Step 2

Step by Step to Heaven [On Hold]

 

So...2nd chapter...a short one, because my holidays ended and I have to go to school again...>.< I don't want to

 

 

 

Finally the lift arrived and Kyuhyun, who was still carrying the girl, got onto it. He pressed the button for the 3rd floor and the door closed. He knew it would take some time to get down there, so Kyuhyun took the chance to look at her at close range. Her long and fluffy dark brown hair was a little messy and covered parts of her face, but this made her even look cuter. Her eyes almost disappeared behind her bangs so he brushed them to a side to take a closer look at her face. That girl surely wasn't the typical beauty everyone was thinking of, but she was definitely pretty in her own way. Her skin was tanned, not too dark, but just perfectly enough to look healthy, even if she was a little pale right now, but Kyuhyun was sure that she'd be better in a few days. Her chubby cheeks made her look even younger and he recalled the picture of her blushing in his head. But the most impressive part of her face surely were her eyes. Big and mysterious dark brown orbs. Although her eyes were closed, Kyuhyun still could see the pain and the sorrow.

“”What happened to you, that you even wanted to die?”, he mumbled and caressed her cheek gently. Somehow, Kyuhyun had the feeling that he had to protect her. Again he noticed that she was so fragile, not only her body, but also her inside, that every little word could brake her. But more than that. Again it were her eyes that aroused his protective instinct. Usually he didn't mind if a girl was crying, he had seen too many of them crying whenever he told them that he didn't want to date them, but this girl was different. When she was crying up there he felt so helpless, that at first he couldn't even move. That's why he wanted to be the one who kept her smiling, protecting her from all the pains, making her eyes sparkle like stars...

Finally the lift stopped at the 3rd floor and he got out. As he was walking to her room he thought about this and that.

If I want to get closer to her, I need to find out more about her. By the way...I still don't know her name...and I have to know what happened and why she's here in hospital...but I can't ask her directly...Should I ask a doctor? But they won't tell me anything if I'm not a family member...Or should I just pretend to be one?...Or I ask a nurse what would be a lot easier...

Kyuhyun opened the door of her room and went in. But then he stopped as he saw a girl sitting on the bed suddenly jumping up and glaring at him.

“Who are you? What have you to do with Sooyoung?”, she asked.

So her name is Sooyoung?...funny name...I wonder if she can swim^^

He just ignored the questions and went to the bed where he carefully let Sooyoung down.

“Hey! I asked you something! What did you do to my sister?”

Kyuhyun sighted.

“You should lower your voice to let your sister sleep. Right now she's really exhausted and needs to rest”, he said while he was covering the sleeping girl with the blankets. Then he turned around and looked at the girl.

“They don't look much alike...”

“Let's talk outside”, he suggested and went out, not waiting for an answer. The girl just followed him down into the entrance hall, where Kyuhyun bought 2 cans of orange juice. He offered her one after they sat down on a bench.

“Kamsa hamnida”, the girl said as she took the can. Every little move of her seemed so graceful, whether she took the can, open it or just drank. Kyuhyun was amazed and watched her until she noticed and turned away to hide her red face.

“So? What do you want to know?”, he asked.

The girl slowly turned her head towards him.

“Hm...first of all...who are you and how did you get to know Sooyoung?”

She's her sister I should tell the truth...but on the other hand...what if she doesn't want her to know?...

“I'm Cho Kyuhyun, my father owns this hospital”, he answered with a smile. “I'm often here as he wants me to take over his place later on, so I often met your sister.”

“Chincha?”, she asked in surprise. “That's really cool. I want to be a doctor. When I was little I always wanted to become a doctor to help the people.”

“It would be good if every doctor would think this, but most of the people only choose a job for the money...I hope you'll become a doctor soon.”

“Yeah...”

The girl kept silent after that and just watched the people getting in and out the hospital.

She's really like the 'perfect girl'...long and silky black hair, white skin, innocent looks, graceful and intelligent...really a perfect girl...

“So...you know my name, but what is yours?”, Kyuhyun asked to start a conversation.

The girl looked at him and smiled.

“Ah, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Choi Seohyun, nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you too”, he answered. “So...are you here to visit your sister?”

Seohyun looked down to her fingertips.

“Not really...”

Kyuhyun was a bit surprised by this answer.

“Then why are you here?”

“uhm...well...”, she stumbled.

“Come on, you can tell me. It can't be something bad, so come on”, he tried to make her speak.

“...to be honest...my mom wanted me to take her home...” She was still looking at her fingers.

Hearing that made him excited. Kyuhyun didn't know why, but he didn't want to leave Sooyoung yet. He already promised to himself that he'd make her smile again. And for this she needed to stay in the hospital for a little longer, so that he had a reason to come to her.

“Bwoh? But Sooyoung's still not completely cured. I don't think the doctor will agree to this....and why do speak of 'your' mom? Isn't she also her mom?”

Suddenly she clenched her hand to a fist.

“Actually...we're only stepsisters...”

“Oh...sorry...I didn't want to raise my voice like this...but I think it would be better for Sooyoung, if she could stay a little longer at the hospital...can't you just convince your mom?...If it's because of the money, then I will take care of this. You don't have to worry about the money, so please, for Sooyoung's sake, just leave for today...When she's fine I'll call you so you can fetch her from here. Would this be ok?”

Kyuhyun put his hand on hers and looked at her with a serious expression on his face.

“Uhm...ok...I'll try...”, she answered and pulled her hand away. Seohyun stood up and bowed down in 90 degrees. “Then I'll go now...”, she mumbled and already wanted to leave.

“Wait...I need your phone number to contact you”, Kyuhyun chuckled and stood up.

“Ah...yeah, right...I forgot....” Her face was all red, so she hastily rummaged in her bag to avoid looking at him. “Here, there's my number on it...”, she said after she found a business card and gave it to him. “So, see you soon...”

While Kyuhyun was looking at the business card for a moment, she already turned around and hurried away. When he lifted his head she was already gone.

“A funny girl”, he chuckled and put the business card away.

“Well...I think I'll take care of my special patient now”

Kyuhyun turned to the entrance and went in while hummed to himself.

 

 

 

So...what do you think of the development? I hope it's interesting for you to read this story...if there's something you didn't like, just tell me..or if you liked it you can tell me too^^

And for everyone who hasn't done it yet...SUBSCRIBE!

:3