Chapter 21

A Blessing
Please log in to read the full chapter

Ever since the talk about meeting Taekwoon’s parents begun, Hakyeon had long lose his appetite to finish the dinner. It left a bitter taste in his mouth. But, he felt that he was in no position to complain or whine about meeting Taekwoon’s parents. It was unavoidable; something he had to face sooner or later. And he was very sure that Taekwoon too must’ve had his reasonable share of headaches about the same matter. If anything, Hakyeon would not want to be a bigger burden on Taekwoon by displaying his fears and uneasiness, hence why he decided to only keep quiet throughout the conversation. Hakyeon seemed to focus more on trying to finish the meal on his plate despite having to force food down his throat.

“Master Jung finally closed a business deal with the Park Industries, one of the biggest, and he wanted you to lead the team. He wanted the family to know first before he bring this matter to the Board. ”

Wonsik’s serious voice resonated throughout the dining hall. The demeanor changed to that of Secretary Kim Wonsik and Jaehwan could not help but fell in love with the sight of his professional boyfriend despite the fact that it was an inappropriate time to have such huge heart eyes as he listened to more of Wonsik’s words.

“I’m just an intern..-”

“And you’re the CEO’s son.”

Wonsik took a sip of water before he continued again.

“It’s not just that, CEO Park Daehwa from Park Industries, has a daughter, close to your age… She’s going to be their representative for this project… and Master Jung wanted you to be the representative from our company.. Do you get me now, Taekwoon-hyung..?

Wonsik carefully worded his sentence. Only when he did, did he checked on Hakyeon’s expression.

The older seemed unfazed, eyes were only on his plate. However, only God knew how Hakyeon felt like his heart was crushed and beaten, his ribcage felt like it was closing on itself, his stomach twisted in a very weird way that it felt so uncomfortable he wished he could run away at that instant. He felt like crying. But Hakyeon did not want to cause unnecessary worries to Taekwoon. He did not want to act like a child, crying and whining despite how scared he felt that it was as if the past with Hongbin was repeating itself. He swallowed down the lump in his throat few times.

Taekwoon blinked slowly as the puzzles pieces itself in his mind. Yes. He understood what Wonsik was trying to say. He understood them very well. And that was why it hurts to listen to it.

“He sees the business potential. And he sees the..-“

“You and CEO Park’s daughter.” Hakyeon cut Taekwoon’s off before he could finish. The meal on his plate had finished and Hakyeon could not wait to leave the table. To leave and get a breathe of fresh air.

Hakyeon’s sudden interruption was sure to make Taekwoon surprised. But more than anything, Taekwoon was worried with how Hakyeon would accept the news. Hakyeon had a little hint of a sad smile on his face as he curtly wiped the corner of his mouth with the napkin. He was still avoiding everyone’s eyes from how Taekwoon saw it.

“Hakyeon, it doesn’t matter whatever his agenda is, you know that the only one that I wanted to marry is you.. And we are going to..-”

Once again, Hakyeon cuts him off. “I know, Taekwoon-ah.. it’s fine, I trust you.”

The dining hall turned to a silent cold once again after Hakyeon repeated that he would trust Taekwoon with all of his heart.

It was Jaehwan who broke the pregnant silence.

“Ah. Seems like Hakyeon-hyung finishes his dinner! I should bring in the desserts!” He said awkwardly trying to ease the tension.

“Let me help you!” Hakyeon chimed in excitedly despite his teary eyes.

Taekwoon tried to stop him, holding on to his arm but Hakyeon was very determined to have his arm freed hence, Taekwoon let go after several weak tugs Hakyeon made.

 

The rest of the dinner went by smoothly with lesser talking and laughing. It was more of awkward try from both Wonsik and Jaehwan to light up the atmosphere. Hakyeon had never touch the desserts at all while Taekwoon only kept on stealing glances at Hakyeon.

Wonsik did not linger at the villa any longer after they half-finished the desserts guessing that the Young Master and his future wife might very well needed time to themselves. He reluctantly left the sad and disappointed Jaehwan that night after apologizing for ruining the perfect dinner.

“No. You didn’t. You already helped them a lot… Hakyeon-hyung said to me earlier that… that at least he knew what kind of situation he would face later…” Jaehwan softly said before he circled his arms around Wonsik’s waist, snuggling close to him knowing that the latter loved snuggles. “So, don’t blame yourself… besides you were kinda cool talking in that secretary tone~ so handsome~”

Wonsik giggled lightly. “Hyunggg~~~”

 

When Taekwoon retreated to their shared bedroom; Hakyeon’s room downstairs which Taekwoon had claimed it was his too and Hakyeon happily agreed because he loved snuggling up to Taekwoon, Hakyeon was already lying on his side on the bed. Taekwoon came close and noticed that the latter was protectively hugging his stomach, eyes closed.

“Hakyeon-ah… are you okay..?”

Hakyeon nodded slowly.

“I-I’m fine… Just a little indigestion, I think I ate too fast..” Hakyeon ended it with a forced laugh.

Taekwoon lied beside him, closing the gap between them until Hakyeon’s back met his sturdy chest. Carefully Taekwoon hugged him from the side as his hand s to find Hakyeon’s on his stomach. He breathed close to Hakyeon’s ear, kissing it lightly.

“Hurts a lot..?”

Hakyeon bit down on his lip. He wanted to hide the fact that there was actually this non-existent unexplainable hurts that he felt to the point that he wanted to cry. But, he only managed a mere shake of head until finally a silent tear streamed down his cheeks.

Taekwoon felt the slight tremble of Hakyeon’s body in his. He only pulled Hakyeon closer, “Everything’s going to be fine…”

“Let’s shop for my clothes tomorrow,” Hakyeon voiced out, sniffling. “I wanted to look good in front of your parents…”

“Sure,” Taekwoon pulled him closer again if that was even possible and he made sure to tangle his legs with Hakyeon’s. “I love you and our baby so much…”

And Hakyeon cried silently through the night while Taekwoon embraced him so softly yet tightly.

 

Days passed and Hakyeon tried his very best to go through each day like usual. Greeted Taekwoon in the morning with a kiss and soft ‘good morning’, have his breakfast, waited for Taekwoon to come home for lunch, waited for him again at the sofa each day after the office hours ended, then they’d have dinner peacefully. Everyday started with Taekwoon and ended with Taekwoon.

There was no talk about the family dinner or the Park again after that night Wonsik joined them. But, both very well knew that they were nervous about that matter. Taekwoon became more attentive each time he was with Hakyeon, constantly assuring him of his love for him and their baby. They even had decided on a name for the baby, Heeseok if he is a boy and Hana if she is a girl. The baby would take Taekwoon’s last name; Jung. That was one thing Taekwoon insisted on. He said, “A father is not defined by the blood relations…it’s your acts that count…”

What Taekwoon did not know was how much Hakyeon had been under stress lately that he only showed when Taekwoon was away for work. The meeting with Taekwoon’s parents had been messing him up with thoughts of his past. They might have lunch together everyday, but Jaehwan would always came by to check on Hakyeon because he’d been throwing up his food frequently after the meal. Then, Hakyeon would sleep until the minute Taekwoon would be back from the office. The older had made Jaehwan promised to not let Taekwoon know about it. Hakyeon gave him excuse that it would only add more to Taekwoon’s worries. Besides, Hakyeon was doing just fine after the vomiting fits.

 

Hakyeon wore his new clothes that Taekwoon chose for him on the day of the family dinner. There was this sudden pain in his stomach when he was standing in front of the dresser while he was combing hair. It was sudden and very painful that Hakyeon instinctively bend down a little bit while his hand grip the dresser for support. He tried to remain calm, biting on his lip to suppress any sounds of pain throughout that short period of utter pain. When the pain subsided, Hakyeon had to breathe in heavily and shut his eyes tight to find the stability in him again.

Then, there were knocks on his door. “Hakyeon-ah, can I come in? Are you done changing..?” It was Taekwoon.

Hakyeon took his time to answer. “Yes, I’m done…” He stood straight then as Taekwoon was already making his way into the room as soon as he heard Hakyeon’s reply.

Taekwoon grew worried by the time he was standing next to Hakyeon. “You look pale.. Are you okay?”

Hakyeon his lips. “I feel fine… just.. j-just so nervous…”

Taekwoon did not wait to pull Hakyeon close for a kiss. Something that he wished would help to comfort Hakyeon and distract him. A gentle one. One that made Hakyeon blushed so red when they pulled away.

“I promise everything’s going to be fine.. Just trust me and hold my hand,” Taekwoon whispered as he rested his forehead against Hakyeon’s.

Hakyeon tried to smile a little. “Yes, I know..”

 

The drive to Master Jung’s house was almost 40 minutes long and during the dirve both had been keeping quiet most of the time. Taekwoon’s hand that was not handling t

Please log in to read the full chapter