(\_/)

Lonely No More
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

It had been ten full minutes since they arrived to Jin's apartment and Jungkook had yet to come out of his room. He knew he was being waited on, but he just couldn't bring himself to step out. Not with an unknown dog hybrid out there. The whole walk here, Jungkook could feel Taehyung's unwavering stare and it had made him really uneasy. The bunny was currently sitting on the floor with his leaves spread out around him and was in the process of cutting out a leaf-shaped paper.
 

But a light knocking on his door made him jump a mile high and drop his scissors as he looked at the door with wide eyes.
 

"Jungkook?" called a gentle voice, but it wasn't Jin's.
 

The bunny recognized it as Hoseok's voice, but he didn't make a move to get up; he didn't trust this new human.
 

"Where's Jin?" asked Jungkook, glad his voice didn't show how nervous he was feeling at the moment.
 

"In the kitchen with Taehyung." replied Hoseok, his own tone cheerful, "They're making hot chocolate with marshmallows. Do you want to join us or do you want it brought to you?"
 

Jungkook looked away from the door and down at his leaves, he picked up his scissors and started cutting the paper again. Part of him wanted to go out and be with Jin, but the other part reminded him that Taehyung was still out there. And if he wanted his hot chocolate to be brought into his room, who would bring it?
 

"Jungkook?" called Hoseok again, sounding a bit concerned at the lack of answer.
 

The bunny blinked and noticed he had cut out a few paper leaves instead of answering the human outside his door. Was he that into his thoughts? He opened his mouth to answer, but closed it again and frowned a bit when he realized he still didn't have one. Would it be okay if he came out and joined them? Jin was there, after all, and he had promised that Taehyung was a nice dog hybrid.
 

"Bunny?" called that familiar voice, making Jungkook blink out of his thoughts again.
 

He looked at the door again and slowly got to his feet, letting his scissors and current piece of paper drop to the floor. He then just stood there staring at the closed door while fiddling with the hem of his sweater, his tall ears straight up in alert.
 

"It's just me, bunny, Hoseok went into the kitchen." said Jin gently, "Can you open the door, please?"
 

Jungkook didn't hesitate to comply, he opened the door and looked up at Jin who smiled warmly at him. There was a funny feeling in his chest the moment their eyes met and he felt his face warming up for some reason.
 

"Are you okay?" asked Jin and even though he was smiling, there was concern in his eyes, "Hoseok got worried because you didn't answer for a while."
 

"I didn't know how to answer him." replied Jungkook quietly, then lowered his gaze as started fiddling with the hem of his sweater again, "I-I know he's your friend, but... I don't know..."
 

"You don't trust him yet?" guessed Jin, his tone understanding, then chuckled when the bunny hesitantly nodded, "It's alright, he's aware of that and doesn't take it personally."
 

Jungkook looked up at Jin uncertainly, but smiled shyly when the human reached out to softly pet his hair. Jin then opened his arms invitingly and the bunny didn't hesitate to step into them, his own wrapping around the human's waist. Jungkook felt that funny feeling in his chest again when Jin softly kissed the side of his head while giving him a light squeeze.
 

"Come on, the hot chocolate's ready." said Jin as he pulled away and smiled that warm smile again.
 

They stepped into the kitchen and Jungkook right away tensed up when Taehyung, who was sitting at the table, looked his way. But he relaxed a little when Jin wrapped an assuring arm around him and guided him to a chair across from the other two.
 

"This one's yours." said Hoseok with his friendly smile as he carefully slid over a red mug.
 

"Thank you." said Jungkook without looking at the human, his voice quiet and shy as he wrapped his hands around the warm mug.
 

He then softly blew at the hot drink before leaning in to take a careful sip, then felt something lightly poking the back of his hand. Jungkook looked over and saw it was the corner of a marshmallow bag, making him raise his gaze cautiously and see it was Taehyung who was offering them. The pup grinned brightly at the bunny's attention and his tail began to slowly wag.
 

"Do you like marshmallows?" asked Taehyung, sounding nothing but cheerful.
 

Jungkook blinked in surprise, not expecting the pup to actually be friendly, then hesitantly nodded. That made Taehyung brighten up even more and he slid the bag towards himself so he could tear it open. Jungkook watched as some marshmallows rolled all over the table top and neither Jin nor Hoseok seemed to be mad at the mess. They merely picked up one or two and dunked them into their own mugs as if this happened all the time. Which it probably did.
 

"Here, take as many as you want." said a cheerful Taehyung as he slid the half destroyed bag towards Jungkook again.
 

The latter tentatively reached out and took a marshmallow, he put it into his mug and cautiously looked at Taehyung before looking at the marshmallows and took another. When he had a few in his mug, Jungkook didn't look up as he reached out and lightly nudged the bag towards the pup to let him know he was done. Taehyung was all smiles as he pulled the bag back towards himself and filled his own mug with marshmallows to the point where some hot chocolate spilled. Luckily, there was a small plate beneath the mug to prevent a mess from happening and the bunny looked at his own mug; there was also a small plate beneath it. Jungkook looked back up and saw Hoseok taking the bag from Taehyung, only to have the latter whine all puppy-like... which was kind of cute.
 

"You have enough marshmallows already." said Hoseok with a laugh as he wrapped a hand over Taehyung's grabby one and softly settled it on the table.
 

"I do not." said the pouting pup as he leaned towards the human to get the bag with his free hand.
 

"Jin's going to get mad if you keep making a mess on his table." warned Hoseok with another laugh, still keeping the bag out of reach.
 

"No, he won't. He loves me!" complained Taehyung, then looked over at the human to flash his cute grin, "Right, Jin?"
 

Jungkook also looked at Jin and frowned when the latter chuckled as he nodded without hesitation, not liking that as he narrowed his eyes a bit and looked down at the table. He then picked up a stray marshmallow and didn't think twice before throwing it at Taehyung, the latter letting out a startled sound when it hit him on the forehead. Both Hoseok's and Jin's eyes widened in shock, the latter turning to look at the bunny.
 

"Why did you -?"
 

"My hand slipped." interrupted Jungkook, sounding annoyed while his narrowed eyes remained fixed on the pup.
 

Jin was stunned into silence by being cut off mid sentence and by the tone while Hoseok just looked amused now and Taehyung snapped out of his confused state to look at Jungkook. The latter didn't turn his gaze away, however, even when the pup's eyes also narrowed and he started to lowly growl.
 

"Taehyung, stop that." Hoseok lightly scolded as he put a hand on his pup's head, but the latter just growled louder and looked ready to pounce.
 

Jin was about to reach out and place a hand atop Taehyung's in hopes to calm him down, but Jungkook quickly grabbed it with both hands and held it against his chest. The grip was rather firm and when Jin tried tugging his hand away, the bunny let out a soft growl of his own and tightened his hold while pressing it further against his chest. Jin noticed one of Jungkook bunny ears was facing backward while the other faced forward, which signaled annoyance. Giving Taehyung one last glare, Jungkook brought up Jin's hand and started rubbing the underside of his chin against it.
 

"Aw~ how cute, he's scenting you." cooed Hoseok with a big smile, his words making Taehyung stop growling to look at his human questioningly.
 

The pup then looked at Jungkook, who wasn't even acknowledging him anymore, and curiously tilted his head to the side in a puppy-like manner. Why was the bunny suddenly scenting Jin? His face then lit up in understanding when he realized his previous statement about Jin loving him might h

Please log in to read the full chapter