Step 1

Step by Step to Heaven [On Hold]

 

So...first chapter >.<

Like in You're my Star (my first fanfic) I'm going to write Kyu's thoughts in blue, Soo's in red and Seo's in green

 

 

 

”Don't come nearer or I'm really jumping!”, the girl shouted and latched onto the railing. She was crying very hard and it surprised him that she was able to see that he was trying to approach her. Kyuhyun sighted.

“Alright...I will stay here...”

Geez...what am I doing here? I should be out with my friends instead of standing on top of the hospital's roof and arguing with a crazy girl! Why did I go onto the roof after the visit? I should have went straight to the bar...

He looked at the girl. Her long dark brown hair was all messed up because of the heavy wind and covered her face, but he didn't even have to look at her face to know he she was. Well...he didn't know her personally, but he had seen her so many times in the hospital. Whenever he visited his little sister he passed by her room. The door was always opened so he always saw her sitting there on her bed, staring out of the window....well...staring was good...she had a head bandage which even went over her eyes. Most of the time he had only seen her backside, but once she was sitting with her face to the door. He remembered that back then he thought that she really has a cute face, even when he couldn't see her eyes. But sitting there and not even moving an inch, she seemed more like a doll than a human.

Aish...why am I thinking about stuff like that? I have to find a way to prevent her from committing suicide....

He looked at her again. This girl was shaking really hard and held on tightly to the railing.

“Hey...no matter what happened, I think there will be always a ways out, so please stop...”, he tried to seduce her but she just shook her head.

“You don't know anything. Really. Just shut up and let me in peace!”, she yelled.

“But if you die there will be many people getting sad. I'm sure nobody wants you...”, he tried again but suddenly she started laughing.

“There won't be anybody, so don't worry about others and just get lost!”

The girl slowly turned around and looked down. Kyuhyun took that chance and went a few steps towards her. Still there was a distance of about 10 meters between the, but he didn't dare to come nearer, just in case that she might turn around again. The girl sighted. Right before she was really hysteric but now her voice was really cool.

“Really, I want to die. There's nothing in this world I want to live for....Just let me die. Please, just go away and don't care about me...”

“Hey, calm down. I don't know what exactly happened but I'm sure you're in a difficult situation right now. But you know what? There's always a light at the end of a tunnel. Just wait and see. I'm pretty sure things will be alright again”

Cho Kyuhyun, what are you blabbering? You yourself don't even believe in such sayings, so why should this girl? Geez, think of something else, this nonsense won't help you that much!

While he was thinking to himself, the girl already lifted herself onto the railing and was now sitting there.

“Ya! Don't do this! If you jump right now, everything will be over and you won't get a chance to be happy again!”

“Why can't you understand it?”, she began shouting again, turning her head towards him. For the first time Kyuhyun was able to see her eyes, darker than black and full of pain and still begging that someone might help her. He was sure that he'd never forget these eyes again.

“Why can't anyone understand it? I can't go on living happily and pretending like nothing had happened. It's the only way to get out of this pain, so please, just let me do this!”

“But still there's a part of you wants to live on. You're more afraid of the death than of the pain. And that's the reason why you still hold on tightly onto the railing, so stop doing something stupid like that and come here!”

The girl shook her head.

“Ani! It's not like that! Just shut up! You don't know anything about me but still you pretend to understand me! Go! Go away and just...”

Suddenly her voice cracked and she began coughing and automatically covered with one hand while she pressed her other hand against her chest.

“Don't.....look at me...I don't need.....your pity...”

Kyuhyun didn't understand at first but then he saw it. Blood was running down her hands and she also had tears in her eyes.

“Hey, are you ok? Shall I call a doctor?”

“I said you should go! I don't need...”, she began screaming but again she began coughing really hard. But not only her condition worried him, also the railing was shaking really hard. He slowly stepped up to her, but then it happened. In midst of her coughing fit, the girl lost her balance and looked at him with a shocked expression on her face. Time went on normally, but for Kyuhyun everything seemed to happen in slow-motion: The girls screaming and looking at him with her eyes full of fear, slipping down the railing. Himself, running towards her, shouting that she should hold onto the railing. He saw her grabbing the railing but because of the blood that was still on her hand she slowly slipped away.

“Hold on! I'll be right there!”

Finally he reached the railing and grabbed her hand. The blood made it difficult to keep hold on her, but slowly he lifted her up and pulled her onto the rooftop.

“Hey, are you ok?”, Kyuhyun asked after he took some time to catch his breath, but she didn't answer. The girl was just sitting on the floor, staring at the ground, not even moving an inch. Kyuhyun sighted.

“...Ok, just stay here. I'll be right back”, he said and turned around. The girl kept quiet and he wasn't even sure if she had heard him. But at least it didn't seem like she would try to commit suicide again. However, he hurried down the stairway and ran to the vending machine in the entrance hall.

