(\_/)

Lonely No More
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Jungkook was nervously tugging at front of the blue and white striped sweater he was wearing, his bottom lip between his teeth as he sat at the kitchen table. Morning had come too soon and while Jin was calmly making breakfast, Jungkook was starting to rethink this whole thing. Would it really be okay to be left alone with a dog hybrid? Canines are usually loud, threatening looking, and just plain scary while Jungkook was the complete opposite of that. He was brought back down to earth when Jin placed a plate with a fluffy looking omelet in front of him, making his mouth water immediately.
 

He completely forgot about his problem as he started eating, a happy look on his face and his cheeks full. Jungkook looked at his glass and his eyes lit up even more when he saw it was filled with apple juice and wasted no time picking it up to drink it. Setting the almost empty glass back down, Jungkook continued to eat and looked towards the stove where Jin was doing some clean-up as he ate his own omelet. The bunny watched him for a bit and smiled when Jin's food-filled cheeks reminded him of a squirrel. Hearing a quiet giggle, Jin turned around in surprise and saw a bright smile on Jungkook's face as the latter quickly averted his gaze to look down at his plate instead.


Finishing the food in his mouth, Jin couldn't seem to take his eyes off the still smiling bunny as he started eating again. His little black tail was flickering from side to side where it poked out from his matching black jeans and his whole demeanor was much calmer than earlier. Jin smiled at that, knowing how worried Jungkook's been about this whole ordeal, and just took in that rare smile from the bunny. When both were done eating, Jungkook shyly asked if he could try washing the dishes and Jin just couldn't refuse. He leaned against the counter and monitored just in case the bunny needed help, but things were going well.
 

When the last plate was put away, Jin went to his room to get his keys and wallet while Jungkook was starting to get nervous again as he unconsciously followed the human.
 

"It'll be okay, bunny." assured Jin with a smile as he put on his name tag, "I left you my number right here by the phone. All you have to do is dial it and I'll answer right away, even if you just want to say hello."
 

Jungkook nodded and gave a startled jump when the doorbell rang, Jin walked over to him and wrapped an arm around his shoulders. They then stepped out into the living room and as Jin continued towards the door, Jungkook stayed behind and apprehensively sat on the edge of the couch. The door opened and Jungkook shrunk back with fearful eyes when two strangers stepped inside, one tall with platinum blonde hair and the other much shorter with orange hair and golden-colored ears. The latter of the two had a big smile on his face as he lunged at Jin, who let out a laugh and was quick to regain his balance as they stumbled back. The hybrid's tail was wagging like crazy and Jungkook's tall bunny ears started to droop at their interaction, feeling something weird in his chest.
 

The platinum blonde merely shook his head with a smile at the orange-haired pup as he looked over and spotted Jungkook, the latter quickly averting his gaze. The trio stepped into the living room and even though there was a friendly vibe coming from the dog hybrid, Jungkook couldn't help but lightly tremble as he fiddled with the hem of his sweater. Jin came over to him and sat down beside him before wrapping a gentle arm around his shoulders.
 

"Jungkook, this right here is Jimin." said Jin with a smile, referring to the pup, "And that over there's my best friend Namjoon."
 

"Nice to meet you, Jungkook." said Namjoon with a kind looking smile.
 

Jungkook shyly averted his gaze when he made accidental eye contact and his face grew warm, earning a chuckle from the blonde human.
 

"H-Hi..." mumbled Jungkook without raising his eyes and huddled a little closer to Jin, who just smiled.
 

He heard rustling and saw out of the corner of his eye as Jimin came closer while taking off his book bag, making him tense up. The other hybrid set it down atop the coffee table and looked hesitant as he sat down on the other end of the couch. Jungkook stayed absolutely still as Jimin started sniffing the air around him, but felt safe because Jin still had an arm around him. The two humans unknowingly held their breaths when Jimin suddenly scooted a little closer while still sniffing. Jungkook timidly raised his head and when he made eye contact with Jimin, the latter smiled and his tail started to wag. Jin quietly breathed out in relief when he saw Jungkook shyly and unsurely smile back at the pup.
 

"You're really cute." said Jimin, his smile growing when a visible blush appeared on Jungkook's face as the latter quickly looked down at his lap.
 

"Aw, don't get shy." cooed Jimin with a laugh.
 

Jungkook did and turned his torso so he could hide his face in the crook of Jin's neck, the latter chuckling as he soothingly rubbed the bunny's arm.


"He really is cute." said Namjoon with a small smile.
 

"More than me?" asked Jimin.
 

Jungkook raised his head and looked at the dog hybrid, seeing a rather cute pout on his face as he looked at the blonde human. Namjoon chuckled as he invitingly opened his arms, making Jimin's face light up with a bright smile as he quickly got up and hugged him.
 

"We should get going if we don't want to be late." said Jin, making Jungkook feel a sinking sensation in his stomach; he wasn't ready for Jin to leave just yet.
 

He heard a soft whine and looked up to see Jimin clinging on tighter to his human, who reached up to scratch behind the pup's ears. Feeling a hand on the back of his own head, Jungkook looked over and saw Jin smiling kindly at him.
 

"I'll be back before you know it, bunny." he softly said, then started to lightly his hair, "Jimin's really sweet and he's probably just as nervous as you are about being here."
 

Jungkook doubted it as he looked at the dog hybrid again, his tail was wagging as his ears were being scratched by Namjoon. The latter then leaned down to press small kisses all over Jimin

Please log in to read the full chapter