A trip down the memory lane

Can't Buy Me Love

                                                               

 

She had the day etched deep in the back of her mind. A hazed up day, graduation just happened, lovely time spent with friends who she would probably not see never unless one of them decides to show up abruptly. Swimming between a swarm of sweaty, drunk bodies, she had been able to find herself upstairs to her brother's studio apartment. His room was open, and she realised she was not alone until she felt a warm hand pull her to the bed. 

The next things had been pretty ed up. She had woken up with a hangover, facing her life's lowest point, dishelved clothes and a thousand questions running through her mind. Quickly, she had searched for her bed partner from last night. His kisses were still fresh on her skin. As she washed her body, she discovered what she had been treated to. A few hickeys marred her skin in a purple hue, s sore and a very personal part of her body aching for something unknown. 

Yet, she had put up a bright smile and sat beside her brother on the breakfast table after mid noon. She stopped herself twice, from embarrassing herself and her brother by putting up the million dollar question- who had been there with her on the bed. Lets face it, she had one night stands before but at least she knew a name and face that made love to her.

Three months later..........

The nauseating feeling had been coming back and forth whenever she smelt bacon. On that particular morning, she felt disgusted by the very food that her tongue would kill to savour. Her brother had came to her aid, holding up her hair for her while she got rid of her morning sickness. The tension hanged thickly in the air when her brother, at one ocassion, asked her with a pregnancy test kit. It can't be possible you are pregnant, Boo? He had asked her, eyebrows deeply knitted. Unwillingly, she had gone through the test and made up her mind in the ten minutes she was away.

I am keeping the baby. She had made up a bold face, quite confident with her decision but still unsure how her brother would react. He had relieved her, wrapping his arms around the younger sibling. Their parents were not consenting at first, her mother specifically, outraged at the fact her child had a illegimate child that too without a father's identity. But for her and her brother, they perceived it as a gift that brought the two closer, to stand by each other's side.Luckily, before the delivery, their parents had warmed up to the feeling of being grandparents. They did everything possible to help their daughter and her unborn child. 

On her eight month, she had graduated with a CSE degree, all honours available in the field and a cute baby bump. Her internship period boss was another kind soul who made sure the girl would reach heights even after her childbirth. She had went on to give birth, little complications came when the baby was born but the doctors had warned her, the child would have problems later. Brushing off the negativity, she had started afresh, taking child care classes, moving away from home and trying out to get back in the work force. 

Sebyul was a obedient child, making it easier for her to deal with pregnancy aftermath. The rest was history when she landed her first job in three years in Oh Sehun's office.