(\_/)

Lonely No More
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Jin walked out of the grocery store after his shift and shuddered at the chilly wind that greeted him, making him zip up his black hoodie. It's a serene autumn evening like any other and Jin was heading straight home to his apartment to relax after another busy day. Since it's Friday and he has the day off tomorrow, Jin's in a movie night kind of mood. He adjusted the book bag on his shoulders and picked up the pace, the chill starting to seep through his hoodie; he would have to remember to start wearing his jacket. As he walked past a dimly lit alleyway, Jin stopped in his tracks when he heard a sniffle; faint, but there.
 

Turning his head, he looked into the space between two stores just to see a dumpster and a littered ground. He was about to start walking again when he heard a sneeze and furrowed his brows as he quickly looked towards the dumpster again. Jin cautiously walked over and looked around for the source, but it was dark and he couldn't really see anything in these dim lights. He knew better than to call out in case something or someone jumped out at him, so he continued with slow and cautious steps. He passed by a pile of flat cardboard boxes beside the dumpster when he heard the sniffles again and turned around.
 

Jin approached the pile and reached out his hands, but hesitated for a moment before just going for it and pulled them aside. His eyes widened in surprise when he saw a rather young guy huddled there behind the small space of the dumpster, using his arms to protect himself from the cold. Jin felt an ache in his chest when he saw the thin long sleeve black shirt the guy was wearing, the rips on his old blue jeans, and the way his shoes barely stayed together from how worn they were. The guy was looking up at him with wide and frightened eyes, his pale pink lips parted and quivering.


"Hi there." greeted Jin gently while smiling in the most friendly manner as he crouched down in front of the guy, "Are you lost?"
 

The guy, who was visibly trembling, just shook his head and that's when Jin noticed the set of black bunny ears atop his head; which were completely flattened back. It was rare to see a stray hybrid around here since they're so well taken care of and Jin wondered where this one came from.
 

"What's your name?" asked Jin.
 

The bunny hybrid just averted his gaze as he hugged himself tighter while trying to scoot away as far as possible, but his back was already pressed against the brick wall. A gust of cold wind blew just then and Jin felt his chest ache again when he saw how the hybrid closed his eyes in discomfort as he sniffed and his body trembled even more.
 

"You must be really cold." said Jin in concern.
 

Without hesitation, he took off his book bag and ped his hoodie before taking it off and draped it over the hybrid. The latter opened his eyes and right away tried removing the hoodie from his body, but Jin kept it in place by placing his hands on those frail looking shoulders.
 

"Keep it, you need it more than I do." said Jin, his tone still gentle, the hybrid stopped struggling and just stared back at him with those scared eyes.
 

Jin was about to reach into his book bag to get a snack for the hybrid, but remembered it was supposed to get a lot colder during the night. He bit his lip worriedly as he thought about it and knew his hoodie wasn't going to be enough to keep the bunny warm. Jin then started thinking about taking him to a nearby shelter since they're always open and they welcomed any and all hybrids, but he was somewhat reluctant about that idea. In the back of his mind, he wanted to make sure the bunny was warm, safe, and fed. The hybrid could get all of that in the shelter, of course, but Jin has a soft spot for cuteness and this hybrid's definitely cute despite the dim lighting.


It took a lot of gentle and assuring coaxing, but Jin finally got the bunny to stand up from his spot and he right away fixed the hoodie so it was properly covering him up. He even pulled the hood over those cold ears, making sure to be careful, and smiled brightly at him.
 

"Let's get going." said Jin.
 

He then suddenly moved to take hold of the bunny's hand, but looked up in surprise when said bunny backed away while pulling his hands up to his chest; big eyes looking back at Jin with a startled expression.
 

"I'm sorry, did I scare you?" asked Jin sheepishly while scratching the back of his head.
 

The hybrid nodded slowly and Jin apologized again, this time letting the bunny know he just wanted to hold his hand so he wouldn't get lost. Jin waited patiently as the hybrid looked at his own hands first before looking at Jin's outstretched one, then tentatively held one out. Jin suppressed his excitement as he gently took hold of the bunny's hand, trying not to let the shiver go through him when he felt how cold it was. He then started walking and made sure to stay at the hybrid's rather slow pace since it looked like he was having trouble. Jin didn't say anything about it, thinking the bunny's legs were probably just cramped from having been in that sitting position for so long.


"We don't have to walk for long, my apartment's just a little bit further down this street." said Jin as he looked over at the hybrid, who was looking at the ground as he silently nodded.


And just like he said, they made it to the apartment not long after that and Jin made sure to not let go of the hybrid's hand as he pulled out his keys and unlocked the door. They stepped inside and as Jin kicked off his shoes, he watched with a smile on his face as the bunny's nose twitched while sniffing his surroundings. While he was busy with that, Jin stepped into the living room and tossed his book bag on the couch while heading towards the kitchen.
 

Looking through the contents in the fridge, he pondered what he could make for the hybrid. Jin kept in mind that rabbits are herbivores, but this bunny was also part human so that made things a little confusing. Deciding to just ask the hybrid himself, Jin went back into the livi

Please log in to read the full chapter