(\_/)

Lonely No More
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Jin sleepily stepped out of his room the next morning and immediately froze when he heard some bunny-like squeaks coming from Jungkook's room. The hybrid doctor had explained to him that bunny hybrids usually squeak in a shrill manner when they're happy and would squeak a bit deeper when they're upset. Jin stepped closer to the closed door and curiously pressed his ear against it, smiling when the squeaks he heard were shrill. Meaning Jungkook was happy about something. Straightening up, Jin lightly knocked on the door, then gave a startled blink when he heard a rather loud thump against the door before it opened just enough to see Jungkook's face.
 

"Did you just hit yourself on the door?" was the first thing Jin asked, his brows furrowed in concern.
 

"Um, yeah..." replied Jungkook with a small and sheepish smile, "I got a bit tangled up on the sheets and lost my balance."
 

He then did this thing where he closed his eyes as he swished his head quickly to the side, making his bunny ears flap a bit. Jin would have been confused by this had it not been for the hybrid doctor giving him a pamphlet on bunny hybrids. That movement was a half-binky, which also indicated happiness along with playfulness.
 

"You were squeaking just now." started Jin, his expression softening into a smile, "I wanted to make sure you were okay."
 

What he really wanted to know, apart from that, was what was making the bunny so happy.
 

"Oh... y-yeah, I'm okay." said Jungkook, a faint blush appearing on his cheeks as he averted his gaze, then quickly looked back up and worriedly asked, "Was I being too loud? Did I wake you?" 
 

"No, and no." replied Jin with a laugh, "I was already awake and came out of my room when I heard you."
 

Jungkook merely nodded in understanding and just stared at Jin, waiting for him to say something else. Jin, on the other hand, was having this strong urge to hug the bunny close because he was looking so huggable right now. What with those sweet eyes looking up at him, that messy and fluffy dark hair, and the cute way his nose just lightly twitched... It was all truly testing Jin's self-restraint. Before this prolonged silence could turn awkward, Jin cleared his throat and asked Jungkook if he wanted to eat.
 

The bunny right away nodded with an eager expression as he opened the door all the way and stepped out to lightly rub his nose against Jin's shoulder before heading towards the kitchen. Jin stood there for a moment with a silly smile as he touched his shoulder, the gesture was a definite sign of affection and he was ecstatic. He stepped into the kitchen and was not prepared for the adorable sight of Jungkook sitting at the table, slightly slouching as he nibbled on a baby carrot and rubbed his eye. When he lowered his hand and looked at Jin, the angel-like grin that lit up his face made the human weak in the knees.
 

All of this cuteness was way too much this early in the morning and it definitely wasn't fair.
 

Jin quickly got a hold of himself and started making breakfast, lightly humming a random tune as he worked. Halfway through, he felt Jungkook come up beside him and looked over to see the bunny curiously sniffing at what he was making. Chuckling to himself, Jin went back to what he was doing only to look back seconds later at Jungkook when the latter tentatively tugged on his shirt.
 

"What is it, bunny?" asked Jin.
 

Jungkook bashfully looked down as he shyly held out one of his baby carrots, making Jin mentally coo as he took the offered vegetable. He then brought up a hand and lightly scratched at the base of Jungkook's bunny ear. The latter leaned into the touch and a small smile appeared on his face as he tentatively looked up at Jin, who smiled.
 

"Thank you." said Jin before bringing up the baby carrot to his mouth and ate it.
 

The bunny remained by his side after that and when the food was ready and served, he happily dug in. As they ate, Jin could feel Jungkook's arm lightly bump into him now and then due to their close proximity. He discreetly looked beside him and saw Jungkook's cheeks were full of food as he chewed and a few seconds later, he gave this small spasm and his arm bumped Jin again. The latter was curious by this and continued watching the bunny, who was completely oblivious to the sudden attention.
 

Jin saw how Jungkook stuffed his cheeks with food first before taking his time chewing, exactly how a rabbit would stuff lettuce into its mouth first. As he chewed, Jungkook would stare off into space and he absentmindedly reached up to scratch at his bunny ear. Jin looked up at those tall ears and saw one of them was straight up while the other was halfway drooped, a sign the bunny was only half listening to his surroundings. Now that he thought about it, this was the first time he's seen Jungkook's bunny ears this way. The latter looked so relaxed and at ease that it warmed Jin's heart because it showed he was doing his job at taking good care of the bunny and making him feel safe.
 

When Jungkook's cheeks were normal again, he looked down at his plate and pouted a bit when he saw he had finished. Jin couldn't help but chuckle at this, making the bunny look at him with that same expression.
 

"Why are you laughing?" he asked, sounding as sulky as he looked.
 

"You're so cute." cooed Jin as he reached out and lightly pinched Jungkook's cheeks.
 

The latter's pout was replaced with a small smile as he quickly looked away in embarrassment, still shy to compliments. Jin took both their plates and put his own in the sink before going to the stove and refilling Jungkook's. The latter was drinking from his glass when his plate was set in front of him again and his eyes lit up. Setting the glass down, he wasted no time digging in once again. The doctor had told Jin it was okay if Jungkook wanted seconds during meal times since he was a growing bunny and he was the slightest bit underweight.
 

He was also told Jungkook was kind of small for his age, but that should change in time with proper nutrition and exercise. Jin was now even more determined to make sure the bunny was well fed and looked after.


+++++++++

Please log in to read the full chapter