Wedding Bells [Part One]

Can't Buy Me Love

In the small waiting room behind the chapel, I stood in the centre while my brides maid Tiffany fixed my veil. She moved around a lot, pushing in pins to place the delicate brooch that came along with the sheer silk material.

"There you go!" She pressed my shoulders as we both looked at the mirror. I saw my mom wipe a tear. I looked behind me, to make sure she was okay.

"Mom, mom," I reached out for her and she broke into sobs. I felt my waterline break too. We both were crying together, holding onto each other.

"You have grown up so fast dear, like yesterday I saw you in diapers." she joked, thumbing my tears dry. Wiping hers. I whined ,"Mom!"

The flash lights went off. Chen clicked a photo of us and then hugged us three in a big hug.

"Ahem, ahem," I heard a knock on the door. By the face, it was Maya, Sehun's sister. I would recognise her anywhere.

"May I see my brother's bride?" she smile infectiously, it lit the room.

"Sure dear," My mother gave her space and Chen and Tiffany followed her out of the room.

"Wow!" she grabbed me by the arms. "Grandma was telling the truth for once. You are so pretty." I snorted at her exaggeration.

"You are nothing less," I pinched her cheeks. We both laughed heartily.

"May I come in?"

It was Mrs. Oh. Maya froze for a while. The lady sure did effect everyone equally around her. "Areum," she ordered the woman behind her.

They both stepped in. I looked at Maya for answer. "Brother Kyungsoo's wife," she mouthed to me.

"Hello," I greeted her but she remained stoic with her expression. With a mechanic approach, she took my left hand. Her eyes coldly looked at my face. It was intimidating.

"This is the Oh family bracelet passed down for generations. My mother-in-law wore it. I did and now your turn." Mrs. Oh related the diamond studded bracelet's importance while Areum adorned my hand.

Her bony hand squeezed mine, wranging it in a slow twist. I wanted to react to the pain but she hugged me tightly in faked affection.

"Remember, you are just a bait in Sehun's game, . Don't act smart and get used to sharing. For Sehun is only mine." she whispered.

When she let go, her face was normal while I was numb. I squeezed out a forced smile till they were gone.

Tiffany was back, squealing at the expensive bracelet in my hand. But my mind was else where. Why did Areum hate me? Did Sehun have any connections with her? Why did she say he was his?

My father was at the door with Chen in tow. My men. Hand in hand, they walked by my side as we approached the locked double doors.

Tiffany rushed passed us, opening the door, signalling my arrival with, "Here comes the bride."

The croony song played along, Chen letting go and joining Mom in the seats to make space for us to walk.

The seats by the aisles were filled. His family; I picked Kyungsoo beside Areum. There were Suho with a mysterious smile, Jongin and Baek in top suits. Baekhyun waved while Jongin smiled smugly. I nodded at Sehun's parents, beside whom my mom wept behind a tissue.

My father stopped short before the alter, kissing my cheeks. I knew he cried last night while he thought I was sleeping. I regreted my life's decision. I will be breaking so many hearts to keep one. Sehun stepped down with one foot and my father unwillingly bestowed my hand on his. He firmly patted our locked hands before leaving.

Sehun stood poised at the altar, a dangerous smile colouring his plush lips. From across him, I saw his best men, two in number, both close to his height, maybe taller.

His prince coat was well fitted and I ran out of breath when he positioned me to stand in front of him. In heels, he still topped by a good four inches.

"You are looking nice in this dress." he winked.

"Nice?" I whispered in mock anger.

"That's all you are getting today. Try harder, Rae." he replied, rolling his eyes comically. I could not help but smile.

His jaw is perfect, hair groomed and jelled artfully. They say a bride is the best looking one on her wedding. Here, Sehun won. Hands down, he looked beautiful. Yes, men are beautiful. He is for sure.

The priest started reading the vows that went above my head. I repeated like a parrot. Sehun's eyes looked affectionate and confident as he held my hands in his own.

Thrice, I was asked after Sehun, "Kim Raehun, do you take Oh Sehun as your lawfully wedded husband and promise to cherish and hold him dear in life and after it?"

"I do."

"With the power bestowed in me," the priest continued, "I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss your bride."

Sehun waited for a nano second, releasing my hand while claps filled the church room. He raised my veil, eyes meeting, sealing our wedding vows with a firm kiss on my forehead.

A cold shiver ran through my spine, his hand softly pulling us close on my waist as our lips met in our first kiss.

For a moment, I wanted to believe it was real, the marriage. His lips melted against mine, softly carving against each others like two pieces of a puzzle.

But my joy was short lived when I saw a stomping, angry Do Areum leave the room.

 

 

A/N: Images belong to their rightful owners. No copyright infringement intended. Only for used for visual purpose.