Chapter 12

A Blessing
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was way past Taekwoon’s usual dinner time and Jaehwan heaved his maybe hundredth sigh that time. With hand propping his chin up, he looked at the still figure lying on the sofa. Taekwoon’s boyfriend, Hakyeon was still deep in his slumber while his dinner that Jaehwan earnestly prepared already turned cold. As for Taekwoon, Jaehwan cocked his head to the staircase, wondering. The young master had never showed up again after their last encounter late in the evening. Even his dinner had already turned cold. The silence of the night slowly creeping up to him and somehow it tugged at his heartstring that the house was still as lonely and quiet as ever when he had hopes up early in the day that finally someone was going to bring colours into his young master’s life. Or maybe it was just Jaehwan getting overly excited over the ideas of a young master falling in love, secret marriage, a pregnant boyfriend and a caring young master.. yea. Jaehwan decided it was just him overthinking things in the quietness and boredom. Jaehwan released another deep sigh. This time he was looking at his phone screen. No replies from Wonsik yet. ‘Is he busy? Did he forgot? Should I text first? What if he’s busy and I’m bothering… What if he just forget? Will he get mad? Is he mad at me…? Wonsik never takes so long to reply.. Did something happened…?’ Jaehwan’s thought was a mess and he was chewing on his bottom lip while excessively frowning when out of nowhere Taekwoon strolled down the stairs and cleared his throat to get his attention.

“Ah. Young Master!” Jaehwan jumped from his seat to greet Taekwoon, still frowning.

Taekwoon shushed him softly, pointing his finger towards the still sleeping Hakyeon.

“I’m sorry… ah. Taekwoon hyung…”

Taekwoon dismissed him promptly. “Hakyeon has not wake up at all…?” He asked, getting worried.

“Yes, he hasn’t… He’s too exhausted maybe.. He’s mumbling in his sleep, I do that when I’m too tired..” Jaehwan answered, nodding his head to the young master. “Oh. Should I wake him up, hyung..?”

“No.. No… You may go Jaehwan,” Taekwoon cut him off immediately after that as he despised the idea of having to disturb Hakyeon’s sleep when the latter was clearly exhausted. “Thanks for watching over him.” He added while approaching them slowly.

Jaehwan only took his leave and bid his young master goodbye when Taekwoon was finally by Hakyeon side. As soon as he was away, he checked his phone once again for any messages or calls from Wonsik.

Meanwhile, Taekwoon took no time to carefully and slowly carried Hakyeon back to the guest room. He made sure Hakyeon’s head fell on his chest to cushion it, feeling the warmth of Hakyeon’s body and the steady rise and fall of his chest indicating that he was fine, only then did Taekwoon moved to the guest room.

 

 

The next day started early for Hakyeon. Even earlier than his usual, he knew that from the clock hung on the gust room’s wall. It was 6.10 am in the morning and his surrounding was eerily quiet and dim. Curtains closed and no sunlight shone through. Hakyeon’s hand instinctively went to his ever growing stomach, rubbing it gently, “Good morning baby…” his voice was too hoarse that he frowned upon hearing his own voice. Hakyeon let his eyes shut for few seconds and took a deep breathe, thinking that his voice was just hoarse from sleep. It eventually gave him the chance to naturally recall what took place yesterday. He moved in with Taekwoon, dreamt of Hongbin, crying shamelessly in front of Taekwoon while complaining about his pathetic life and fell asleep. All of it came hitting him like waves and Hakyeon groaned in embarrassment. He turned to his side, wanting to hide his face while constantly groaning, regretting his acts that was all clouded by his emotion. He was stupid, Hakyeon thought. He was so stupid, he should have been stronger for his child and not being a crybaby and go complaining, telling people his life story and cried.

Hakyeon quickly stepped out of the bed to get to the mirror. Immediately he let out soft groan of annoyance to see how puffy his eyes looked. He turned away quickly from the reflection of his face and in the dimly lit room, Hakyeon accidentally hit his knee to a dresser. Though it was soft knock, the pain was still evident that he yelped out of shock.

“Hakyeon-ah!” Taekwoon who was just arriving by the door, immediately stormed in upon hearing Hakyeon’s voice. He ran to switch on the lamp and found Hakyeon’s figure bending over while his hand holding on to the dresser for support. “Hakyeon, are you okay?!” Taekwoon came, panicking.

“I’m fine, I’m fine..” Hakyeon answered him and tried to turn on his back, too ashamed to face Taekwoon so early in the morning. He was rubbing the painful area on his knee when Taekwoon stormed inside. “Taekwoon… I just hit my knee lightly… I’m fine…”

“Hit your knee?!” Taekwoon was shocked to hear that. “Hakyeon, sit down, let me see it…” He instructed, moving along with Hakyeon who at that time was turning bit by bit as if he was trying to hide from Taekwoon.

“Taekwoon, it’s fine… it was just..a light hit.” Hakyeon emphasised on the word.

However, Taekwoon was stubborn. He was so worried that he grab on Hakyeon’s shoulder to stop him from trying to turn away from him. “Let me see it, Hakyeon-ah…” Taekwoon’s voice eventually soften in contrast to his strong grip to Hakyeon’s shoulder.

It gave Hakyeon no choice but to eventually become still. Last night’s memories and Taekwoon’s sudden touch in the morning, did something to Hakyeon. His face became flushed and he easily obey Taekwoon as Taekwoon made him sit on the chair as he proceed to check on his lightly hit knee.

“I told you… it’s fine…” Hakyeon clea

Please log in to read the full chapter