On Saturdays

The Support Group
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                          On Saturday, Mina woke up to a stream of beeps and notifications from her best friend Sana. She groggily sat up, trying to rub the sleep from her eyes. She took a look at her phone.

                           be there in twenty mins. get dressed

                           She inwardly groaned, having been disturbed, and get ready. Knowing Sana, Mina didn't know what adventure Sana planned for the both of them.

                            Just a few minutes after Mina finished getting ready and she ate breakfast, Sana showed up with a huge smile on her face. Mina gave her a look.

                            "Where to today?", she asked. She took a seat on the couch.

                            "School." Again, Mina shot her a look.

                            "Why?"

                             "Because Tzuyu invited us. Plus Momo will be there." Mina groaned and threw a pillow in Sana's direction, which hit her directly in the face. "Ow!"

                             "You asked for it. What are we gonna do there anyway?"

                              "Tzuyu said that sometimes they go to the school and hang there since the performing arts building is always open." Mina nodded her head. "And since Momo likes to dance, they watch her dance sometimes too." Mina glared at her.

                                "Alright, I guess. Let's get ready."

                                ****

                                As Mina opened the door to the performing arts building, the pair could already hear the music resonating through the empty halls. They walked into the same dance classroom that they had met Momo in previously. There they could see the other girls cheering for Momo as the blonde girl showed a new routine she choreographed.

                                When she was done she shut off the music and greeted Sana and Momo in her quiet manner. The two bowed back.

                                "Momo, that was sick!", