Step 4

Step by Step to Heaven [On Hold]

 

Happy Lunar New Year, everybody!^^

I had a real nice evening with good food, so I was very creative....wrote this chapter in half an hour...a new record...usually I would need about a few days to find an idea....

An applause for the author! Baksu! Baksu! :3

 

 

Sooyoung leaned against the door she had slammed only a few seconds ago.

Aish...why did I say something like that? Choi Sooyoung, you're acting like a stupid little kid. Of course he's in the hospital to visit someone else than you. It's not even like you're friends with him. And just because he was nice to you, it doesn't mean that he likes you!...Geez...he must be really angry now...Guess he won't come to visit me anymore...

She sighted and closed her eyes, her head still resting against the door.

Ani...I have to stop thinking about such stupid things...He doesn't even mean anything to me...We're strangers...

The girl sighted again and opened her eyes. Everything in this room was like before she met him. The same cold and sterile room, the same plain white walls, the same bed standing next to the window...and also the same gadgets she had seen so many times in her life. It was like she hadn't met him, just if everything was just a dream. Sooyoung sat down on the bed.

Dream...If I consider all this just a dream...then I won't have to think about him, will I?

But right after this thought came into her mind, his face appeared in her head. His smile, brighter than the sun, making her feel comfortable and happy whenever he was around. His deep and melodious voice, singing her into sleep whenever she was scared of the dark night. His big and warm hands, pulling her up whenever she fell down. Sooyoung couldn't stop the tears from falling down and everything in front of her eyes slowly became blurred.

“I miss you so much, Won-oppa...How could you leave me like this?” Her voice was only a whisper. “I didn't even have had the chance to say goodbye...”

Sooyoung grabbed the pillow and pressed it against her chest. She felt like her heart was about to explode, just because she missed him so much. Her breathing became faster as the pain grew and she felt more tears rolling down her cheeks. But they weren't tears because she missed him but because of the nearly unbearable pain. God, she hated it. Just because of this weak body she became dependent on him. And now that he was gone, she hated herself even more for loving him so much that she couldn't live properly without him.

Stupid heart...how can you ache this much when it's love that I feel?

Sooyoung was sobbing, shaking, trying to press the pillow against her chest when suddenly everything became dark around her. Slowly her eyes closed and she couldn't feel anything anymore, which was maybe lucky for her, as she also couldn't feel the impact of her body hitting the ground...

 

Kyuhyun felt really bad because he said this to her, but really...What did he do wrong? How could she be this angry with him? Just because he said that she wasn't the one he intended to visit?

He sighted in frustration.

Chincha...Choi Sooyoung, I don't understand you. Why can't you be like every other girl?

Kyuhyun was about to leave the hospital and already passed the entrance hall when he remembered that he wanted to call Seohyun. When he thought of her, a smile appeared on his face. With a girl like her by his side it was sure that everyone else would envy him. He stopped at a bench in front of the hospital and took out the business card she had given him. He called the number and waited a few seconds.

“Yeoboseyo?” Even her way to talk was graceful and charming.

“Good evening, Seohyun-shi. It's me, Kyuhyun.”

“Ah, Kyuhyun-shi. I wanted to talk to you, too...but unfortunately I forgot to ask you for your number.”

He smiled when he imagined how she was sitting there on her bed, holding her phone in one hand while playing with a streak of her long and silky hair with her other hand.

“Well, now you have my number” He made a short pause. “Well...What did your mother say because of Sooyoung-shi?”

She didn't answer immediately as if she was thinking about what to answer.

“Uhm...not that much...She said it would be ok if it's better for her......by the way...How's Sooyoung? Did she say anything to you?”

“No...she was really exhausted so she was sleeping really tight”, Kyuhyun responded. He turned around to the hospital, searching for Sooyoung's room on the 3rd floor. “The light is still off, so I guess she's sleeping.”

“Chincha? Then it's good.” Seohyun's voice sounded really relieved. Kyuhyun smiled . She must really like her sister.

“So...I'll call you again tomorrow.”

“Kamsa hamnida, Kyuhyun-shi. It's really nice of you to look after her.” He imagined her smiling face. Geez...he really wanted her as his girlfriend.

“No problem. So...it's already late now. Let's talk again tomorrow.”

After they said goodbye to each other, he turned around once again. He immediately found her window. The room was still dark, so she was probably really sleeping. Kyuhyun already wanted to go home when e noticed that her window was opened widely.

If she's sleeping with an opened window she'll surely get sick...

So he went up the stairs for the 4th time this day ans stopped in front of her door.

...Even if she's sleeping I should knock on the door first...

Kyuhyun knocked on the door, but as there was no answer coming he just went in. It was really dark in her room and it took some time till his eyes got used to the darkness. And then he saw her there, lying on the ground.

He immediately stepped up to her and knelt down. Kyuhyun shook her lightly, then harder, but no reaction. He grabbed her hand and took her blood pressure. Was it too low? He wasn't sure so he lifted her up and put her on the bed before he called a doctor.

The doctor came immediately and wanted him to go out, but Kyuhyun wanted to stay inside to watch him examining her, so he told him he was her close friend. The doctor gave up arguing with him and began the examination. He took the blood pressure and so on. When he was finished he turned around.

“It's ok...Her blood pressure is lower than usually but just a little bit. And her breathing is stable, so there's no need to worry.”

He began packing his things and looked at Kyuhyun when he finished, He saw his worried face and smiled at him.

“Really...you don't have to worry about this. It sometimes happens that she passes out but it's nothing serious. She'll wake up in a few minutes. I'm in charge of her since she was a little kid, so trust me. She'll be fine in a few minutes.”

He patted Kyuhyun's shoulder and wanted to leave.

“Ah, wait! Can I ask you something?”

The doctor turned around and smiled at him.

“Sure.”

“...Well...Sooyoung-shi never told me....what's her illness?...I mean...I know you can't tell me, because you have your...but I have to know it...please...

“Uhm...well...I don't know if I can tell you...”

“Please, it's really important for me.”

“Well...ok...” The doctor agreed after Kyuhyun gave him a few hundred thousand Wons.

“Her illness...It's probably too difficult for you to understand it, so I'll make it shorter. Sooyoung's illness is a heart disease. Her heart is really weak, but not only the heart but her whole immune system as well. So she get's ill easier than other. When she was little she was hospitalized for the first time. Back than she was about 5 years old and...”

“Why are you telling him all this?”

Both men turned around and looked at her in surprise. Sooyoung was now sitting on her bed and glaring at the doctor. Her voice was as cold as ice.

“How could you do this? You're my doctor! What's with you duty to treat medical records confidentially?”

“I'm sorry, Sooyoung, but I think that it..”

“I don't care what you think. Please, go and leave me alone.”

The doctor didn't say anything and just went out of the room closing the door behind him.

Sooyoung looked at Kyuhyun and her eyes were even colder than before, making him shiver.

“You...”

 

 

Yay! Finished the 4th chapter! X3

Now what do you think of the story's outcoming?

Please COMMENT!

 

And by the way...thank you all for your nice comments so far X3