(\_/)

Lonely No More
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

The next morning, Jin woke up and smiled when he saw the sleeping bunny in his arms. He did end up hugging Jungkook, but the latter didn't seem to mind as he continued to sleep soundly. Jin nuzzled the side of the bunny's head as he closed his eyes for a moment, taking his time to fully take this in. Everyday had been the same for Jin since he started living on his own and once in a while, things would get pretty lonely around here. Sure, he had Namjoon and Jimin to keep him company sometimes, but there was always this void he felt whenever the two would leave.
 

But now that Jungkook appeared in his life, Jin's days didn't feel so lonely anymore. Seeing the bunny smile and looking after him gave Jin a sense of purpose and the void he had been feeling was completely gone. He knows it's going to take time for Jungkook to be fully adjusted here, but the way he was sleeping in Jin's arms right now made the latter think it would all be worth it. Feeling slight movement, Jin pretended to still be asleep and forced himself to keep a relaxed expression when he heard Jungkook quietly yawn. He then felt a light tickling sensation underneath his chin as the bunny snuggled closer and smiled a little while giving him a light squeeze.
 

"You're awake, aren't you?" said Jungkook quietly, who had tensed up.
 

Jin gave a soft hum in response and looked down, seeing a light blush on the bunny's cheeks.
 

"Do you want me to back up a bit?" he asked, not wanting to make Jungkook uncomfortable with how close they were.
 

"N-No." came the timid yet quick reply as Jungkook brought up a hand to clutch the front of Jin's shirt, "This is fine."
 

"Are you sure?" asked Jin while softly running his fingers through those dark locks of hair.


Jungkook only nodded this time, his blush deepening as he tried hiding his face in the crook of Jin's neck. The latter smiled at that and chuckled as he continued to play with the bunny's hair. Since he didn't have work until later, they lounged around for a bit and Jungkook ended up falling asleep again due to Jin's soft touch. The latter smoothed back the bunny's fringe and frowned a bit when he saw the light but still there dark circles, thinking he should schedule that appointment right now. Without moving too much, Jin slipped out of bed and made sure Jungkook was warmly tucked in before quietly going to his room to get his phone and call the hybrid doctor.
 

When he was done setting up the appointment, Jin turned to leave and his eyes widened in surprise when he saw an alert Jungkook standing there in the door way.
 

"You startled me." said Jin with a smile as he brought up a hand to his chest.
 

"I-I'm sorry." said Jungkook, his tall ears flattening back against his head while fiddling with the hem of his shirt, "But you weren't next to me a-and I got nervous."
 

Jin's smile turned warm as he walked over and brought up his hands to gently cup Jungkook's face. The latter looked up at him with those naturally big eyes of his and Jin softly brushed his thumbs across Jungkook's cheeks.
 

"I had to make a call, but I left my phone in here." he said, "I was just about to go back."
 

"I didn't even hear you move." said Jungkook, a very light pout on his lips.
 

"That's good! I was trying not to wake you." said Jin with a laugh, making the bunny's pout more visible.
 

"But why?" asked Jungkook, bringing up his hands to hold Jin's wrists, "I wouldn't have minded."
 

Jin merely grinned and leaned in to press a kiss to Jungkook's forehead, making the latter shyly lower his gaze as he blushed with a small smile. Jin chuckled at that and gave Jungkook's cheeks a very light pinch before letting go to hold the bunny's hands in his.
 

"By the way, I made an appointment for you with the hybrid doctor tomorrow." said Jin, then smiled guiltily, "I'm sorry I didn't ask you first, but I wanted to set up a check-up for you as soon as possible."
 

"Check-up?" repeated Jungkook with a tilt of his head, "I haven't had one of those since... Well, it's been a while."
 

Jin noticed the hesitation towards the end and the way the bunny had also averted his gaze somewhat nervously told him he shouldn't fish for answers. So he didn't. Instead, he just smiled and gave Jungkook's hands a light squeeze.
 

"That's okay." said Jin in assurance, "I'll be with you the whole time, so there's nothing to be nervous about."
 

Jungkook looked up at him and when he saw that kind smile, his shoulders relaxed as he shyly nodded with a small smile of his own. But then a worried look appeared on his face.
 

"I won't get a shot, will I?" he asked, "Since I was living on the streets, t-they might think I have rabies or something."
 

"I honestly don't know, bunny." said Jin with a thoughtful furrow of his brows.
 

Jungkook made a small sound of distress before stepping up to bury his face in the crook of Jin's neck, the latter naturally wrapping his arms around the smaller frame. Jin felt how the bunny was lightly trembling and nuzzled the side of his head, assuring him everything was going to be okay.
 

"I'm going to be right there with you, remember?" said Jin while gently rubbing Jungkook's back, "If you do need a shot, then I'll hold your hand until it's over."
 

"I want a hug like this instead." said the bunny quietly as he burrowed deeper into the crook of Jin's neck, "I-It calms me down better."
 

"A hug it is, then." agreed Jin right away, smiling as he held Jungkook closer.


+++++++++++++++


Jin's shift at the grocery store had gone smoothly and it was almost time for him to go home, he looked over his shoulder after finishing stocking some sodas and smiled in

Please log in to read the full chapter