Meeting the Family

Can't Buy Me Love

Hi there readers. I hope you all are having a great day. Thank you for reading my fan-fic. I hope you will stick around for more.

Let me tell you before hand, I will be slow with updates but I will update. I hope you will bear with me. Thank you once again for everything.

Also shout out to My_Type for the lovely poster.

This is a double update.

 

Sehun is always taking me by surprise as I spend time with him more and more. He met my folks for the convincing part. Mom was taken by Sehun the moment he pulled out the chair for her and fought me to pay the dinner bill. Chen grinned from ear to ear, engulfing me in a bear hug when Sehun announced our wedding.

Dad was not sure, which raised my anxiety but Sehun's little show of affection towards Sebyul warmed him up to see him as his son-in-law.

Sehun did not want a huge publicity, just family and a press meet. I was nervous as the day neared. I freted over his family's reaction. Specially his grandmother's approval of the stunt we were pulling off. What if she saw through the white lies?

My mother was beyond surprised to find Sehun knocking on our house door at 6 am in the morning next day. He carried several bags of grocceries and posh boutique names engraved bags. I was still yawning in the middle of the hallway when he sipped his caffeine, casually checking his emails on his smartphone, sitting on my sofa.

"What brings you here?" I asked him half heartedly. In the background, I heard my mom telling Chen to be hospitable to Sehun. I huffed.

Sehun wrapped an arm carelessly around my waist which left my father wide eyed. I elbowed him in ribs but was left bruised myself.

"Fiesty," he chuckled next to my ear.

"Morning Mr. Kim. I thought I would grab a quick breakfast with my in-laws and take Raehun out for shopping later. Did I do anything wrong, father-in-law?" he adressed my father.

Mom pushed him out of the way, the poor man who was awkward in the face,  before he could answer. I blushed as Sehun tightened his hand on my waist. She looked between us and grabbed my hand to send me to my room. With a smile, she turned to Sehun.

"No son, you do so much for us already. This is your home now. Do visit us anytime. Raehun will definitely go. She is a little slow in the head but she will learn. Will you like another cup of coffee?"

In the mall, Sehun chose a pair of platinum band rings, similar in design for us to wear. It felt he knew too well. My mom wanted me to wear the family wedding attire but Sehun dissapproved. With little coaxing, he made her agree to let him buy me a new dress.

I tried on several dresses at the big dressing room. Sehun rejected every single one. I was getting frustrated. I liked all of them, if I could, I would buy them all. But I could not.

"Last one," Sehun pushed me inside with a bundle of white dress, pulling the curtain in between. "If it does not fit, you can wear your family outfit."

The dress was pale white, delicate heavy lace work, edges lined with pearl like accessory. It was love at first sight. I pulled the gathered sleeves to my wrists. Taking a deep breath, I adjusted the veil jauntily over my messy bun. Perfect.

Lining my lips with a little lipgloss, I walked out. Sehun was busy talking to his mother, whom I recognised from earlier and another elderly lady. My throat went dry. Holy !

All eyes turned towards me and I smiled awkwardly, not to look rude. I bowed curtly. Sehun chewed his lower lip, hiding his sheer amusement. The lady walked up to me as I fidgeted my skirt.

"Enchanting." she held me by the chin. "Sooner or later Sehun, I knew a wisdom arrow would hit you in the arse, my boy."

Sehun's mother crooned beside him, thudding his back with a playful slap. " Whose son is it?"

"My grandson," Sehun's grandmother smiled faintly, pulling me in a hug.

From afar, Sehun took a breath of relief that watered my spirits. Damn, he was hot with an open collared shirt. He would slay wearing a sack even.

The chapel was selected. The dress, bride and groom were ready. It was time for Wedding Bells to ring.