Step 8

Step by Step to Heaven [On Hold]

 

Grar! I really hate the computers at my school! I was writing this chapter and then, when I clicked on “Add Chapter” it suddenly crashed. Really...my work of 2 hours was all gone TT.TT

But my school doesn't have any money for new computers...instead our facade got painted...in many... err...really “nice” coulors... yeah right...many different coulors...now my school looks like an elementary school....

 

 

 

 

Sooyoung was reading a book when suddenly someone knocked at the door.

“Ne, come in”, she said and put the book onto the table next to her bed.

“Could it be him?”, she thought and immediately her heart began beating faster and her cheeks reddened a bit. She straightened her hair and watched the door slowly opened. Suddenly it swung wide open and four girls charged into the room, each of them trying to arrive first at the bed.

“Youngie! I missed you so much!”, Yoona, who reached her first, squealed and wrapped her arms around the older girl, hugging her tightly.

At first Sooyoung was a little disappointed as she hoped for someone else to visit her, but seeing how much her friends worried about her, she felt really happy that she had such good friends. She smiled at her friend and finally hugged her back.

“I missed you guys, too.”

“Ya! Im Yoona! She's not solely your Youngie, so let go of her, NOW!”, Yuri shouted when, after 5 minutes, Yoona was still hugging one of her closest friend. She tried to pull Yoona, who was clinging onto Sooyoung like if they hadn't met for years, away. Finally the youngest of the five girls let go of her unni and Yuri already bent down to hug Sooyoung, but then Jessica rushed in and wrapped her arms around her before Yuri could do so.

“Ya! Sica-unni! That's unfair! You didn't even help me to pull her away! That's mean! I want to hug Soo, too!”

Jessica turned around to the complaining girl and...stuck out her tongue at her.

“So what? First come, first serve. Don't you know this saying, Yul?” With this she turned around to Sooyoung, who was watching them with amusement, and smiled at the younger girl.

“You look much better than last time we came to visit you...” Jessica put her hands around her dongsaeng's cheeks and examined her face. “Hm...your cheeks have been red even before we entered...and your eyes are sparkling...A sign that you are really happy. Something good happened to you right?”, she asked and smiled, happy for her friend.

As Sooyoung thought of Kyuhyun her cheeks began flushing again and she laughed nervously.

“Maybe?”, she then answered shyly.

“Aw! You're so cute, Youngie!”, Jessica squealed and pinched Sooyoung's cheeks before she let go of her. Yuri, who was standing close to the bed, immediately bent down and hugged the younger girl, not letting Hyoyeon get the chance to rush in like Jessica.

“So, I missed you so much! Without you school is just horrible. The two of them are always mean to me.”, she jokingly complained. “You have to get better soon, so that we all can eat together at the mensa, or go to cafes after school....The exams are going to start soon, so lets go to the library to learn together...or we could meet at my house and you all can stay over night and then the next day we go to school together...oh and we have to practice dancing a lot too, so how about...”

“Ok, Yul.” Sooyoung interrupted her and laughed. “We will do a lot together when I'm discharged from hospital but if you keep talking like that I might have to stay longer here because I'm already stressed out just by listening to all your plans.”

“...Soo...why are you like this to me? I thought I could trust you and now...you're just like the other two!”, Yuri complained theatrically and began laughing. The other girls joined in laughing and Yuri hugged her one more time before letting go of Sooyoung.

Finally, Hyoyeon, who was the only one who didn't run to the bed, stepped up to her friend and sat down on her bed after putting the cake onto the table. She smiled at the younger girl and brushed a streak of hair out of Sooyoung's face.

“It's good to see that you're better now...”, she said and hugged her dongsaeng. Then, like Jessica, she examined her face and smiled, seeing that her friend really seemed to be happy. “It must have been something really important. Wanna tell us what happened that made you this happy?”

“Um...well...It's nothing important...”, Sooyoung began mumbling and looked down to her hands, like she always did when she was nervous.

...they're right...I'm really happy now...but can I tell them? I mean...if I tell them about Kyuhyun-shi...then I also have to tell them how I met him...Ah no, I can't do this...they will get worried when they know...aish...and it's also stupid how excited I get just because of him...I mean...he's not someone important to me, he only saved me, that's why I like him. But there's nothing more than that...I only like him as a friend...just a friend and nothing more...and he probably only feels the same for me...”

“Soo? Hey, Sooyoung...you're still there?”, Hyoyeon asked and lightly shook her shoulders.

“Ne, I was just thinking about something...but it's nothing important at all.”, she answered with a smile.

“Then...just tell us what happened. I'm pretty sure that there's also someone else involved in this, right? So? Who was it, who came visiting you here at hospital?”

“I..err..I...”

“Hey! Let's eat the cake first! I'm really hungry now!”, Yuri suddenly groaned. “Ya, Hyo-unni. You didn't bring plates,,,how are we going to eat the cake now? And we also need a knife and spoons...Chincha...how can we eat the cake now?”

“Ah, you're right! I totally forgot them.” Hyoyeon jumped up from the bed and turned to Yuri. “Geez...I'll go down to the reception and ask for some plates and spoons.”

“I'll come with you. We also need to buy something to drink...”, Jessica said and stood up from the chair she had been sitting on. “Kids, just stay here and wait for me, we'll be back in a few minutes.” They then rushed out of the room, leaving the three youngest in the room. Yoona didn't even look up from the magazine she has been reading.

Sooyoung turned around to Yuri, who was grinning at her and then she realized that Yuri just had said it so that she could get more time to think about her answer.

