High School and Drifting Apart...

You Promise Me...

So you guys are probably like 'THIS IS WHEN SUNGJONG TURNS INTO A JERK!' Slow down guys, let's just go to the flashback before highschool started. This is when he was still that same old Sungjong, protecting me like he promise. I swear sometimes he acts like a bodyguard. Anyway, flashback!

 

 

*Flashback*

 

 

It was a couple of days before highschool starts and Sungjong came over to your house to tell you what to stay away from. You didn't understand why he would give you tips because this would be his first time going to highschool too. But you just let it slide since he was your oppa and he knows everything, well according to him.

 

 

"Okay Soo-Soo ah!" he said. "I'll tell you what to stay away from on the first day of school!"
"Um..ne oppa." you looked at him confused.
"Oh come on Soo-Soo ah!" he said shaking you. "How can you be confuse already when I haven't started!"
"Yah, I'm not confuse!" you said slapping his hand so he can stop shaking you. "How do you know what to stay away from on the first day of school, huh? Your the same age as me!"
"Tsk, tsk, don't underestimate me Soo-Soo ah." wagging his finger. "Some people that I know goes to the same school that we are going in a couple of days and they gave me some warnings."
"Oh...yeah.." you pouted.
Sungjong noticed you pouting. "Soo-Soo ah~ don't pout! You still need to know who to stay away from!"
"Okay, okay." you smiled. "Who do I have to stay away from?"
"You have to stay away from the Queenka's of the school." he said in a warning tone. "But mostly stay away from Lee, Linsey."
"Eh? Lee, Linsey?" you tilted your head. "But she doesn't sound like danger?"
"I don't care Soo-Soo ah." he said grabbing your hands. "Just promise me that you will stay away from HER, she is nothing but trouble!"
"Okay Jongie oppa!" you held your pinky up.
"Aigoo Soo-Soo ah, you will never forget our secret promise shake (a/n you what I am talking about right? lol), will you Soo-Soo ah?" he interlock his pinky with yours and kissed your forehead.
"Oh oppa promise me one more thing.." you said looking at him.
"What is it?"
"Never forget me, ne?" you smiled.
"Soo-Soo ah!" he whined. "I will never EVER forget YOU, okay?"

 

 

You just nodded and smile that he still haven't forgotten the promise. The promise meant so much to you even Sungjong thinks the promise meant so much to him. Both of you guys secretly promise that no one would break you guys apart. Funny isn't it? Little did they know that they were growing feelings for each other, but was scared to admit that they like each other. As you can see they didn't want to ruin their friendship by making it awkward or even worse, breaking up with each other and never want to talk to each other ever again. Both of you guys looked at each other and Sungjong started to talk about there were kingka's, but they were nice unlike Linsey's group, their group names are INFINITE.

 

 

"Just like me, they didn't mean to be popular, it just happen." said Sungjong.
"Really Jongie oppa?"
"Yeah, only reason they are popular because they are good looking, good at sports, and smart." holding three fingers infront of your face.
"Oppa don't shove your fingers infront of my face." you laughed as you pushed his fingers away from your face.
He pouted. "Soo-Soo ah I'm serious here."
"I know Jongie oppa, lets just see if they are actually nice, ne?"
"Ok Soo-Soo ah, make sure you won't fall in love with them!"
You laughed at his childness. "Jongie oppa, your only in my heart!"

 

 

You stopped laughing after realizing what you just said and started to blush like crazy. You looked down so Sungjong wouldn't noticed you turning red. Little did you know that Sungjong was blushing like crazy too and looked away so he can calm down his heart. "Did I/she really said that?!" they both thought. To break the awkward silence, Sooyun's appa came in with snacks.

 

 

"Here are your snacks kids!" said Sooyun's appa.
"Appa we aren't kids anymore!" you whined.
"Well you are acting like one." muttered appa.
"What did you say appa?"
"Nothing! Bye!" he left before you could say anything to him.

 

 

You and Sungjong laughed at how your appa was acting. You grabbed a cookie and started to nibble on it, while Sungjong took a cup that was filled up with water and started to drink it. It wasn't like an awkward silence like before but it was a peaceful silence. Before you knew, your eyes was getting heavy and fell asleep. Sungjong was still drinking his water when he felt something on his shoulder and smile at your sleeping face. He put down his cup and carried you towards your bed. He was about to put you down but you started to talk in your sleep, which was normal since he used to sleep over when they were young and you would sometimes talk in your sleep. But the way you spoke, you were sad.

 

 

"Jongie oppa...please don't go...don't forget our promise..." you said as a tear escape your eye.
"I won't leave you Soo-Soo ah...I promise..." he kissed the tears that was falling and laid you on your bed.

 

 

He gave you a tight but warm hug until you stopped crying. He let go of his hug and kissed you on your forehead. Sungjong smiled when he saw you smiling in your sleep when he gave you a kiss. Sungjong whispered goodnight and left your house, but he didn't forget to say goodbye to your appa before he left.

 

 

*End of Flashback*

 

 

Pretty sweet what Sungjong oppa did right? Honestly, I didn't know that he did that when I was sleeping! Anyway there's another flashback, it was when we started high school and met INFINITE. And also when we met...her...Anyway! lets get this flashback going!

_________________________________________________________

 

*Flashback*

 

-First Day of Highschool-

 

 

You walked out of your house and saw Sungjong running towards you. You tilted your head wondering why Sungjong was running towards you, you weren't late or anything it was only 7 AM and the gates close at 8 AM. You were about to yell Sungjong's name until he grabbed your wrist while running.

 

 

"O-oppa! Why are you running?!" you yelled.
"B-because my aunt is staying the whole week a-and she wants m-me to t-try on g-girl c-clothes!" he said.
"J-jongie oppa! Stop running!" you yelled again.
"Wae!?"
"Because we are almost close to the gates!"
"BWOH?!" he stopped running without warning you, which cause you bumping into him.
"Ow...ow...ow" you whimpered.
"Omo! Soo-Soo ah are you ok?" he said as he was looking at you checking if you got hurt anywhere.
"Ne, just bumped into your boney back!" you said smiling.
"Aigoo, you are so weird." he said laughing.

 

 

You pouted when he called you weird. Sungjong noticed your pouting and grabbed your hand while giving you a heart warming smile. You couldn't help to smile either and you let him lead you to the classroom, which he has the same schedule as you. Sungjong lead you to the back of the class where the desk that was right next to the window was there. Once you guys sat down, a couple of girls entered the classroom and saw Sungjong. Many people in the class stopped talking and started to whisper when the group of girls came in. They completely ignored the whispers and strutted up to your guys desk and started to talk to Sungjong.

 

 

"Yah, you Lee Sungjong." said the girl.
"Yeah, what do you want?"
"I'm Lee, Linsey." when she said that everyone in the classroom froze even Sungjong. "As you know I'M the Queenka of this school and I want you to be mine." she smiled seductivley.
"Um, I'm sorry but I don't go out with your kind."
Linsey scoff. "Oh really? Well I'll make you regret ever rejecting me." she touched Sungjong's cheek and looked at you and smirked. "I'll make him mine."

 

 

After that she left while her 'followers' followed her, you were shock what Linsey did right now. "She's going to make Sungjong forget me?" you thought. Sungjong looked at you and saw that you were about to cry. He touch your cheek and you looked at him with THE MOST SAD EYES EVER.

 

 

"Soo-Soo ah...I won't leave you, EVER." he kissed your forehead and handed you a lemon candy.
"Really Jongie oppa?" you started to laugh and took the lemon candy.
"When you have a lot of thougths, have a lemon candy!" he smiled.
"
Oppa you never fail to make me smile." as you put the lemon candy in your mouth.

 

 

All Sungjong did was smile at you as you were eating the lemon candy that he gave you. "Soo-Soo ah, no matter what happens...remember that I will always love you...and I will never forget you...even if I am forced too...I won't forget that smile that you would always bring out..." he thought. You looked up and saw that Sungjong had a sad expression on his face, you touched his cheek and reassure him that you are okay.

 

 

-Lunch Time!-

 

 

You and Sungjong exited out of math class to go to the lunch room. Once you guys entered, everyone stared at both of you guys and started to whisper about what happened in the morning with Linsey.

