Realising Duties

Can't Buy Me Love

After that day, Sehun engrossed himself in work. He would work from home in his study or just be out till midnight. Little dialogue was exchanged between the duo and Rae Hun was getting used to it.

He would leave messages on her phone to remind her that he won't be home for dinner. On Sundays, he would be home by 7 pm to leave again dressed in expensive suits. She tried squeezing in a bit of hi and byes while lounging on the big ottoman and diverted her eyes back to the LED screen to catch up with her daily soap opera.

Every day, she woke up to an empty bed but the room would scream of Sehun's scent. Like clockwork, she would get off the bed to check upon him but he would be gone. Well, most the time. Often he would be there, while she would hassle to make him a decent breakfast and he would have it in a rush, eliminating all scopes of possible verbal communication.

Sehun would return to a quiet house, just a dim illuminating the living space to remind him of his sleeping wife's existence. He would stare at the innocent face; a small wry frown would mar her face whenever she turned sides with a new cover book every day. It was slowly turning into his next best thing.

On other late days, he would be hungry; deciding on to crack open a pack of chips but instead would be welcomed with a note:
Press heat on a minute and eat

There was no smiley or lovey dovey sign. Just a few words and he would feel strangely warm and fuzzy insides. He would shake it off, nodding his head in sheer enjoyment as multiple flavors would hit taste buds.

On that particular night, Sehun lost his strength to cross the threshold of his apartment, barely making it through the doors. Kris had insisted to help him but he had sent the guy with a curt gesture. He admitted he had overdone it, the drinking but beating Park Chanyeol in anything yielded peace to his oversized ego.

He let his legs stick out of the leather couch and a low huff escaped his lips. He regretted crashing there…also buying the damned couch. He was going to wake up with a sore body.

"OH SEHUN!!!" the voice echoed throughout the apartment, creating a mini quake that left its inhabitants shook.

Sehun stayed dormant, slyly opening one eye to see his mother hovering over his face.

"I know he is up.” She said flatly while Rae Hun came down like a hurricane from their bedroom.

"What happened?" she looked quizzically at the people in the room. Not even caring about her apparel, she greeted her in laws.

"My daughter in law looking fine as hell." Mrs. Oh complemented.

"Thank you," Rae Hun tugged her hair backwards in embarrassment.
"But kicking your husband out of the bedroom is not cool." her sister in law totted.

"Maya, I-" she began explaining.

Sehun cut her off, passing a death glare at his sister, "I was home late and knocked out. Didn't bother to disturb Rae."

Taking staggering steps, he neared Rae Hun. Once by her side, he said loud enough for others to hear "Make breakfast for us honey? I will go take my due shower." Then he kissed the corner of that plastered a default smile on her face.

Sehun took his sweet time to change into fresh clothes. His wet towel hung from his shoulders, hair half dried. He walked to the dresser to take stock of the changes he missed. Rae Hun had placed her own cosmetics and perfumes beside his. There were two combs side by side. A small flower vase completed the set with a few scented candles.

He could not help but let out a catcall. The feast lay ahead of him was fit for a King. Juices, sandwiches, butter toasts, bread loafs, boiled eggs, fruits, nuts and many more. Rae Hun was still in the kitchen, occasional giggling came from inside. Maya joined him shortly with plates, napkins in ring holders and cutleries.

He could not contain himself and ask, “Rae Hun, did you purchase the new sets?”

She walked in with a pot of porridge, placing it in the center. “Yes, we really needed something more than a few quarter plates and plastic spoons Sehun.”

“And the grocery?”

“Kris helped me in between.” She curtly replied to for his absence.

 Breaking their conversation, Sehun’s mother interfered, “There is a reason why Maya and I are here. Your grandmother wants Rae Hun to be at the Manor for a couple of months to learn her responsibilities.”

“Sure,” Sehun munched a cashew nut, “Pack your bags. Kris will drop you guys.”

“You included.” Maya snorted, making Sehun swallow the nut through the air pipe.

He broke into a fit of coughs; Rae Hun rushed to his aid to pat his back.

Recovering, Sehun nodded his head, “No. I am not setting foot to that place.”

“Are you sure?” his mother inquired.

“Yes,” Sehun replied, wiping his mouth with a napkin.

“Fine I will let her know-“

“Mom! Wait! Fine, I will join. But I will work from Dad’s office.”

“We never stopped you son. Thank you.” The lady looked up to Rae Hun with admiration.  

 

 

Sorry for a crappy chapter.

Next week or tomorrow, I promise to gift you something more beautiful.

I am just too tired. v-v