Wedding Bells [Part Two]

Can't Buy Me Love

My parents became a distant image in the rearview mirror as Sehun sped towards the unknown. I looked at his side profile. He loosened his tie with one hand while steading the steering with the other. He looked tired after the party, topped with exhaustion from answering the press' incesstant questions afterwards.

I scooted closer to him while he struggled. "Let me," I said, his eyes slightly wide at my approach.

"Thanks." he said, while I toyed with his tie in my lap. "For everything." he added.

I wanted to raid him with questions but I let it rest, for then. He hummed a happy tune through out the drive.

*******Sehun's POV*********

Her Highness was asleep on the passenger seat, head rested on the window. I watched her in between signals, her chest rising softly in sync with her breathing.

She looked beautiful in my favorite color. Her form shifted in the seat, the safety belts holding her in place. A slight blush formed in her cheeks as she mewled.

"Sebyul, come to momma."

I smiled, making a mental note to take her to visit Sebyul one of these days.

The security in my building was unable to contain the papparazi flooding to get  our photos. Calmly, I passed the keys to the valet and walked around to get Raehun.

Her small body fit perfectly as I hoisted her in my arms. She curled comfortably, nuzzling close to my chest. I crossd the threshold like that, arrays of flashlights brightening my entrance.

The lobbying people passed looks but I searched around for Kris. Relieving me, Kris tapped my shoulder from behind.

Together, we boarded the lift to my floor.

Kris was swift with the keys, soon lighting up the dark place.

"Wait here."

The master bed was made as planned. Carefully, I laid Rae on the bed, placing a pillow under her head before removing her jewelleries. With her sandals off, I waited for a while to admire my work. Before heading out, I placed a shirt for Rae to change into.

Kris was at the bar, uncorking a champagne bottle. He poured a glassful, mixing equal portion of gin.

"Get the lighter. I will be in the balcony."

He joined me shortly, placing the dark liquid on the rails and lighted a cigar. With a long drag, I released a ring of smoke.

I felt much relaxed.

"Restore order in all premises and get Luhan to handle the family statements. Make sure nothing goes out of hand."

"Already on it, Mr. Oh. Anything else?" Kris asked.

"Get security for the Kims. And better if you could get Myra to work on Rae's wardrobe."

With a hand gesture, Kris noted down his work and briskly heeled away.

**************************

I did not realise when I dozed off. Waking up, I was strewn across satin sheets and fluffy bed pillows.

I started walking towards the other side, wild guessing if the bathroom was there.

I followed directions, finally finding myself in a monstrous bathroom, the size of my bedroom.

"Who needs a bathtub the size of a mini swimming pool?" I muttered to myself. The shelves on the other side housed several
cleansing products, bathing oils and toileteries that I could not come up with much use.

I saved my hair from water and washed my body to a quick soap water treatment. Wrapping one fluffy towel, I tip-toed outside. Sehun was not there but he left a shirt on the huge bed for me.

Swiftly, I pulled it over me. It went down to my knees, a soft cotton shirt and I let the sleeves stick out beyond my arm length.

Next, I started looking around. There was a huge mirror, taking 3/4 of one side of the room. A hinge system enabled a hidden chest of drawers behind it. There I found the bracelet, my earrings and veil.

"Do you like the arrangement so far?"
Sehun was back with two champagne flutes filled half. He had his slacks on from earlier and shirt buttons undone. I nodded, relieving him of his work by taking my glass.

"Cheers!" I raised the glass.

"Cheers!" he repeated enthusiastically.

"This place is beautiful." I commented, sitting astride the bed.

"Yeah! It comes hard to get by a perfect studio apartment."

I gulped the tangy liquid fast. What was he saying?

"Is this your place?"

"One of them." he said without much weight in his words, placing the empty glasses to a coffee table.

"This should be easy." he said, fluffing out his side of the pillows. "Like camping."

He undid his shirt, placing it on the nightstand. I tore my eyes away from his chest as he joined me in bed.

"I will make it bearable for you, Sehun." I mumbled, laying down, facing away from him.

He turned off the lights, just the starlight entering the room from the glass window opposite.

After what it seemed like an eternity, I did not catch a wink if sleep. Uncomfortably, I shifted to the other side.

His eyes glowed dark, staring intently at mine.

"Let's play a game. Truth only." I heard him say.

"Not sleepy?"

"Not really. Ask me something."

"Who was your first love?"

There was an enlonged silence on the other side. His lips, I felt without seeing, marred into a tight line.

"Areum." he said solemnely.

"Oh." my reaction was crestfallen, not a bit disguised to hide my dissapointment. So, they did have had a connection.

"Do you still love her?" I mumbled.

"No." he looked at me straight in the eyes, a warm hand reached up to my cheek. He tugged a loose strand behind my ear. His eyes glinted.

"My turn. What do you want to do now?"

"Honestly Sehun?" That made him shrug.

I drew in a deep breath. "I want to be held tight tonight and for once believe this is real, this marriage, you and me."

It made me want to cry in his chest but I could not. There are so many things I could not do to this man. He was mine for the next 365 days but yet he was not.
I felt his hand travel from my shoulder to my waist, him scooting closer to bridge the gap between us. I was in his arms, forehead nestled on his neck's crook. His light essence of musk filled in my senses. With our skins separated by a thin cotton shirt, I craved for his proximity. His nose buried on my crown, he hummed.
 
"Ta-tara-ta-ra-tara-ta-rara. Night Mrs. Oh." He caressed my hair, smoothening them down softly.

"Night Mr. Oh."

I was the first one to close my eyes.


 

A/N: Ok I cheated. Triple update.