Step 10

Step by Step to Heaven [On Hold]

 

Huh...since I'm back from a short holiday trip to a friend's place I'm really relaxed now...but then again I still have this much to do during my easter holidays...Why? Why do all my teachers think that I don't have anything better to do than learning for their subject?...ah...I still have to read a book and prepare 2 presentations...not to forget I still have an ongoing project for my arts class...geez...

 

 

 

Kyuhyun leaned his forehead against the wall and closed his eyes. Only a few seconds ago they were talking normally...and now? Again he had make her cry, again they had have a fight, again he was feeling guilty.

Why can't I never make her smile? How come we always end up like this?

He slammed his fist against the wall when suddenly someone tapped his shoulder. Immediately he turned around, in the hope that Sooyoung had come out of her room to tell him that she wasn't angry at him so that he could apologize to her, tell her that he had overreacted, that he never wanted to hurt her, that he just wanted her to smile for him just once, but all he could see was a blonde girl standing in front of him with an icy expression on her face.

“Uhm...what's up? Can I help you somehow?”

“I don't think so”, she answered and kept glaring at him.

“Okay...”, Kyuhyun slowly answered. “Then why did you...”

Suddenly he only felt his head turning to the right, only heard a smacking sound near his ears. It took him a few seconds to realize that the girl had slapped him into his face. It didn't hurt that much but still he was surprised and somehow also shocked.

“Why...?”

“That's for making my Youngie cry.”

The girl lightly rubbed her hand as if she had hurt herself when slapping him. It might have been funny if this situation wasn't that tensed.

And how does she know Sooyoung?”, Kyuhyun wondered. But slowly he remembered. That girl had also been in the room when he came to visit Sooyoung.

“You're her friend?...Mianhae...I didn't want to hurt her...”, he began apologizing but the girl interrupted him.

“Why are you telling me this? I'm not the one you should apologize to.” She pointed at the door. “Just go in and apologize to her...Right now, you're the one she wants to see the most...although I don't think it's a good thing, she really needs you...”

Somehow Kyuhyun felt a little offended by her last sentence.

“Why should this be that bad?...I mean...sometimes we fight but we also make up again. And I would never want to hurt her. If you worry about that, I can reassure you. All I want for Sooyoung is...”

Again the girl interrupted him and gave him an icy glare.

“I don't care what you want or how often you have a fight. As long as she can still smile when she talks about you, I don't care. But what I mean is...Aren't you forgetting something that is called girlfriend? What does she think about you taking care of her sister? And did you ever mentioned in front of Youngie that you're dating her sister?

“Her...sister?”

Kyuhyun looked at her with an clueless expression. What did she mean with girlfriend and sister? Who was that girl talking about? Or did she just mistook him with someone else?

“Seohyun-shi. Sooyoung's sister. Or didn't you even know that they are siblings?”

“Oh yeah...Seohyun...I know that they are stepsisters...but where did you get the idea that I'm dating her? We're just acquaintances....”

“Oh really?” She raised an eyebrow. “And do you always buy a bouquet and pick up your acquaintances from school?”

“How did you...?”

“You know...We're going to the same school. And you're car isn't really unremarkable, you know?”

“You saw us?”

“It wasn't easy to overlook you since there's rarely someone coming with such a fancy car to pick up a girl from our school Especially if this girl is Choi Seohyun, our school's most innocent and shy girl.”

Kyuhyun watched the girl's expression change every time she talked about something else, amazed how much her mimic could tell about her feelings towards some people.

“Could...it be that you don't like Seohyun?”

Immediately her eyes widened.

“What are you talking? She's my best friend's sister. Why shouldn't I like her?”

He shrugged his shoulders.

“I mean...maybe I misinterpret it...but you didn't look that happy when you talked about her. When you mentioned Sooyoung, your eyes became really soft and you smiled, but when you talked about Seohyun...you looked like this.”

Kyuhyun tried to imitate her mimic, but in the end he just made a grimace. At first the girl just watched him speechless, but soon her eyes filled up with energy and she glared at him again.

“YA! I don't look like that! Do you want me to land you one in the face again?”

“Ah, no, please don't hit me again. It still hurts where you hit me”, he grinned at her and jokingly moved back 'in fear' when she came a step closer to him with her fist held high. He kept grinning at her until slowly the corners of raised a little.

“By the way...Can I know the name of the girl who hit me just to protect her friend?”

Although he thought that he had eased the mood between them, the girl went back to glaring at him, her eyes were cold as ice and he already got goosebumps when suddenly she shyly smiled at him.

“I'm Jessica....And sorry for hitting you...”

“Wow...you can also be like this? Chincha...I thought that you were going to kill me just by staring at me.”, he laughed.

“Don't overstretch my friendliness, unless you don't want to live any longer.”

“Okay...I was just joking” Kyuhyun held up his hands in front of him. “...And I'm Cho Kyuhyun.”

“Hm...Kyuhyun-shi...” The girl nodded when repeating his name. Her face turned serious when she looked at him. “Please take good care of Youngie.”

Kyuhyun smiled at her and already wanted to pat her shoulder but in the end he didn't do it.

“Don't worry...I'll try ma best not to make her cry again.”

“Yeah...” Jessica turned to the door and stared at it. “Sooyoung...She has changed a lot since the accident...She didn't trust anyone, so I was quite surprised that you could approach her that fast. Even to us, her best friends, she was really cold in the beginning and she wouldn't talk to us like she used to. It's like, since Won-oppa passed away, she also concealed all her emotions and thoughts. She was just like a living doll, always with empty eyes.” The girl sighted and for a short moment he could see all the pain and worry she was going through, but then Jessica smiled at him. “But fortunately you came to her life. Although she still can't show her feelings, you're a really important person in her life. Thanks to you she slowly goes back to her normal self, so please don't leave her side even if she tells you to.”

“...You all seem to care a lot for her....”

“Of course we do.” Her face brightened up. “Sooyoung was one of my first friends. She's our lovable Shikshin, our cute and cheerful princess, our NaSoo, our dorky but still y dancer...She's just simply a very important person to us, so please don't hurt her....or else you'll regret it.”

“I promise, I'll take good care of her, so don't worry. I will make her smile again, turn her to the person she was. Just leave it all to me.”

Jessica smiled at him and pointed at the door again.

“Then you should start with apologizing to her, shouldn't you? I'll have to go now, but first of all go in and talk to her.”

Again her smile became dangerous, so Kyuhyun just laughed nervously and turned to the door. He took on last look at Jessica who was still standing there, smiling at him mischievously, before he took a deep breath and knocked at the door.

Uhm...Sooyoung...It's me...Can I come in?”

No answer. He already wanted to leave but Jessica was right behind him, so he sighted.

Sooyoung...if you don't answer I'll just come in...I'll count until three and then I'll enter. One...two...three...I'll come in now.”

Kyuhyun slowly pushed down the door knob and opened the door. He only felt a light tap on his shoulder before he went in and closed the door behind his back.

 

 

 

So...finally updated this fic...right now it's really exhausting to keep 3 stories ongoing, so it always takes me so long to finish a chapter...but I will try my best to make every single story as good as possible, so please also support my other stories “You're My Star” and “Let Me Hear Your Voice”. In my opinion they aren't that bad and I personally really like the story “Let Me Hear Your Voice” as it's really refreshing and easy for me to write it.

:3