Step 11

Step by Step to Heaven [On Hold]

 

Finally the next chapters out! :3

Sorry that I couldn't update sooner...but I was...well...I was busy watching Love Rain and all the TaeTiSeo performances...and then I also had a little writing blockade...but fortunately I overcame it, so now here's the brand new chapter! Please enjoy reading it :3

 

 

 

 

“Hey...”, Kyuhyun slowly closed the door behind him and turned around. Sooyoung was sitting on her bed, her arms around her knees. Her head was resting on a pillow she was hugging and her face was covered by her hair.

Kyuhyun cleared his throat before he stepped up to the bed and sat down next to her. He just couldn't bring himself to look at her, he was feeling way to guilty for it, so he sat down with his back turned to her, but only a little bit so that he could still see her from the corners of his eyes.

“Soo...”, he began and waited for an reaction. But Sooyoung didn't move at all, she just sat there, her face pressed into the pillow, not wanting to look at him. Kyuhyun sighted.

...Of course she's still angry with you, Cho Kyuhyun...Did you expect something else? Hoped that she will be smiling at you and everything is hunky-dory again? Dream on! Go and apologize!

“Soo...”, he started anew after clearing his throat again. “uhm...you don't have to look at me, ok?...I know you're really mad at me right now, but please just listen to what I'm saying, ok?...After that, if you still don't want to see me ever again, I'll leave you alone...”

As Sooyoung didn't protest or say anything against it, Kyuhyun continued talking.

“Well...about what happened...mianhae Sooyoung, I'm really sorry...I....What I said..I didn't mean it...it's just...” He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. “I was so angry...and disappointed, because you're always this distant. Although I tried my best to get closer to you, you're always cold...I know you just wanted to be polite by speaking formal...but...” Kyuhyun looked down to his hands which he had clenched to fists. ”I don't know. I know it's just stupid of me, but...at that moment...I was really frustrated...and angry...not at you but at myself, because I couldn't manage to make you feel at ease when I'm around you. You still see me as stranger although I really wanted to become your friend. I was angry because I always make you cry although I promised to myself that I will make you smile from the bottom of your heart...And also because I didn't know why I was so scared...scared that I might loose you.”

Kyuhyun faltered, not sure if he should go on. But if she later on decided that they shouldn't see each other again, wouldn't it be better to tell her everything? Slowly he raised his head and turned to Sooyoung. Her thin body seemed so frail under the pajama. He hadn't noticed it before, but her pajama was too large. It nearly slipped off her shoulder on the one side and he could see her formerly sun tanned skin and her pretty collarbones. But more than that, it were her small shoulders that caught his eyes. They were like a child's, small and thin, as if even a little breeze could break her. And her arms were so thin...they probably could have fitted in her sleeves 3 or 4 times. Kyuhyun didn't know why, but his hand raised by itself to touch her, hug her, pat her head. Just do something to show her that he cared for her, that he would protect her...but he dropped his hand when he almost touched her fluffy hair.

You shouldn't do this, Cho Kyuhyun...She's probably still angry with you...And just be honest...of course you want to show her that you'll protect her...but more than that...isn't it that you really want to touch her? Cho Kyuhyun, you're really a jerk. She's not even your ideal type...

Kyuhyun was still in his thought, scolding himself, when suddenly he felt something on his shoulder. He looked down in surprise, but was even more surprised when he saw that Sooyoung was sleeping. Her eyes were closed and her face seemed to be a little more relaxed, although he could still tell that something was worrying her. Her bangs were a little tousled, making her look extremely cute.

Kyuhyun stared at her for a while, amazed why he never noticed before, that Sooyoung was actually quite a pretty girl. She had really big puppy eyes...and it didn't matter if she was happy, sad, angry or whatever, but her eyes were just amazing. Unfortunately they were closed, but now they exposed her really long eyelashes which seemed to touch her high cheekbones.

“Sleeping beauty...”, he mumbled and blushed when he realized what he had said. He covered his mouth with one hand before he could something embarrassing like this again.

