed of himself but at the same time he could not stop himself from feeling broken and pined for Hongbin. It was Taekwoon who pulled his face up so that he could wiped Hakyeon’s tears again. And this time, Hakyeon took his hand in his and utter soft words of apology.

“I’m sorry…” His voice was hoarse and shaky.

“No… It’s okay… I’m the one who should be sorry… I wish I could help you…” Taekwoon replied as he covered Hakyeon’s hand with his and tried to give him a small smile to which then Hakyeon only looked away and pulled his hand away from Taekwoon’s grasp.

Hakyeon fiddled with his fingers for a bit before he was clasping his hands tightly, again. “Hongbin..”

Taekwoon was not surprised with Hakyeon’s act at all, he learnt to accept it, and he was already preparing to get Hakyeon’s attention to be on his meal when that unfamiliar name was uttered by Hakyeon. Taekwoon’s gaze was full on Hakyeon again. “Hm?”

“His name was Hongbin.. My… M-My baby’s father… Hongbin.” Hakyeon explained as calm as he could. But it was all of no use when his voice cracked again as he mentioned that name. “Hongbin…” Hakyeon repeated again, clasping his hand tighter.

Taekwoon could not find any words at that moment. He was afraid to say the wrong thing in the midst of Hakyeon’s emotional breakdown. Hence, he was only able to wrap hiss hands around Hakyeon’s clasped one, signalling that he was there for him. Not long after Hakyeon continued talking about this Hongbin person, his lips were quivering trying to contain his cries.

“We were together for years… but.. he left. After all those years, he still wasn’t ready… Hongbin… left…” Then another sobs escaped Hakyeon’s lips. Taekwoon was caressing Hakyeon’s hand, listening to him attentively but after it only ma

Please log in to read the full chapter