(\_/)

Lonely No More
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Jungkook was in his room, which he still felt weird about calling his, looking through all the new clothes Jin had gotten for him. Sitting in the middle of the bed cross-legged, his eyes were wide with awe as he looked at and felt each garment. He's never owned this many articles of clothing and was wondering if it really was okay to keep everything. He was currently wearing a new pair of fitted blue jeans along with the red shirt he had liked so much and a white button-down cardigan; he had discovered earlier he didn't like zippers very much. Jungkook couldn't help but smile at the pile of clothes and got off the bed to put everything away in the small dresser that was in the room.
 

The only problem was... he doesn't know how to fold clothes. Biting his lip worriedly, Jungkook scratched his head as he looked around the room for some sort of clue. But there wasn't one, his ears drooped a bit in disappointment and he just stood there while staring at the untidy pile. A light knock on the door made him spin around, his ears now standing tall in attention. He slowly walked towards the door and hesitantly turned the knob, opening it just a crack.
 

"Lunch is ready." said Jin, a cheerful grin on his face.
 

Jungkook nodded in understanding then looked over his shoulder at the pile of clothes on the bed, wondering if he should ask for help folding them. He looked back at an expectant Jin and opened the door a bit wider.
 

"Can you... h-help me?" asked Jungkook, lowering his gaze when Jin raised his eyebrows.
 

"Of course! What do you need help with?" was an answer he was not expecting.


Jungkook hesitantly looked back up and saw Jin smiling brightly at him, making his face grow warm as relief washed over him. He really thought he was going to get a 'no' as a response and made a mental note to change that mindset from now on. He went over to the bed with Jin following and shyly pointed at the clothes.
 

"This." said Jungkook without looking at the human, "I-I wanted to put them away, but... I don't know how to fold clothes."
 

Had he been looking, he would have seen the completely ecstatic look on Jin's face. But he was too busy separating the shirts from the pants just so he would have something to do. Jungkook then watched with close attention as Jin explained how to properly fold while demonstrating. Thinking he's got it, the bunny picked up a shirt and gave it a try only to end up pouting when it wasn't as neatly folded as Jin's.


"That's pretty good for your first try." said Jin with a smile as he ruffled Jungkook's hair encouragingly.
 

The latter's pout turned into a small smile and he unfolded the shirt to try again, his face lighting up with a bright smile when he managed to neatly fold it this time.
 

"I did it!" exclaimed Jungkook with a happy little bounce.
 

"Good job, bunny." said Jin with a smile just as bright.
 

Jungkook neatly set the folded shirt aside and tried folding a pair of black jeans next, letting out a happy sound when he got it right the first try. In almost no time, they had folded and put away all of Jungkook's new clothes.
 

"Thank you for helping me." said the latter, his cheeks turning pink from shyness.
 

"Any time, Jungkook." said Jin as he wrapped an arm around the bunny's shoulders and gave him a light squeeze, "Now come on, let's go eat."
 

Jungkook nodded with enthusiasm and they headed towards the kitchen, where Jin had prepared some tasty looking vegetable stir fry noodles. Jungkook's little black tail now poked out the back of the new pair of jeans he was wearing as he helped set the table and Jin was mentally spazzing at how cute it was. When they sat down, Jungkook pouted as he made the same patting motions he had made this morning and Jin chuckled as he quickly switched his seat. Now sitting side by side, Jungkook was all smiles as he happily ate his lunch.
 

"I didn't know how well you handle spice, so I didn't make this too spicy." said Jin as he took a bite.
 

"I can eat it if it's mild like this." said Jungkook as he twirled his fork around the noodles, "But anything spicier makes my tongue hurt and upsets my stomach."
 

"I'll make sure to never give you anything too spicy, then." said Jin with a smile as he brought up a hand to lightly pet Jungkook's head.
 

The latter smiled a bit as he nodded and shyly leaned into Jin's hand when the human lightly scratched the base of one of his bunny ears. Jin noticed Jungkook's little tail flicker from side to side and grinned, having this huge urge to touch it. But refrained because he didn't want to discomfort Jungkook, so he just went back to eating.
 

"By the way, I have to work tomorrow." said Jin, not liking how the bunny's ears drooped a bit as he stopped eating, "Today was my day off, but I'll have to go back in the morning."
 

Jungkook just nodded, a sad look on his face as he absentmindedly poked at his food. He may have spent a short time with Jin, but he found himself really enjoying the human's company.
 

"Maybe I can have someone come over so you won't get lonely." said Jin as he placed a hand on Jungkook's back, "I can ask my friend Namjoon to bring Jimin, I'm sure that pup would love to play with you."
 

When Jungkook looked at him with big and fearful eyes, Jin face palmed at himself; of course the bunny hybrid wouldn't want to hang out with a dog hybrid. But Jungkook mistook the face palm as something bad and his ears flattened back against his head, thinking he had annoyed Jin. The latter, however, took one look at the bunny's face and his own right away looked panicked.


"Oh, Jungkook, don't think I'm mad at you or anything!" he frantically said while shaking his head, then wrapped an arm around Jungkook in a side hug, "No, bunny, I was just thinking how dumb it was of me to have forgotten your fear of dogs. I'm so sorry."
 

Jungkook was blushing from the contact as he

Please log in to read the full chapter