Aish...I shouldn't be thinking about stuff like that...but...she's pretty, chincha...the more I look at her, the prettier she gets. But so what? She's probably still mad at me. Just because she sleeps over it doesn't mean that she will forgive me this easily. I should rather think about a proper way to apologize to her than admiring her beauty...

So Kyuhyun turned away, looking out of the window and trying not to think about her. But soon Sooyoung's face appeared in his mind again, smiling shyly at him. He shook his head, trying to think about something else, but her face was still there.

...ok. Just one look! Just one look and then I'll start making a plan.

Slowly Kyuhyun turned around. Sooyoung's head was still leaning against his shoulder, so he laid her down and covered her with the blanket. He brushed a streak of hair out of her face, slowly and carefully, so that he wouldn't wake her up. While he arranged her hair, his hand accidentally touched her cheek. Kyuhyun felt like electrified, immediately his hand shrank back. He stared down at his hands for a few second, asking himself why he got confused by a simple touch.

It's not like I never touched an girl before...actually there were plenty. I just touched her cheek, it's nothing special, so why did I shrink back?...aish...it's so confusing....Yesterday I even hugged her and I felt absolutely nothing, so why now this suddenly?

Kyuhyun ruffled through his hair, frustrated because he couldn't understand himself. He had never been serious about a girl, always just being the player who was swarmed by girls who were willing to be his toys. And suddenly he wasn't even able to touch her? What has happened to him? Slowly he looked up, looking at her face.

“It's all your fault. Choi Sooyoung, since you came into my life, everything went upside down. Because of you I keep acting weird, I'm saying things I don't want to say and your face keeps appearing in my mind. The only thing I can think about, is you...I don't know why, but you really mean a lot to me.....”, he mumbled. “Geez...what am I talking? She's sleeping, and even if she was awake, there's still the problem that she's probably still mad at you...and oh wait, she also still sees you as an stranger, so just dream on.”

Kyuhyun sighted. It was better for him to leave before she woke up, so he took his bag and went to the door. He already pushed down the knob when he suddenly heard a sound behind him. He turned around and saw that Sooyoung had sat up and looked at him for a second, before She slowly shook her head.

“Ani...Aniyo...”, she whispered.

Kyuhyun just stared at her, he had no clue what she was talking about. “You're awake?”, he finally asked, trying to override this awkward situation.

“Ani...”, she repeated. She had stopped shaking her head and was now looking into his eyes. And then, suddenly, her eyes were filling with tears. “It's not like that....Mianhae...It's my fault....Because of me...”

Kyuhyun was totally taken aback. Why did she start crying this suddenly? And why was she apologizing? He didn't know what to say to comfort her, so Kyuhyun just stepped up to her bed and wrapped his arms around her shaking body. He lightly patted her head, searching for the right words to say.

“Shh....it's ok. Don't cry, Soo...”, he whispered in her ear. “I'm here with you. See? Everything's alright, so stop crying.”

But that just made her sobbing even more. Sooyoung tried to push him away, but he even pulled her closer to himself. She struggled for a few seconds before she gave up and let him hug her.

“Shh...don't cry anymore.”, he kept repeating and slowly she calmed down.

Finally, Sooyoung stopped crying and was only sniffling a bit so Kyuhyun loosened the hug and took a look at her face. Although he was worried about her, Kyuhyun couldn't get around thinking, that she looked adorably cute when she was crying.

“...want to talk about it?”

Sooyoung shyly looked up at him, before she lowered her eyes again.

“I...don't see you as an stranger...”

 

 

Ok, so they make up again(?)...and Kyu finally realized that he likes(?) her...I'm not even sure if he really realized it....but at least he knows that she's someone special to him....

oh, well...so this was the chapter...I as the author don't even know what to think about it...what's your opinion? Maybe it's too late at night so I can't think properly anymore, but I think I could have done it better...I just don't know what, but I'm sure that I could have....oh well...maybe I should get some sleep...

Anyways...just ignore my brainless babbling and comment