Step 5

Step by Step to Heaven [On Hold]

 

so...this is the 5th chapter^^

Actually I wanted to update yesterday, but then I got sleeping and fell asleep while writing...btw...i always write the chapter on paper first, so I fell asleep at my desk....lol

 

 

 

 

“You...”

Kyuhyun went back a step. Somehow Sooyoung was really scary right now. Her voice was cold as ice, as well as the stare she gave him...like if she wanted to kill him right away if she weren't connected to this gadget. He gulped.

“Maybe it's better for me to go now...”

He laughed nervously, trying to act as relaxed as possible.

“Well, then see you soon.”

He turned around and went to the door.

“Don't you dare to leave right now!”

Kyuhyun immediately froze, his hand already on the door knob.

“Don't you think you forgot something? Like...an explanation?”

He slowly turned around towards her and looked at her face.

“Really?”

Sooyoung was sitting on her bed, her hands neatly folded on her lap. Through the window, the moon shone directly on her, making her wavy and fluffy hair gleaming like silk. Once again, he noticed that in moments like this she would be a perfect doll, especially because of her emotionless face in which only her eyes would sometimes tell what she was feeling or thinking about.

Suddenly she smiled at him. “Oppa, why don't you come nearer?”, she asked with a sweet voice, giving him goosebumps.

She's even scarier than mum, when she's angry...

Although he didn't want to, Kyuhyun still went to her bed and stopped when he stood next to her. Through all this time she followed him with her eyes, her fake smile fading away the nearer he came.

For a few seconds everything was quiet. They stared at each other until Sooyoung turned away and looked out of the window.

“Why?” Her voice was only a whisper and Kyuhyun wasn't even sure if he didn't just imagined it.

“Why do you want to know it?”, she asked again.

Kyuhyun kept silent for a few seconds. Why did he want to know this?

“...I don't know...I just wanted to know a little bit more about you...”

“...Well...are you happy now, after you heard it? Don't you pity me for being like that? You can be honest. It doesn't matter if there's one person more or less who feels sorry for me.” Sooyoung's voice was all calm, without any traces of anger. “Just answer honestly. I won't get mad at you because of something like this.”

Kyuhyun didn't know what to answer. Somehow she was right. He felt sorry for her, but if he told her the truth....He was sure that she wouldn’t get mad at him but instead isolate herself more from the world, building an armor around her heart.

“...Uhm...I...”

Sooyoung was still facing the window, waiting for his answer. He didn't know what she was thinking, since he only saw her back. Why did she look so fragile, even from this side? Her shoulders looked so small under the wide nightgown. Suddenly Kyuhyun noticed that something wasn't right.

..Wait?!? She's trembling?...her shoulders..aren't they shaking?......An illusion? Or maybe she's just freezing?

But on the same moment he knew that she was crying. Before he realized what he was doing, he already bent down and wrapped his arms around her.

“It's ok....I'm with you”, he whispered in her ear. “Don't be sad anymore. I'm really sorry about this. Please stop crying.”

“Or else I have to cry too....”

Sooyoung didn't expect him to hug her or even to notice that she was crying. A long time ago she learnt how to cry without a sound, so how would he figure out that she was crying, when even her father never knew? But somehow it felt so good, his arms around her, giving her warmth and making her feel safe. Slowly, she calmed down, but as she felt his breathing in her neck, she immediately blushed and her heart began racing. Except for him there had never been someone this close to her.

Why is he so nice to me? Why does he always want to help me? He doesn't have a reason for it...Geez...he makes me all confuse...

Sooyoung sighted and waited for a few seconds. No reaction.

“...Kyuhyun-shi...please let go of me now. People might misunderstand it if they saw us like this.”

“Oh sorry...” He blushed a little and let go of her. He turned away so that she couldn't see his face anymore.

...Why do I always end up hugging her, so that she always saying this?” He looked at her from the corner of his eyes. “And she didn't even blush when I hugged her. Why isn't she nervous about this, not even a little bit? Normally every girl would get nervous and blush like crazy when a good looking guy like me would hug her...Geez...What a strange girl you are Choi Sooyoung...

Kyuhyun was still in his thoughts when suddenly something warm touched his hand. He looked down in surprise. Did she just grabbed his hand? He turned around to see her face, but she was looking down, her hair covering her face.

“Gomaweoyo....”

She...thanked him? But what for? Kyuhyun didn't care. He was too happy because he felt that he finally came a step closer to her.

“Hm? What did you say? I couldn't hear it because you were mumbling down to your blanket”, he said teasingly, with a wide smile on his face, waiting how she would react to this.

He...didn't hear it?...Should I be glad or angry because of it?...But maybe it's better that he didn't hear me...He'd surely think that I'm strange, thanking him in a situation like this...

“..It was nothing important, just ignore it...”

“No! Now you made me curious, so just tell me!”

“Ani, I told you it's nothing important!” Sooyoung felt the heat coming up her cheeks, so she kept looking down, hoping that he wouldn't see it.

“Aigoo...Who's blushing right now?”, he asked, grinning. “I guess it must have been something really embarrassing. Could it be that our Sooyoungie is a y?”

“A...y?” Sooyoung looked at him with confusion. “Ya! I would never say something like that, you jerk!”, she then yelled, after her face got even redder when she realized what he has been saying. Kyuhyun giggled.

Wow, she's surely innocent. Blushing because of something like that. That makes it even funnier to .

“Ya, Sooyoungie, you should lower your voice a little. It's already this late and you shouldn't disturb all the other patients.” Kyuhyun acted like he would think about something and then, suddenly, he sat down next to her on the bed, their arms almost touching. “Now you don't have to speak up that much any more, Sooyoungie!”, he said with a bright smile as if this was a brilliant idea.

Again her face turned red because of his sudden action.

Why does he always have to come this close and touch me? I should have realized it from the beginning. He's just a erted, skinshipping, strange jerk!........well...a erted, skinshipping, strange, good looking and friendly jerk...

“Do-Don't act like i-if we were th-this close to each other”, she stuttered, trying to avoid looking into his face, looking at his gorgeous smile again. “We're like strangers and nothing more.”

“Whaaaat?”, he asked and pu his hands around his cheeks, making an OMG-face. “Why are you so cold to me, Sooyoungie”, he whined. “I tried so hard, but Sooyoungie still sees me as a stranger. What did I do wrong?”

Sooyoung couldn't believe what she was seeing right now.

What's wrong with this stupid jerk?

“Ya! Stop being this stupid!”, she hissed and punched him, making him jump up.

“You could have said it without punching me...”, he pouted and rubbed his arm. “Geez...there's going to be a bruise....”

I think I have to correct myself...she's definitely not a fragile doll...damn...how can someone looking this frail punch that hard?

Sooyoung watch him rubbing his arm, feeling bad for punching him this hard. But on the other it was his fault, provoking her like this....

“Are you ok?...”, she then asked looking at him with guilt in her eyes.

“Nah, don't worry...I'm used to being hit like that...I was just surprised how strong you are...”, Kyuhyun answered and smiled at her. “And besides...it was my fault for teasing you like that.”

“...” Sooyoung looked down to her hands. “...You're always this nice to me...but I always get angry and shout at you....”

“It's ok. As long as you're not going to hit me again, it's alright.”

Sooyoung kept silent for a few seconds. Then she sighted and looked up at him.

“Do you still want to know it?”

 

 

so yeah...it might be a little confusing, but I don't want to rewrite it now...I'm just too lazy right now...sorry....

So, my dear readers...how do you think the story will go on?

Like always you are asked to comment or subscribe if you haven't done it until now :3

Kamsa hamnida