After School

The Support Group
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                                  That Monday, Mina and Sana sit in on an English lecture. The whole class trying not to fall asleep once again, as the teacher moves painfully slow through the lesson. After about fifteen minutes after class has started, Mina looks over and sees Sana texting. She frowns at her best friend.

                                  “Who are you texting?” Sana slightly turns her head.

                                  “Tzuyu”, she answers in a whisper. Mina rolls her eyes.

                                  “You shouldn’t be texting in class”, Mina scolds her. “It’s against the rules.”

                                  “And you shouldn’t be thinking about Momo right now. It’s sinful.” Mina turns slightly red at Sana’s comeback. She turns her head away from Sana until her blush fades away.

                                  “I’m not thinking about Momo.” Sana gives her a look, obviously not believing her.

                                  “What are you two talking about anyway?”

                                  “Nothing. Just small talk”, Sana says simply.

                                   Mina doesn’t pry anymore. Mina and Sana may be best friends, but one of the best, and many qualities of Mina is that she knows when to pry and when to keep quiet. She wasn’t the type to be caught up in others’ lives.

                                 “Well small talk can wait. Put it up before the teacher sees.” Sana rolls her eyes, but complied anyway.

                                 *****

                                  “How long have you guys been making music?”

                                 Mina and Sana sit with Tzuyu, Dahyun, and Chaeyoung in their special music room. Dahyun thinks for a second, her face in deep concentration.

                                 “It’s been 84 years.” She imitates the elderly lady on ‘Titanic’. The rest of the group laugh at Dahyun’s antics. “I’m just kidding. It’s actually been 4 years now. We started when Tzuyu was still in Middle school, so we’ve been together for a long time now.” Mina and Sana are amazed at how long they’ve been together.

                                 “You guys must be close then”, Mina comments. All three just nod their heads.

                                 “Yes, quite close. I know all of Tzuyu’s dirty secrets”, Dahyun says. Tzuyu rolls her eyes at the older.

                                 “Like what?”, she playfully challenges.

                                 “Starting with not respecting your elders. Roll your eyes again and you’ll be looking for them in the back of your head.” Sana laughs at this.

                                 “You’re ridiculous”, Tzuyu states.

                                 “Maybe. But at least I didn’t-” She was quickly cut off by Tzuyu. Tzuyu shot Sana a nervous look before glaring at Dahyun. Dahyun then yanked Tzuyu’s hand from .

                                  “Don’t worry Tzuyu. Everyone has secrets.” Sana smirked at Tzuyu before laughing at her shocked  facial expression.

                                  “I have no secrets. Wait! Why do we keep talking about me? Let’s focus on someone else”, Tzuyu exclaimed.

                                 “You’re the youngest”, Chaeyoung stated and shrugged her shoulders.

                                 “We’re the same age”, Tzuyu deadpanned. Again, Chaeyoung shrugged her shoulders and laid her head on Dahyun’s shoulder.

                                 Their playful banter continues until the end of their lunch period where they exited the performing arts building and said goodbye to each other. They promised to each other after school.

                   *****

                                  As promised, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu caught up with Mina and Sana right outside the main school building. Dahyun had to stay after class, so she would be a little late meeting them.

                                 “Guys”, Tzuyu whined. “I don’t wanna go home.” Chaeyoung rolled her eyes.

                                 “Only the maknae when she wants to be”, she shook her head.

                                 “Cute”, Sana mumbled and smiled.

                                 “Where do you wanna go?”

                                  Tzuyu shrugged her shoulders. Chaeyoung’s expression fell even further. She smacked Tzuyu on the back of her head. “Then don’t whine about being bored then if you don’t know what you want to do!” Tzuyu glared at the shorter girl.

                                 She was about to say something else, but was stopped by the door swinging open, revealing Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Momo, Jihyo, and Dahyun coming a few seconds after them.

                                “Woah, it’s a party now!”, Jeongyeon exclaimed. Nayeon rolled her eyes.

                                “Easy there, party animal. What are you guys still doing here?”

                                “Tzuyu’s bored and doesn’t want to go home”, Chaeyoung explained.

                                “Ah, see, I always knew Tzuyu was a party animal. She’s-” Jeongyeon was silenced by Nayeon once again.

                                “Idiot”, she muttered.

         

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter