(\_/)

Lonely No More
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Jin was currently stocking some cookies with Jungkook sitting cross-legged beside him on the floor while composing a picture message for Jimin. The bunny had asked how to after Jimin sent a rather comical picture of Namjoon fast asleep atop his books with his mouth ajar, saying his human was even snoring. Jin eventually showed Jungook after recovering from a laughing fit and after that, the two had been picture messaging back and forth. After sending the message, which was a picture of a can display Jin had done, Jungkook uncrossed his legs and stretched them out in front of him while letting out a quiet yawn. His bunny ears slanted back a bit in the process, but quickly stood back up in alert when he heard a set of footsteps and looked towards his left with wide eyes.
 

There was Taehyung, a bright smile on his face as he ran towards them with his tail wagging excitedly behind him. Jungkook scrambled to his feet and went to stand on Jin's other side, trying to hide from the hyperactive pup and making the human look at him questioningly. Jin then heard a familiar yip and turned his attention the other way, smiling warmly when he saw Taehyung. The latter came to an abrupt stop and tripped over his feet, but Jin was quick to reach out and catch the pup in his arms.
 

"Thanks, Jin!" said Taehyung cheerfully, using the opportunity to hug the human tight now that his arms were around the older's neck.
 

"Don't run, Tae, you might crash into something." said Jin with a laugh as he ruffled the pup's hair, "Is Hoseok with you or are you alone today?"
 

"I'm with Hobi." replied Taehyung, his grin then disappeared as he curiously sniffed around, "Where's Jungkook? I swear I saw him here just a second ago."
 

Jin looked over his shoulder and frowned in confusion as he turned completely around when he didn't see Jungkook anywhere. Where did the bunny go?
 

"Did he leave because I showed up?" asked Taehyung, sounding disappointed as his ears flattened back against his head and his tail wrapped around his leg.
 

"It's nothing personal, Tae, you know Jungkook's skittish around dog hybrids." said Jin assuringly as he turned towards the pup again with a smile, "He'll warm up to you soon, don't worry."
 

"He's not scared of Jimin, though." said Taehyung with a pout, "Jimin tells me they exchanged numbers and text each other a lot now. I want to text Jungkook a lot, too!"
 

Jin chuckled as he reached out and lightly tickled underneath Taehyung's chin, making the latter giggle as his tail began to wag again. He then took Jin's hand and placed it atop his head instead, the older taking the hint and scratching the base of a caramel-colored ear. Jin looked over his shoulder with concern this time, just where did Jungkook run off to?
 

+++++++++++++++
 

Hoseok was checking out some fruit when he heard some loud and high-pitched squeals, making him look up in mild annoyance. His brows rose in surprise when he saw a very uncomfortable Jungkook trying to make himself smaller against a group of girls that were surrounding him. They were babbling about how cute the bunny was and were even trying to coax him to come to them. Hoseok could tell Jungkook was scared and ready to run based on how his bunny ears were pressed flat against his head and how his gaze darted about, he was even trembling a bit. Frowning, Hoseok placed the bag of oranges he had in his hands into his cart before pushing it in that direction.
 

He wondered how Jin could have let Jungkook out of his sight like this and even glanced around for any sign of his friend, but didn't see him anywhere. Hoseok reached them and immediately intervened when he saw a girl step towards Jungkook with her hand held out, the latter immediately letting out frightened bunny-like squeaks.
 

"Jungkook." called Hoseok as gently as he could, but the bunny still flinched as his squeaks became more frantic, "Come on, Jin's waiting for us."
 

At the mention of the human, Jungkook's bunny ears flickered as they perked up a bit and he hesitantly looked up at Hoseok; the latter smiled kindly as he held out his hand.
 

"Come on, buddy." he gently coaxed, "I'll get you a pack of juice boxes."
 

Jungkook looked less hesitant now and cast the girls a nervous glance before scurrying towards Hoseok and took the offered hand with both of his. His squeaks quieted down as he huddled close to Hoseok's side and hid his face into the crook of the human's neck. Hoseok softly patted the back of Jungkook's head with his free hand before lightly scratching at the base of his black bunny ear, murmuring comforting words. The girls simply looked at each other and shrugged before leaving the isle so it was just the two of them now.
 

"W-Where's Jin?" asked Jungkook in a trembling voice.
 

"I actually have no idea." replied Hoseok honestly, making the bunny raise his head and stare at the human uncertainly, but the latter quickly added, "Don't worry, though, we'll find him."


"Anyway, how did you end up over here by yourself?" asked Hoseok, hoping to distract Jungkook a little from his nervousness.
 

The latter pursed his lips as he looked at the ground, his hands unconsciously playing with Hoseok's fingers.
 

"I... Your puppy was running to us and I got scared, so I left. T-Then I got lost and those girls showed up." replied Jungkook quietly, "They were really loud and were all t-talking to me at the same time."
 

"I bet that hurt your ears, huh?" said Hoseok sympathetically, reaching up with his free hand to gently pet the back of the bunny's head.
 