Aish...I don't know what she likes to drink...orange juice?...but isn't a warm tea better in such a situation? It was really windy up there....I think I'll take a tea...

After he bought the tea, he went to the lift, which was probably faster than taking the stair. As he waited for the lift to come, a cart with bed clothes and blankets came across. The nurse stopped in front of a door and knocked, so he took the chance and grabbed a blanket. Luckily the nurse didn't turn around before he entered the lift.

When he went up the last stairs to the rooftop, he could saw her still sitting there at the same spot where he left her. He was glad that she didn't try to kill herself again, but at the same time he was worried over her actual condition.

“Hey...I won't ask you why you did that...but you should drink this...”, he said when he approached her. But like before she didn't respond to him. Kyuhyun sighted again, but he knelt down in front of her and put the blanket around her.

“You don't have to talk to me, but you should take care of your health too, so please drink this. It...”

He said but stopped, when he noticed that she was shaking.

“Is it still too cold? Wait here, I'll go and get another blanket.”

Kyuhyun wanted to stand up but suddenly the girl grabbed his hand.

“Why?” Her voice was only a whisper. “Why are you doing all this for me?”

She didn’t look up, but he could see the tears running down her cheeks and dripping onto the ground. Kyuhyun didn't know what to answer so he just hugged her.

He really didn't know why he did all this for this girl. Because he pitied her? Maybe. Because he didn't want to be accused of not preventing someone from committing suicide? Partial. But as longer as he thought about her question he came to the point that it were her eyes. These dark orbs, like a deep lake where you couldn't even see the ground, they were the same. No matter how much he tried to figure out what she was thinking by looking into her eyes, like he did with other girls, he couldn't.

He was still in his thoughts when the girl suddenly tapped his shoulder.

“...you can let go of me now...People might misunderstand this when they see....”

“Oh, sorry....I didn't think about this...”, Kyuhyun said while blushing and let go of her.

The girl chuckled when she saw this, but immediately covered and stopped.

“Sorry....I didn't want to laugh at you....”, she mumbled and looked down.

“Ah no, it's ok, I'm not mad at you “, Kyuhyun answered with a smile. “Because I was able to see you smiling. You're really pretty when you're smiling. It suits you very well.”

“Ah, no...don't say something like that....” she mumbled and tried to hide her blushing face behind her hands. Seeing her like that made him smile even more.

Wow...she's really cute.......I wonder what happened that turned her into that....but if I ask her now...this might be not too good......well...I should be happy that she seems a little better now.....but somehow...I want to see her smile more often...

“Hey...you should drink up the tea...I went down all the way just to buy it for you and you haven't even taken one sip yet. You should be happy that a good looking guy like me did this for you”, he tried to .

“Bwoh? Good looking? Guess you've never seen a mirror”, she answered back but again she covered . “Sorry...I didn't mean it...”

“Haha, I know. But hurry up, it's getting cold here”, he said and winked at her.

Again she blushed and tried to hide it with the paper cup, while she was drinking the tea.

“Urgh...didn't you put sugar in the tea? It's really bitter....”, she said while making a grimace.

“Ah sorry...I was in such a hurry and forgot to...”, he answered and scratched his head.

“...It's ok...I'll drink it up...”, she said after looking at him for a while.

“No you don't...”, Kyuhyun began but the girl was already drinking up the whole tea.

She's really different from all the girls I have ever met....

After she finished she tried to smile but somehow failed. “It wasn't this bad.....well......actually it was even worse...”, she said and made a grimace again.

“Well, at least you're ok now”, he chuckled and stood up, “so I think you should go back to your room now....”

“Mmh...”, the girl answered and tried to stand up. But her legs were just too weak so she didn't manage it. She tried again and just ignored Kyuhyun's hand that he was offering to help her, but again her legs didn't want to do what she told them to. Kyuhyun watched her for a while but then he lost his patience.

“You're really stubborn...but sometimes it's better to let other people help you!”, he said and put his one arm under her's and the other one under her legs. Like this he lifted her up to carry her.

“You don't have to do this....”, the girl said and blushed. “Really....I can go by myself...”

“Nah, it's better like this, believe me”, he answered with a smile and went down the stairs.

Wow...she's really light...she's so tall, but her whole body seems so fragile....

The whole way down to the lifts they both kept silent.

“Oh...I haven't asked you what your name is. Ah...and I'm Cho Kyuhyun”, Kyuhyun began to make some conversation, but the girl didn't answer anything. Surprised by that, he looked down, only to stare at her sleeping face. He chuckled.

“Sleep well, princess.”

 

 

 

Ok...so this is the first chapter of my new story....

Thank you for reading, and if you liked the story, please subscribe and comment

kamsa hamnida :3