(\_/)

Lonely No More
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

The rest of the morning just flew by after that and it was now lunch time. Jungkook had gone into his room to arrange the origami he had made and was currently lining them up on the ledge of the window. He had made one of each using only red paper, since he liked the color so much, and smiled to himself when he picked up the heart next. Thinking of something, Jungkook left his room and quietly crept into Jin's; not that Jimin would even notice since he was in the kitchen making some food. Jungkook held the paper heart close to his chest with both hands as he walked around the room, looking for a nice place to put it.
 

Jin's room was much tidier than when Jungkook had first gotten here and he smiled when his eyes landed on the sticky note with Jin's number on it by the phone. Walking over, Jungkook hesitated for a bit before gingerly sitting down on the edge of the neatly made bed. He looked down at the heart in his hands and his face grew warm at the thought of leaving this here, that he had made this heart just for Jin. He just wanted to thank the human for being so kind and what better way than to write the words "Thank You" in the middle of a red heart? Jimin had showed him how to write it on a separate sheet of paper since Jungkook didn't quite know how to spell very well.
 

The pup had also offered to teach Jungkook how to properly read and write so he wouldn't feel so self conscious about it and the bunny agreed with an excited nod.
 

"Jungkook? Where are you~" came Jimin's playful voice from the hall.
 

Jungkook's eyes widened in surprise as he quickly stood up and carefully placed the paper heart on Jin's pillow; simple and easy to see. The bunny then scurried towards the door and peeked out, seeing Jimin's tail wagging as the pup looked into the bathroom.
 

"Are you playing hide and seek?" asked Jimin as he fully stepped into the bathroom.
 

Jungkook hurried out of Jin's room and went into his own, quickly hiding under the covers for some reason. Moments later, he heard the door squeak further open and Jimin's playful voice called out to him again.
 

"Jungkook~"
 

The bunny wiggled towards the edge of the bed away from Jimin while still under the covers and slid onto the floor, making the puppy start laughing.
 

"What are you doing?" he heard Jimin ask.
 

Jungkook poked his head out from under the bed and looked up at Jimin, the rather cute way he had his head tilted made a grin appear on his face as he slid out and got to his feet.
 

"N-Nothing..." replied Jungkook shyly as he looked down while bunching up the hem of his sweater.
 

"If you say so." said Jimin with a laugh, "Anyway, I just came in to tell you lunch is ready."
 

Jungkook looked up at those words and his eyes seemed to sparkle as he followed Jimin into the kitchen, where he saw some tasty looking sandwiches with homemade fries. He sat down after Jimin told him which one was his and bashfully reached out to grab the puppy's arm when he made to sit across the table. Jimin didn't question him and just smiled as he sat beside Jungkook and both started eating.


+++++++++++++++


The bunny never thought he would be getting along with a dog hybrid yet here he was, getting along with a dog hybrid. They were now sitting on the floor in Jungkook's room and Jimin was teaching him how to play checkers. The rules were simple enough and in no time at all, Jimin was pouting as Jungkook beat him for the fourth time in a row. Jungkook, on the other hand, was all smiles as the pup lied flat on his back on the floor and threw a playful tantrum.
 

"No fair~ I never lose at checkers!" wailed Jimin, kicking the air while his hands were in his orange hair as he wiggled about, "When I play with Joonie, I always win!"
 

"Maybe he just lets you win." said Jungkook, grinning when the puppy stopped his movements and gave him an offended look.
 

"He does not!" he quickly denied.
 

Jungkook just shrugged while still grinning as he fixed the pieces on the board, he then noticed Jimin moving from his peripheral vision and looked up. The pup was now sitting cross-legged and staring back at him with his tail lazily wagging and a small smile on his face.
 

"Are you... still scared of dogs?" asked Jimin shyly as he looked down while playing with his fingers.
 

Jungkook smiled and even though he was still pretty scared of dogs, he wasn't scared of Jimin. The latter has been so child-like and playful that Jungkook had forgotten the orange-haired hybrid was... well, a dog hybrid. Those golden-colored ears and tail didn't frighten Jungkook at all now and he was so happy about that because he would really like to spend time with Jimin again.
 

"I am still scared." started Jungkook, not liking the way Jimin's ears drooped sadly, so he quickly continued, "But not of you specifically. I kind of... l-like you and want to be friends with you... Um, if that's okay."
 

Jungkook was totally not expecting nor was he ready for Jimin to suddenly lunge forward. The puppy's arms wrapped around his neck, causing them both to topple over and make the checker pieces scatter all over the place. The bunny was now flat on his back and staring up at the ceiling while an excited pup with an out of control wagging tail was spewing happy exclamations.
 

"I like you, too, and also want to be friends with you, Kookie! You can come over to mine and Joonie's place any time and we can play all day!"
 

The excited pup then raised his head, his broad smile growing broader when he saw the cute blush on Jungkook's cheeks as he shyly looked off to the side.
 

"Can I call you 'Kookie?'" asked Jimin, "It sounds so cute and since yo

Please log in to read the full chapter