The latter nodded and raised his head to look at Hoseok again, his cheeks turning pink when the latter just smiled warmly at him. It was then that Jungkook noticed Hoseok had traces of Taehyung's scent, but it somehow didn't make him jumpy; probably because the human's calming aura overpowered it. Leaning into Hoseok, Jungkook's nose started twitching in a bunny-like manner as he sniffed around. He wasn't aware he had invaded the older's personal space until he heard a chuckle. Realizing he was standing on his tip toes behind Hoseok with his face practically buried into the human's hair, Jungkook immediately took a step back while still holding onto the older's hand.
 

"I-I'm sorry." said the bunny with frightened eyes, as if expecting to get scolded.
 

"It's okay, you were just curious." said Hoseok with a grin as he turned a bit to face the younger, "Jimin does the same thing when he hasn't seen me in a while, except he lunges at me and we end up on the floor."
 

Jungkook smiled a little, imagining it actually happening, then directed his gaze towards Hoseok's shoulder and tentatively leaned in to sniff a bit before pressing his face against the soft fabric. He nuzzled here and there as he sniffed away, letting out a sharp exhale through his nose before going back to sniffing; ironically like a puppy. Hoseok found it cute and very familiar, having received this treatment before from Taehyung and Jimin. When Jungkook was content with his sniffing adventure, he moved on to the other shoulder and repeated the process with less hesitance. His bunny ears flickered a bit when he caught the sound of Hoseok's light laughter, but he wasn't scared this time as he continued.
 

A phone started ringing just then, making the bunny give a startled jump as his tall ears stood up straight and looked around with wide eyes. He realized it was his phone that was ringing and let go of Hoseok's hand to take it out of his pocket. His face lit up when he saw Jin's name on the screen and answered the call, but didn't get a word in because the latter's panicked voice started rambling.
 

"Bunny? Where are you? Are you still in the store? Are you lost? Why didn't you call me?" Jungkook was overwhelmed by all the questions and looked up at Hoseok for help.
 

The latter rolled his eyes playfully with a smile, having heard his friend's loud urgency, and instructed the bunny to tell Jin where they were. That should answer everything.
 

"I'm in the fruit isle, with Hoseok." said Jungkook into the receiver, leaning into Hoseok's hand when the latter reached up to his hair.
 

"Perfect! Stay with him, okay? I'll be right there." said Jin, sounding relieved and slightly out of breath; the bunny just now heard the human was running.
 

"Okay." replied Jungkook, a small smile on his face, they said their goodbyes and hung up.
 

"I'm guessing he's on his way." said Hoseok with a laugh.
 

"He is." confirmed Jungkook, looking cheerful, then looked up at the human somewhat shyly before asking, "Um, could you... p-pet my head again? It felt really nice."
 

"Of course!" said Hoseok happily, grinning broadly as he brought up his hand and started to gently caress the back of the bunny's head, "How's this?"


Jungkook closed his eyes and just let out a sound that resembled teeth chattering, but much softer, instead of verbally replying. Hoseok, thinking it was something bad, immediately stopped his hand and stared at the bunny in concern for any sign of discomfort. But Jungkook merely opened his eyes when the petting stopped and nudged at the inside of Hoseok's wrist with his nose, so the latter continued. The soft chattering started up again and seeing the content expression on Jungkook's face, Hoseok's shoulders relaxed as he took the sound as a good thing. He then heard hurried footsteps and looked up, grinning when he saw Jin running towards them with Taehyung right beside him.
 

"That was fast." he commented in amusement as the two came to a stop beside the cart and leaned against it to catch their breaths.
 

"We were close by." panted Jin, his voice catching the bunny's attention.
 

"You're here!" exclaimed Jungkook excitedly, then scurried to Jin and clutched the front of the latter's sweater as he started to affectionately nose his jaw.


Jin let out a laugh at the ticklish feeling as he rested a hand on Jungkook's back while the other came up to the back of the bunny's head to ruffle his hair.
 

"Thanks for looking out for him, Hoseok." said Jin, then started grinning when the bunny began to lightly nudge at his shoulder next, "What are you doing, bunny?"
 

"He missed you, idiot." said Hoseok with a laugh as Taehyung came up beside him and simply put his bag of candy into the cart.
 

Jin's face lit up in understanding, then looked at Jungkook and softly scratched the base of his bunny ear. The action caused Jungkook to basically melt against him as that soft chattering started up again, making Jin stop immediately.
 

"No, no, that means he enjoys it." explained Hoseok while motioning his friend to keep going, which Jin did albeit hesitantly, "I was petting him just now and he was making the same sound."


"You were petting Jungkook?" asked Taehyung, Hoseok looked at his pup and smiled when he was met with an accusing stare, "Why were you petting Jungkook?"
 

"He asked me to, Tae." replied Hoseok, then laughed and teasingly added, "Why? Do you want to be pet, too?"
 

"No." replied Taehyung while looking away and crossing his arms.
 

"Why not?" asked Hoseok, genuinely surprised, "You never pass up a chance to be pet."
 

"I wanna pet Jungkook, too." said Taehyung

Please log in to read the full chapter