 

 

"I can't believe he rejected her...but I can't blame him, I mean that girl right next to him is pretty."
"I'm sorta glad that he rejected her."
"Her hair color is like Sunggyu oppa.."
"Only INFINITE rejected Linsey and now that kid rejected her, amazing."
"Looks like INFINTIE is going to ask him to join them.

 

 

After a couple of people mentioned INFINITE, six handsome men entered the lunchroom and all of the girls started to scream. The handsome men ignored them and went straight towards you and Sungjong. Sungjong instinctly pulled you behind him so they wouldn't hurt him, or thats what he thought. The men stopped infront of you guys and the guy with honey-colored hair walked towards Sungjong.

 

 

"So your the kid that rejected that ." said the honey-colored hair guy.
"Uh..yeah?"
"Do you want to join INFINITE?" he asked.
"No, unless Soo-Soo ah can join with you guys too, then I'm fine with it."
"Soo-Soo ah?" the guy raised one of his eyebrows.
You face palm yourself and went beside Sungjong. "Um..I'm Soo-"
"I meant she's Sooyun, sorry it's her nickname that I gave her." Sungjong interrupted you. "Anyway, you haven't introduced yourself."
"Oh! I'm sorry for being rude, I'm Kim, Sunggyu."
"Sungjong. Lee, Sungjong and she's Kim, Sooyun." Sungjong pointed at you.

 

 

Sunggyu was shocked that you were actually a Kim with honey-colored hair. "It's you...YOUR MY LONG-LOST SISTER!" Sunggyu thought. Sunggyu completely regained self-control and put on his pokerface expression. Sungjong was shocked that this was Kim, Sunggyu, the guy that has natural honey-colored hair like Sooyun. You were mostly shocked that Sunggyu somewhat looks like you but in male form, but you pushed it aside and thought it wasn't a big deal.

 

 

"So if I let Sooyun join...then you'll join too?" asked Sunggyu.
"Of course, me and Soo-Soo ah are like a package deal." he said as he but his arm on your shoulder.
"Okay."
"BWOH!?" said the five members.
"We never had a female in INFINTIE before." said the tallest member.
"If you guys don't want her in INFINITE, fine." said Sunggyu.
"Thats not what he meant Sunggyu hyung." said the one with blond hair. "We are just shock thats all."
"Okay, good." said Sunggyu as he nodded. "Lets take you to our table."

 

 

Sunggyu and the rest of the members followed him, while you and Sungjong just trailed behind with people staring at you. Once the sat at INFINTIE's table,the rest of the members introduced themselves: the blond one was Dongwoo, the one with messy hair was Woohyun, the one that has an intense stare was Hoya, the tallest one was Sungyeol, and the one that has no expression on his face was Myungsoo or L. Dongwoo broke the ice with some jokes and everyone started to laugh, which made you and Sungjong talk more. INFINTIE, you and Sungjong didn't even felt someone watching you from afar. You probably guess right, Linsey was watching INFINITE and Sungjong, but mostly you. She was determine to break you and Sungjong apart no matter what.

 

 

*End of Flashback*

 

 

So you guys saw Lee, Linsey, right? Man I hate her! She was the reason why Jongie oppa and I was drifting away. Anyway another flashback is coming up and thats when...yup you guys guessed it. When Sungjong started to drifted away from me. Let's the flashback...begin...

 

 

____________________________________________________

 

 

*Flashback*

 

 

Ever since that encounter with Linsey, she has been bothering Sungjong non-stop and he was getting pissed. Never in his life was he this annoyed and irritated of a girl. She tried doing fake aeygo, which she at, and she tried to seduce him SO MANY TIMES. Sungjong always ignored her, but one day he didn't ignored her...he actually went along what she was doing.

 

 

"Sungjong~" she said seductively. "Let's ditch school."
"Okay."
"O-oppa? Your ditching school? For her?" you asked.
"Yeah so what?" he turned to you with THE most expressionless face ever. "Just tell me what we did to school, later."