“Gomaweo”, she formed the word soundlessly and smiled at the tall girl.

“No problem”, Yuri answered back in the same way and went to the bed where she sat down next to the younger girl. “You seem to worry about something, Soo...You know you can tell me everything, I'll always listen to you.”, she whispered in Sooyoung's ear.

“I know and I'm really thankful...but I don't know...you guys will get worried if I tell you...”

Yuri patted her head and smiled at her.

“But we will get worried too if you don't tell us anything. And you know? Friends are there to worry about you, so whatever happened you can tell us....”

“But I did something really stupid....”

“Ya, have you ever seen me do something that's not stupid?”, Yuri asked and playfully punched her arm.

“hm...you mean...I can tell you everything about how I met him?”

“Of course you...wait! How you met HIM?!? You mean, you met a guy?” Yuri jumped up from the bed and looked at Sooyoung with a surprised expression.

“You met a guy?”, three other voices echoed.

Sooyoung didn't know what to do so she just looked down at her hands again.

After putting the things onto the table, the four girls sat down on the bad and looked at her friend full of curiosity.

“What's his name? How old is he?”

“Is he handsome?”

“How did you meet?”

“Do you like him very much? He must be really kind...”

They excitedly ask all at the same time, making her even more nervous. Just by those questions he appeared in her mind again and her cheeks began burning.

Geez...I think of him again...I should stop this...He's just a friend. I can't fall in love with someone just because he's nice to me. It's stupid. Why does my heart keep beating this fast whenever I think of him? Do I really just see him as a friend?...even if I liked him more than a friend...there's no chance that he would like someone like me. I'm pretty sure that to him I'm just a little sister...

“Hey Youngie...Are you ok? Youngie?”, Jessica asked and waved in front of Sooyoung's face.

Suddenly Sooyoung's shoulder began shaking and she burst out in tears. The four girls looked at each other with confusion, but Yuri immediately wrapped her arms around her friend and her back.

“Hey, Soo...it's ok. If you don't want to tell us, than we're not going to ask further...so please stop crying...You know that otherwise I have to cry too.”

“Ani...it's not..because...of you guys”, Sooyoung sobbed. Jessica stood up went went to her, patting her head while the other two girls took one of her hands.

“Don't cry anymore, unni. You know I like you the most when you're smiling, so smile for me.”, Yoona tried to comfort her and lightly squeezed her hand.

“But...I'm just so stupid...”

“Ya, don't call yourself stupid, Soo. You're a great girl and you know it.” Hyoyeon scolded her lovingly while wiping away her tears.

After the four tried to comfort her for a while, Sooyoung finally calmed down a little.

“Gomaweo...”

“No problem, Youngie. You know we love you, so whatever happens that worries you, just tell us and we will solve all your problems”, Jessica smiled at her.

“...hm...I'm sorry that I always make you guys worry....”

“Stop saying this, Soo. You're not a burden to us. You're our friend and friends are there to worry for each other!”, Hyoyeon scolded her again.

Yuri, who was finally letting go of her, put her hands around her face and looked straight into her eyes. “See? I told you that we will always be there for you.” As Sooyoung saw all her four friends smiling at her, she finally smiled back.

“Gomaweo, guys....chincha....You're the best friends someone would want.”

“Aw! You're so cute!”, the girls squealed and all rushed in to hug their friend.

“Oh...seems like I came really untimely...Shall I come later again?”, suddenly a male voice appeared from the door. The girls immediately let go of Sooyoung and looked at him with surprise.

“Kyuhyun-shi?”

Kyuhyun was standing there with a bouquet of flowers and a cake box and smiled at the girls. The four of them looked at each other and smiled.

“Ani, we wanted to go now, so you can have our Youngie for yourself now!”, Yoona grinned and took her bag. “See ya later, Youngie!”

“We will come again, so take care of yourself, Soo.” Hyoyeon waved and bowed in front of Kyuhyun before she followed Yoona, who already went out of the room.

Jessica winked at a surprised Sooyoung and went out, leaving Yuri the last one in the room with the two.

“Ok, Soo. Get well soon so that we can do all the things I mentioned.” She then bent down and hugged her friend. “Give me a call and tell me everything about him, Soo. If you don't do so, next time we won't bring any cake, arasso?”, she whispered in her ear and turned around to Kyuhyun.

“It was nice to meet you.”, she said and bowed down before she left and closed the door behind herself, running after her three friends.

 

“Is it my fault that they left?”, Kyuhyun asked and seemed a bit guilty.

“Ani...don't worry...they wanted to leave anyways...” Sooyoung looked down, trying to hide her face behind her hair so that he wouldn't see that she had been crying only a few moments ago.

“Oh really?”

Kyuhyun went to the table and put down the bouquet and the box cake.

“Hm...I don't think that they wanted to leave this soon...the girls haven't even eaten a bit of the cake they brought...whatever...if I say this I might abash her...”

So Kyuhyun just kept silent about this and sat down on the bed next to her.

“Did...you guys have a fight?”

“Eh?” Sooyoung just looked at him with surprise. “Why do you think that we...?”

“Why?” He suddenly put his hand around her cheek, making her blushing like crazy. “I thought...because you've been crying...sorry if I got this wrong...but I don't like it when you cry...”

 

 

 

….well...so in this chapter it's mainly about Sooyoung and her 4 closest friends Yuri, Yoona, Jessica and Hyoyeon. At first I wanted to let Sooyoung know about Kyuhyun and Seohyun in this chapter...but then it turned out like this...hehe^^

 

So how did you like this chapter? Please comment :3