(\_/)

Lonely No More
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Jin couldn't wipe the smile off his face due to the current situation he was in, which was standing in line at a cafe and having a sulking Jungkook in his arms. The latter had his face buried in the crook of Jin's neck and his arms were wrapped tightly around the human's waist. The visit to the hybrid doctor had gone well, except towards the end where the bunny did end up having to receive a shot. Like he had promised, Jin held Jungkook through the whole thing and the soft squeaks of discomfort that came from the bunny afterwards made Jin coo sweet words of comfort. Jungkook had latched on to Jin's arm as they walked out of the clinic, but then latched onto his front instead when they stepped into this cafe.
 

The line moved up and Jin had to sort of wobble forward so he wouldn't step on Jungkook, his smile growing just a little more when the bunny stepped back in time with his wobbles. But he never let go. They were getting plenty of looks from other customers, but they were just curious or amused glances; they must have been quite the sight. When it was their turn, Jin asked Jungkook what he wanted to get and the bunny looked over his shoulder to look at the menu board.
 

"What does number five say?" asked Jungkook as he looked back at Jin with curious eyes.
 

The latter looked at the menu and told him it was iced coffee, then chuckled when the bunny cutely scrunched up his nose in distaste before asking what number six was.
 

"Hot chocolate." replied Jin as he looked back at Jungkook, the latter pondered for a second before nodding with an adorable little grin that lit up his whole face.
 

"I'll have that, please." he said with a slight bounce.
 

Jin chuckled again and gave the bunny a light squeeze before ordering an iced coffee for himself and a hot chocolate with extra marshmallows to go. They stepped to the side while their order was being prepared and Jungkook went from hiding his face to just letting his head rest against Jin's shoulder. He let his gaze curiously wander around the cafe and his bunny ears would lightly flicker now and then at certain sounds. Jin then felt Jungkook suddenly tense up and looked down at the bunny, seeing him somewhat nervously eye a person as they walked past them to get their order. When that person left, Jungkook relaxed only to tense up again when someone else walked past them.
 

Jin knew the bunny wasn't good with people, so he didn't think twice about leaning down to nuzzle the side of Jungkook's head, successfully making him look up. He then smiled softly as he touched his forehead to Jungkook's and found it cute how the latter's eyes crossed a bit before they focused. A blush appeared on the bunny's cheeks afterwards and he shyly lowered his gaze, making Jin chuckle as he pulled back.
 

"They're almost done with our order, bunny." he said as he brought up a hand to gently pet the back of Jungkook's head in a comforting manner.
 

The bunny just nodded before letting his head rest against Jin's shoulder again and the latter felt the thin arms around him tighten their hold just a bit. That had Jin full on smiling as he continued to nuzzle Jungkook's head, who responded to it by snuggling into him. Their order was called up a few minutes later and Jin managed to get Jungkook to let go, only so the latter could latch onto his arm instead, so he could get the drinks. Jin handed the bunny his hot chocolate first before getting his iced coffee from the cashier and they were out of the cafe. As they walked down the street, Jin noticed Jungkook curiously eyeing his coffee from time to time and asked the bunny if he wanted to try it.
 

"O-Okay..." said Jungkook with a small smile as they came to a stop.
 

Jin held out his tall cup to Jungkook, who let go of the human's arm so he could direct the straw towards his mouth since his other hand was busy. He took a tentative sip and as soon as the cold liquid touched his tongue, he scrunched up his face in distaste and shuddered as he turned away.
 

"It's bitter!" he exclaimed in repulse and let his tongue hang out for a second before taking a long yet careful drink from his hot chocolate.
 

"It's not that bad." said Jin with an amused expression, then laughed when the bunny gave the iced coffee a dirty look, "But I guess as a bunny hybrid, your tongue's more sensitive to these things. Right?"
 

"It is." confirmed Jungkook as he looked up at Jin, "I remember once at the orphanage, we were eating vegetable soup and I scalded my tongue because it was too hot. But everyone else didn't have a problem with it."
 

"Poor bunny." cooed Jin as he reached out to pet the back of Jungkook's head, who leaned into the touch with a small smile, "Did they realize it was too hot for you?"
 

"Mhm." replied Jungkook with a nod, "After that, they always made sure my food was lukewarm before giving it to me."
 

Jin just hummed at that, making a mental note to do the same thing from now on because he didn't want the bunny getting scalded again. They continued walking after that and they were soon standing in front of a cellular store, making Jungkook look at Jin curiously.
 

"We're here to get you a phone of your own." explained the latter with a grin as he opened the door.
 

Jungkook just gave him a flabbergasted expression, causing Jin to laugh as he placed a hand on the bunny's lower back to guide him into the store. Inside, an employee welcomed them and asked if there was something specific they were looking for. Jin felt a tentative hand slip into his own and just smiled as he said they would be looking around for now. When the employee left to help someone else, Jin turned towards Jungkook while still smiling and gave his hand a light sq

Please log in to read the full chapter