 

 

You saw Sungjong and Linsey walked away, Linsey grabbed Sungjong's arm and turned to look at you. She started to smirk, oh how much you hated that smirk on her face. You just wanted to jump her and beat her up, but you know that it wouldn't work. These past few months, Sungjong stopped hanging out with you and INFINITE. He is always hanging out with Linsey, which made you stop hanging out with INFINITE because Sungjong would be there with..ugh..HER. So you always go to the library and read or do your homework. INFINITE started to get worried because one: Sungjong is bringing that to their table and two: You haven't been to their table for MONTHS. Surprisingly, Hoya offered to look for Sooyun. So, he lefted the table and started to look for you. He finally went to the library and saw you reading. He walked up to you and tapped your head. You looked up and was surprise that Hoya was infront of you.

 

 

"Hoya oppa." said in a surprise voice. "What are you doing here?"
"Looking for you." he said.
"Well, here I am" you laughed nervously.

 

 

It's been months since you last talked to INFINTIE so everything is kinda awkward at the moment. Hoya was kinda getting awkward too, he honestly didn't know why he offered to look for you. He wasn't sure if he was falling for you or not. To break the awkward silence, Hoya spoke up again.

 

 

"So, why haven't you been eating at INFINTIE table?" he asked. "Did we do anything wrong?"
"Ani, I just wanted to be alone thats all." you smiled.
Hoya knew there was something behind that smile, it was pure sadness. "You can talk about your problems with me. I won't tell anyone. I won't even tell Sunggyu were you are at."
"Um...well okay, if your that determine to listen." you said in a unsure voice.

 

 

Hoya just nodded and listened to your story about Sungjong drifting apart from you. You told him about the promise that you and Sungjong made when you were six years old. You also mentioned Linsey and how she is taking Sungjong away from. You told him that he changed, like he would always give you an expressionless face. "I miss him...I miss my Jongie oppa...you are so near...but yet so far away now..." you thought as you fought back your tears. You also told Hoya that it feels like Sungjong is drifting away from you. When you finished on what you had on your mind, tears started to fall down. Hoya wiped away the tears on your face with his thumb and pulled out his handkerchief. He place his handkerchief on your hand and you started to wipe off your tears.

 

 

"I think you should tell him what has been on your mind." Hoya suddenly spoke.
"Y-you think so?" you sniffed.
"Yeah, tell him that it feels like you guys are drifting away." he looked at you. "You should also stop crying, you look pretty when you smile."
You started to blush. "Thank you Hoya oppa."
"Also, I think he would finally open his eyes that he is hurting you."

 

 

After that he left the library and went back to the lunch room. INFINITE was asking him question after question about where was Sooyun, how was she doing, or was she hurt. But Hoya just ignored them and glared at Sungjong, Sungjong felt Hoya's glare and shivered. "I don't know what happen Sungjong, but you are hurting Sooyun to the point that she is crying." Hoya thought. "I'm sorry Sooyun...I didn't want our highschool to be like this...I wanted to be with you...not this holding onto me...I want you to hold on to me...I don't want this..." Sungjong thought. "Man, I never thought getting Sungjong was THIS hard, haha little threats here and there and BAM Sungjong is mine...ALL MINE." Linsey thought as she smirked.

 

 

*End of Flashback*
 

 

I am going to gather my courage and going to confront Sungjong. I just hope that...that...excuse my language isn't around Sungjong. I just want to open his eyes and see that we are drifting apart, even if he doesn't care, as long as he remembers our promise, I'll be happy. Sungjong oppa, I don't know what happen to you...but please open your eyes and see that...that thing doesn't love you! She just wants to do it with you...please oppa once I talk to you...please be that heart warming boy that I fell in love with. Please...

 

 

______________________________________________________

 

Dang! What the heck is going on!? Sunggyu found his sister! Hoya might like Sooyun?! Linsey is a ! Ok um please don't hate the person Linsey, you see I was talking to my friend on facebook and she wanted to be the mean girl, haha she's weird... oh gosh she's going to read this >.> SORRY! LOVES YOU!  haha anyway well i guess you guys can hate the character Linsey not the real linsey HHAHAHHA oh goodness I am talking nonsense! I'll shut up now XD oh and next chapter, I think you can already guess on it haha OK NOW I'M GOING TO SHUT UP NOW :D

 

Much Love,

Pikachu-chan