Day One

Can't Buy Me Love

I stood in front of the wall mirror, fixing my collar. I have chosen a simple outfit for the day, enough that covers up to my knees and sleeves till my elbows. The baby was sleeping, I took a breath of relief, for I can work now Jongdae is helping me taking care of Sebyul. Her sleeping figure was the symbol of untouched innocence, beyong description. She turned in my arms, mewling softly, her fine angel hairs shining in day light. 

The sharp knock on the door puts a stop to our little bonding time.

Kim Jongdae.

I kiss Sebyul one last time, putting her back to her cradle. Jongdae stands on the door way, with a Starbucks takeout box in his hand. "Get going now, I am here with the royalty." He pushes a hand through his curly hair, flashing a reassuring smile. I don't know what I would do without this man. 

By the time I am out to the door, Sebyul was up. She jumped happily from Jongdae's arms, both waving as I started my bike. "Bye mommy!" The troll sneered, copying a shrill voice. Typical.

The vastness of the office building awed me, pushing it aside, I started to look around my work space. It was simple, white and beige with splashes of clinical blue. I wondered who did the decor, walking around in the carpeted area. Not caring for the wiring of my desktop, I trampled over, just caught in time by a strong arm. The arm held me in place, wrapped in grey Armani, black Rolex. I arched my back and it was Mr. Oh. 

"Are you planning to hurt yourself on the first day and complain to the employee safety authority, Ms. Kim?" His eyes were dark, as we stood face to face.

Ah! That smart mouth.  

"No one told you to care about me Mr. Oh. I will be fine." I fixed my dress that rode up my legs slightly.

"I am least bothered about you. I was worried about my office floor, it would have cracked if you fell. Now stop with that gaping look," I closed my mouth that was open, "I wanted you to see the production line and meet people whom you will see every now and then." 

To make amends, and cut the rising tension, I put my hurt ego aside and offered him to make a cup of tea.

"Chai latte." he ordered, walking away with perfectionist steps.

A few minutes later, Mr. Oh and I were on the production floor, walking through busedy aisles of workers makig lovely outfits and endearing designs I never saw before. He walked ahead, stopping once in a while to pass orders, placing replacement to fill for sick workers and consulting with the managers in deep tones.

"The orders should be completed with this week. Do you understand?" His voice bellowed through out the big hall room.

"Yes, Mr. Oh." the people said back in uniform speed. '

Such a control freak, I thought, how am I even supposed to go through with him?

The rest of the day went in frenzy, meetings went on and on, Mr. Oh, ever stable and composed through out. At the strike of 5, he wheezed.

"Get going, Ms. Kim. I hope you had a nice first day at work. I will see you tomorrow."

"But tomrrow is Saturday." I couldn't restrain my aannoyance of working on a day off.

He smirked, "You shouldn't complain. I work all days and as my assistant, you should too. As per the contract, you agreed to be present on demand. Is there anything I am missing out?"

"But," I was almost helpless and in verge of tears of annoyance.

"No ifs and buts. We can negotiate your pay. And I would like you to get rid if that Honda you ride. My driver will drop you off."

My jaw dropped. I felt embarrased. I am never the one to be dominated. I did't knew what I was up for.

 

_____________________________________________________________

Hey all. Changed Chap 2 for I thought i was not living upto you guy's expectations.

Thank you for everything every one, I am blessed.

Please see my other write ups: Last Days and Dark Secrets (shameless promotion)

Let me know what you think and Subsribe and comment if its not too much.

k, bye

Emicomei