Step 6

Step by Step to Heaven [On Hold]

 

Geez...I'm so envious right now >.<

I want to go to Music Bank in Paris too! Why does it have to be on a Wednesday? Argh...I can't miss school...but I want to see SNSD...

 

 

 

 

“...So...do you really want to tell me?”

Kyuhyun wasn't sure if he wanted to hear it since he knew that she was just feeling guilty for punching and being unfriendly to him. But on the other hand it was a chance to know more about her.

“Ne...if you really want to know it then I'll tell you”, she answered after thinking about his question for a little while. Sooyoung then looked up to him and smiled. Kyuhyun couldn't resist and patted her head.

She's so cute when she's smiling!

“Ya! What are you doing?”, she muttered and moved back a little, unnecessarily straightening her hair so that he wouldn't see her red cheeks.

“...Mianhae...but I just couldn't resist, you know? It's because you're looking way too cute when you're smiling”, he apologized and smiled at her. “...Really...you should smile more often.”

Sooyoung felt like her cheeks were burning so she hid her face in the pillow, trying to calm herself down by beginning to count from 1 to 100.

Geez...I can't even talk to him without getting red whenever he says something nice to me....How can he say all these things so easily without getting red, while my heart starts racing and I'm blushing like crazy?...Geez...I have to calm myself down first......1....2...3...4....5...

Kyuhyun watched her for a little while but after he waited for about 3 minutes and she didn't move at all he began to feel worried.

“Sooyoung, are you ok? Aren't you feeling well?”

He bent down to her and lightly touched her shoulder, but then, suddenly, she shied away from him and stared at him with a shocked expression, her eyes wide opened.

“Do-Don't touch me!”

Kyuhyun immediately stepped back, looking at her with guilt in his eyes and biting his lower lip.

“...Mianhae, Sooyoung...I didn't want to scare you...well...maybe it's better if I leave now...”

After he took his bag he went to the door and slowly opened it. He then e last time to Sooyoung, who was still sitting there. She hadn't even moved an inch, like if she was in trance. He cleared his throat.

“...then I'll go now...Mianhae...really.....”

Sooyoung was still staring at the spot where he had been standing.

I...did it again...I yelled at him again....Chincha...Choi Sooyoung you're really behaving like a jerk.......But it wasn't like if he scared me...I was just...surprised....and I wanted to calm down and then he suddenly touched me...making my heart beat even faster. He can talk and touch me this easily, like if I was his close friend, while I'm just getting weird...He must think that I'm crazy...babo Sooyoung! What if he won't ever come again? I have to quickly apologize and explain it to him...

She turned her head to the door where he had been standing for a few seconds...but now he wasn't there, he already left while she was reproaching herself. Sooyoung sighted. She felt like crying.

“...I guess Kyuhyun-shi hates me now...I'm sure he won't ever come again...” Her eyes already became teary and she began sobbing.

“Babo...what are you talking? Why should I not come again?” Suddenly he was standing there, smiling at her. “Don't worry...I won't leave you, so please stop crying.”

“But...I thought...you're angry.. because I...and then..”, she sobbed, not able to form whole sentences.

Kyuhyun laughed a soft laughter and came the way back to her back. He sat down next to her and slowly wrapped his arms around her.

“Shhh...don't cry anymore Sooyoung...I'm here with you...”, he tried to calm her down and patted her head, which was leaning against his chest. Sooyoung was still sobbing, her shoulders were still shaking but she slowly calmed down as she felt his warmth and heard his steady heartbeat. Even after she completely calmed down, the both kept sitting there like this for a while until Sooyoung broke the silence. Her head was still resting against his chest.

“Mianhae, Kyuhyun-shi....I...”, she began apologizing but he cut in on her.

“Nah...It's not your fault...it's because I scared you, so of course you'd react like this.”

Sooyoung moved back, surprised, and looked at him.

“But I yelled at you again...”

“Don't worry about this”, he said smiling and lightly flipped her forehead. “I'm not angry at you because of this, so stop trying to apologize.”

Sooyoung rubbed her forehead and looked down. Again they kept silent for a few seconds.

“...uhm...tomorrow...will you come again tomorrow?”, she then asked and blushed a little.

“If you want me to come then of course.” He gave her his little finger and smiled. “I promise.”

Sooyoung shyly took his finger and exposed a little smile.

Kyuhyun took a look at his wrist watch and stood up.

“Well...it's late now...you should better get to sleep.”

Sooyoung just nodded and watch him straightening his clothes.

“Ok...then I'll see you tomorrow. Sleep well!”

After he patted her head, he left and slowly close the door behind him. Sooyoung watched him leaving and smiled. She was happy and glad that he wasn't angry, but also embarrassed that he saw her like that. She laid down and turned to the frame on the table next to her bed.

“Oppa”, she whispered to the photo of a smiling boy. “Today something good happened.” She smiled as she thought of Kyuhyun. “I met someone really nice. He's very kind....I think you'd like him very much...Oppa, I miss you so much. I wish you could come back...”

 

 

- The next day -

 

Kyuhyun woke up early to go jogging in the park near his house. After he went into the bathroom to get ready and change his clothes, he took a towel and a bottle of water and went out of the house. Outside the sun had just begun rising and he breathed in the fresh air. He has always liked going jogging early in the morning because his mind was still clear so that he could think about difficult things and plan his day.

As he thought of what happened the day before, Kyuhyun sighted. He was glad that it seemed like Sooyoung had begun trusting him, but the situation was so difficult. He didn't know anything about her except for her name.

Why was I this stupid and didn't let her tell me about herself?”, he scolded himself. He was sure that there wouldn't be such an opportunity soon again, so he needed an other source of information.

The doctor...he didn't talk till the end...maybe if I ask him again he will tell me the rest....but then Sooyoung will get angry again if she finds out...

Kyuhyun stopped for a short pause and wiped away the sweat from his forehead. When he took a sip of water, an idea came to his mind.

What if I ask Seohyun-shi about her sister? She surely knows more about her sister than the doctor and she would keep it a secret if I ask her to...and besides...it's a good opportunity to get closer to her!

Satisfied with his great idea he went on jogging while humming.

After he arrived at home he took a shower and went down to eat breakfast with his family.

“Kyuhyun. Yesterday doctor Kang told me that you asked him to keep a patient longer at the hospital.”

Kyuhyun looked at his father with surprise. He usually didn't talk when they were eating. He then slowly nodded.

“Ne, abeoji...”

Mr. Cho looked at his only son and raised an eyebrow. “Why?”

His father was a kind and nice person who just didn't talk much, so Kyuhyun decided to tell him the truth....well...parts of the truth.

“Her family wanted to take her home...but Sooyoung collapsed on the same day, so I thought that it might be better for her to stay a little longer at our hospital....I just wanted to help her.”

“Omona...you even know her name...Don't tell me you intend to date a girl you met in the hospital...Kyu...You know I never liked the girls you brought home, they were...well...just pretty on the outside..and it were so many...I don't want you to live such a lifestyle anymore...Please listen to your eomeoni. I already prepared some really good blind dates for you. They are all really nice girls and they know how to behave. They're well mannered and each of them is very talented in different...”

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and just faded out his mother's voice. She was raving about these girls great, well mannered, talented and most of all boring and ugly girls again. He knew she just wanted the best for him...but she didn't really knew his style. He sometimes asked himself where she always found all these strange girls. He cringed as he thought back of his last blind date, set up by his mother. The girl was just plain and boring, wearing thick glasses and only talking about her favourite books about gardening and her beloved pretty little garden. After an hour of tulips here, orchids there and a lot of other plants he had never heard of, he pretended to have a stomach ache and went out trough the back door. His mother definitely had a bad taste whenever it came to girls.

Kyuhyun hurried and quickly finished his meal. After he said goodbye to his parents and his grandmother he took the keys and went to the garage. He sat down in his car and took out his mobile phone, speed dialing Seohyun's number.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Norning, Seohyun-shi. Are you busy right now?” He took a look at his wristwatch.

“Ani...I'm on my way to school...Did something happen to Sooyoung?”, she asked worried.

“Ah, no, don't worry. She's fine, I'm going to visit her in the evening.”

“That's really nice of you. I can't thank you enough, Kyuhyun-shi.”

“You don't always have to thank me, I'm fine with it as I can help you.” Kyuhyun smiled as he hear her shy laughter. “But...i wouldn't mind if you could thank me with a little favour.”

“Ne, whatever it is, I'll try to.”

“Ok...Then let's meet this afternoon. I'll pick you up from school.”

“Eh?...uhm...it's a bit sudden...”

“Or don't you have time?”

“Ani...it's not like that...”

“Ok, then I'll come to pick you up after your last lesson.”

“Ne...my last lesson will end at 2.45pm. You'll also need the address, won't you?”

After she gave him the address they kept on talking a little until she said goodbye because she had already arrived school. Kyuhyun hung up and started the engine, driving to his university.

 

 

So...this is quite a long chapter...well for me it's a long chapter...

Kyu...is quite a player, isn't he?

So...to my dear readers...thank you all, and please keep on commenting! :3