How Do You Think My Week Went?

The Support Group
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                  A couple days later, another Wednesday rolled around, and Wednesday's of course meant support group after school. Mina was particularly delighted today because it meant seeing Momo, and working on the dance routine. She couldn't hide this feeling.

                                 And speaking of the routine, the show would be rolling around soon, and surprisingly, Mina couldn't wait to show the school what they had planned.

                                 ****

                                 "So, are you guys almost finished polishing up the routine?" Sana asked. The two were on their way on their way to class. 

                                 "Yeah, it's almost done."

                                 "Then what's next? I mean, after the show?" Mina shrugged. Truth be told, she didn't really know exactly what was next after that. She never even thought about it. She didn't know whether Momo would actually want to be around her afterwards, but she didn't dare think of something negative right now. She wanted to believe Momo would at least talk to her still.

                                 "I don't know. Hopefully she doesn't pretend like I never existed afterwards." Mina gave a light nervous chuckle.

                                 "Oh please. She's warming up to you", Sana stated.

                                 "How are you so sure about things like this? How do you know?" Mina asked incredulous. 

                                 "It's not hard, my friend. You just have to stop being so dense and open up your eyes." Sana patted Mina on the shoulder and walked away, leaving Mina confused and a bit offended.

                                 ****

                                 Alright, have a seat everyone!" Nayeon announced.

                                 Everyone assumed their seats in the usual circle, starting the meeting.

                                 Mina was anxious to see Momo, since for some strange reason, the quiet girl didn't make it for lunch today. She could see that Momo's non-appearance worried her best friend Jeongyeon, but the short haired girl didn't mention anything to anybody.

                                 "From what y'all have been telling me, it seems there's a lot going on. Someone want to start?" Nayeon asked. There was slight fidgeting and shifting around the circle. Then Dahyun raised her hand, and every eye was on her. 

                                 "Well, this week Chaeyoung and I went out on a date. And this group of guys caused trouble." Chaeyoung was now making an attempt to hide in her seat as Dahyun became angrier and angrier with every word. "We were sitting at a table, mind our own business, when those jackhats came and started harrasing us! I swear if they weren't so huge i'd-"

                                 "Alright dubu calm down", Chaeyoung interrupted as she tried to sit Dahyun back down.

                                 "No! Let me go Chaeyoung!"

                                 "Dubu, it's alright. We'll probably never see them again anyways", Chaeyoung reasoned. Dahyun then calmed down and sat quietly in her chair, still pouting.

                                 "It's okay, dubu. It's okay to feel angry. Sometimes it's easy to forget that while you have such supportive people around you, the country we live in is not so supportive", Nayeon explained. Everyone nodded in agreement.

                                  Mina thought about Nayeon's words and let them sink in. She had been so busy worrying about what her mother would think, she didn't even stop to think about Korea would think.

                                  "Take it day by day. Not everyone's gonna agree with you, but everyday we can try to work to gain a better place in society."

                                  "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter