Chapter 1

A Blessing
Please log in to read the full chapter

Tired, beaten, his vision bleary and his mind felt so hazy. The world around him was whirling in a very disturbing pace, making Hakyeon thought that he’d had enough. He was done.

‘I’m so done’ He thought to himself as his breathing gotten weaker. The support his two tired legs could offer was no more there as he wrapped his arms around his protruding stomach protectively. A single tear slid down his cheek, ‘I’m so so sorry.. baby.. Appa is so sorry…’

Whispering soft words of apology yet again and Hakyeon felt his legs grew limp, at any moment he’d feel the impact of the fall, except that, he did not. Gasps and murmurs were the last thing that he heard before his vision darkened and warmness enveloped his body.

“Hey! Hey! Do you hear me..? Open your eyes!” Taekwoon exclaimed, urgency laced in his voice as his forehead creased, examining the weak body in his arms. The said stranger was staggering, swaying dangerously by the side of the road that Taekwoon happened to walk on to get to his car. Like it was planned, he was by the stranger’s side at the exact moment he fell and his arms instinctively wrapped itself around the stranger’s body, preventing him from falling to the hard ground.

Taekwoon looked around him. Few people were starting to make a circle around them but not one had the conscience to offer him help considering that he alone was carrying the weight of this man fully. He gulped. ‘...... I’m late to the appointment..’ He muttered under his breathe. However, leaving the man there was not an option, looking at how not one wanted to offer their hand. Besides, the sight of him catching the falling man was already witnessed by the group of people, hence, leaving the said falling man and losing his face to the public was never ever what he wanted as of now.

“Uhm… a-ambulance…” Taekwoon stuttered, finally feeling the weight of the man he held in his arms. Sweats starting to form on his forehead as once again he tried to say that he needed someone’s help to call for the ambulance when he was in no position to fetch for his phone in the back pocket of his pants. But the words seemed to never reached the small crowd as they kept murmuring, wondering the questions of ‘who’, ‘how’, ‘why’ and by that time, Hakyeon was almost slipping in his arms prompting Taekwoon to eventually raising his voice to the crowd.

“Please help me! Help me carry him to my car! Fast!” He shouted, out of worries for the stranger in his arms, out of anger towards the uncaring public, and out of frustration that he’d shouted without thinking and risked having himself involved in someone’s life while being late to an important appointment.

Only then it prompted few of the people from the crowd hurriedly to get close by Taekwoon’s side and they carefully brought Hakyeon’s unconscious body to Taekwoon’s car. As soon as they lay Hakyeon down on the backseat and the door was closed, Taekwoon sped up to the nearest hospital.

“S-Someone’s… Someone fainted and he looked very sick.. bloated stomach…uhm.. pregnant.. I don’t know… please help.. “ Taekwoon announced through panted breathes immediately to the attending person by the counter at the ER when he arrived while Hakyeon was still in the car.

“Where is he, sir?” the woman spoke, cutting Taekwoon halfway and Taekwoon could only managed to point to where his car was parked right on front of the ER. “Help..” He sighed while the woman already went out of the counter shouting ungraspable directions to her colleagues. Taekwoon saw few of the hospi

Please log in to read the full chapter