(\_/)

Lonely No More
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Jungkook didn't like being in the clinic again a week later, but Jin had promised there wouldn't be any shots this time so that assured him a little. Sitting in the waiting area with his hands tightly clutching the hem of his jacket, Jungkook couldn't help the way his bunny ears had flattened back against his head. Jin noticed the bunny's nervousness and placed a hand on his knee.
 

"It'll be alright." he softly said, "The doctor just wants to see how you're doing now."
 

"I don't like it here." said Jungkook quietly, his gaze shifting from the few humans and their hybrids who were waiting to the clock on the wall, "It smells weird and the lights are too bright."
 

Jin could only smile as he gave the bunny's knee a light squeeze, the latter leaning over to hide his face behind Jin's shoulder. They only had to wait a little bit more and when Jungkook's name was called, he flinched and tried to hide himself further. But when Jin stood up, Jungkook immediately followed and grabbed onto the human's arm while huddling super close. He didn't realize he was being led into a room until he heard a door close and looked up with wide eyes. The room was similar to the one on his first visit and even though the bunny was wearing his jacket and sweater, he started trembling as his grip on Jin's arm tightened.
 

"Let's sit down, okay?" suggested the latter with a smile.
 

But Jungkook shook his head vigorously and was about to suggest leaving when the door opened and the doctor walked in, making him let out frightened bunny-like squeaks. Jin right away turned towards Jungkook and hugged him comfortingly as the doctor simply smiled in understanding.


"It's alright, bunny, I'll be right here." cooed Jin while nuzzling the bunny's hair, "Just like last time, remember? I'm not going anywhere."
 

The squeaks quieted down a bit as Jungkook peeked at the doctor with hesitant eyes, then they fully stopped when Jin cupped his face with a gentle hand so they were looking at each other.
 

"Everything's going to be fine." assured Jin, then smiled as he let go of the bunny's face to stick out his pinky, "I promise."
 

Jungkook looked at the human's hand before slowly raising his own and linked their pinkies together, making him feel a little less nervous. Both then had a seat and faced the doctor, who was still smiling as he looked through the file in his hands.
 

"It looks like you two have been bonding well since the last time I saw you." he commented with a chuckle as he looked up at them now.
 

"We have." agreed Jin while beaming, "Jungkook's less cautious around me nowadays and he's more comfortable moving around the apartment on his own. He's even interacted a bit with my dog hybrid friends."
 

"That's good. Really good." said the doctor with intrigue, "Rabbit hybrids are usually very cautious and guarded, therefore it can take a while for them to warm up to humans or other hybrids. Jungkook must have a lot of trust in you to have agreed to meet your dog hybrid friends."
 

"I do trust Jin a lot." said Jungkook quietly, a light blush on his cheeks as he stared at the floor, "He always keeps his word when he promises me something. He told me Jimin and Taehyung were friendly puppies, so I believed him even though I'm scared of dog hybrids and he was right."


Jin felt a sense of pride as he grinned in a silly manner, happy to hear it straight from the bunny that he trusts him. The doctor also seemed glad to hear that as he wrote something down on the file.
 

"Anything else you would like to say about Jin, Jungkook?" he asked.
 

"He's great at cooking." replied Jungkook, smiling a bit as he leaned over to snuggle against Jin's arm, "When I ask if he can make me something, he makes it, a-and he's considerate. I only mentioned once what I can and can't eat and he remembered, he's been making tasty food that's also good for me."
 

The doctor chuckled at the bunny's cute way of speaking as he wrote something else down. Jungkook's bunny ears flickered as they picked up the scratching of the pen and he looked up.
 

"What are you writing?" he curiously asked, "You were doing that last time, too, and you kept watching whenever Jin would say something to me."
 

"You're very observant, Jungkook." complimented the doctor as he looked up at the bunny with a kind smile, "It's a report on how Jin's been taking care of you, we do this to know whether or not you're happy living with him."
 

"I am happy living with Jin." said Jungkook firmly, a frown on his face as he sat up straight and looked the doctor right in the eyes, "And he takes very good care of me, without asking for anything in return. He could have just ignored me like everyone else did when he saw me in the street, but he took me in and gave me a home because he's a kind person."
 

Jin was staring at Jungkook in surprise, never having heard the bunny go off like this.


"That's great to hear, Jungkook." said the doctor with an approving nod as he jotted more things down, then his expression turned serious as he looked up again, "Now, has Jin ever raised his voice at you in a negative way? Or his hand?"
 

"Did you not just hear me?" said Jungkook, one his bunny ears giving an annoyed flicker as his eyes narrowed, "Jin is a kind person."
 

"Yes, I did hear you." said the doctor with a patient nod, "But even the nicest people can say or do things they later apologize for only to do it again as time goes on."


"Jin isn't like that!" said Jungkook loudly as he abruptly stood up, his hands balling into fists at his sides, "Not one bit! He genuinely cares about me and has never yelled at me! He's never hit me! So don't go insulting him by asking if he mistreats me because he doesn't!"
 

"Bunny, calm down." said a startled Jin as he stood up and placed gentle hands on Jungkook's arms to turn him so they were facing each other, "I know the questions sound harsh, but it's the doctor's job to ask you. All hybrid clinics and even shelters are required to ask these things to make sure the hybrids who are living with humans are being looked after properly."
 

"But I am being looked after properly." insisted Jungkook with an impatient stomp of his foot, his eyes filled with frustrated tears, "I've already said it so many times."
 

"I know, bunny." said Jin with a warm smile as he soothingly rubbed the younger's arms, "But the doctor doesn't, you have to tell him how it is living with me so we can stay living together."
 

"W-What do you mean?" asked Jungkook apprehensively as a tear rolled down his face.
 

"He means the government can and will take you away if they see you're not being treated well." replied the doctor this time, making the bunny glare at him, "In fact, they can already take you away because Jin hasn't formally adopted you."
 

"No!" growled Jungkook as he wrapped his arms tightly and protectively around Jin's waist while still glaring at the doctor, "Jin's my human! I don't need any stupid forms to say so!"


The doctor wasn't fazed at all by Jungkook's behavior, having dealt with this many times before, but Jin was flabbergasted. How did things escalate to this? One minute they were calmly talking and the next, the bunny was upset and shouting.
 

"Is there any possibility of Jungkook staying with me while I start filing for his adoption?" asked Jin, also not wanting to be separated.
 

"That depends on the place he came from." replied the doctor, then had another look at the file, "You said it was an orphanage in Busan, correct?"
 

"Yes." replied Jin while wrapping his own arms around the bunny, who was busy scenting him, "I don't know the exact location, though, or how their adoption process works."
 

"That's alright, I'll have someone in my staff to look it up." assured the doctor, then looked up at Jin and smiled, "I knew from your first visit that you would take excellent care of Jungkook and you did not disappoint. He looks so much healthier now and he seems to be very fond of you."
 

"I do what I can." said Jin modestly as he sheepishly shrugged.
 

"Your efforts show and have definitely paid off." said the doctor while nodding, he then got up with the file in hand, "I'll get in touch with the orphanage and have them contact yo

Please log in to read the full chapter