First Meeting

The Support Group
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                         It's a Wednesday morning and Mina and Sana are stuck in English class. The two, in addition to the class, try to stay awake as their teacher droned on about the twentieth century's greatest poets. Eventually Sana's forehead hits the desk as she dozes off.

                                         Their English teacher gets another word in before the bell rings, startling the sleeping class awake.

                                         Sana and Mina quickly gather up their stuff and head to the lunchroom. The pair find their usual table near the back wall of the cafeteria and get in line for lunch.

                                         "So what time is the meeting again?" Mina sits her lunch down at the table and looks for the white card in her wallet.

                                         "3:00. Right after school."

                                         "Where?"

                                         Mina freezes. She just realized that she didn't know where the meeting would be held. She looked at the card again. It had the girl Nayeon's number. She texted her asking her about the meeting place.

                                         A few minutes later, suprisngly, Nayeon texted back:

                                          The music room, see you there!

                                          Mina heaved a sigh. She was really doing this. She was really going to a support group... for lesbians. As stupid as her worrying was, she would be lying if she said she wasn't worried. Just the thought of being around others like her, frankly scared her.

                                           "I don't know why you're worried. It's not a crime to be gay.", Sana said rather loudly. Mina looked around consciously.

                                           "Shh!" Sana pouted and went back to eating her lunch.

                                           "It'll be fine Minari. We're just going to be social. No crime commited." Mina nodded, but she wasn't fully convinced. She knew somewhere along the line, this would catch up with her.

                                             ****

                                             "That Mina!", Sana cursed to herself. The Japanese girl was currently looking all over the school for her best friend, who had seemingly disappeared after they parted ways for their last class of the day. Sana told Mina to wait for her outside the performing arts building, but when Sana got there, her bestfriend was no way to be seen. She thought of sneaking into the principal's office and calling her on the intercom, but decided that would be stupid and would make her look foolish.

                                            "Mina!", she called out. She looked in all of the bathrooms in that hallway but didn't find the girl to her dismay. She stopped for a moment. Where does Mina always go, anytime she needs to think, study, or just wants to be alone? The library. Sana rushed to the library, fearing that if she didn't hurry Mina would leave and skip out on the meeting.

                                             Her eyes went wide when lo and behold, there Mina was, sitting alone staring into space.

                                             "Myoui Mina!", Sana shouted. They were lucky no one was there. Mina jumped out of her trance and sent an apologetic looks towards Sana.

                                             "I'm sorry.", she uttered. Sana sighed. "I'm just nervous. What do I do? What do I say? What if they ask me to speak? I don't think i'm ready for that? I'm just... not good with people. You know that."

                                             "Yes I do. But I do think you're overthinking this one. We're just going to go and meet people like us. That's all." Mina looked down at her playful hands. She then nods after a few seconds. "Now come on. If we hurry we can still make it."

                                              The two hurry across campus to the performing arts building where the music room is located. They stop for a breath of air for a quick few seconds right outside the door.

                                               "How does my hair look?", Sana asked quickly. Mina rolls her eyes.

                                               "Fine.", she answers shortly. She then takes a breath and opens the door.

                                                All eyes are on them two Japanese girls as they try and creep their way in, but fail miserably. Mina's heart beats a mile a minute. She tries to stop herself from appearing anxious as the group's eyes travel between her and Sana. 

                                                "We have a pair of newcomers!", Mina heard Nayeon announce. Nayeon makes her way over to the two. She winks at Mina before turning to the rest of the group to introduce them. "Ladies, this is Mina and Sana." The group greets them and Nayeon gestures them to take a seat within the circle.

                                                Mina hesitantly makes her way over, following Sana who eagerly led the way. 

                                                 "Would you like to introduce youselves personally?", Nayeon asks. Mina internally shakes her head. Sana instantly stands up.

                                               

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter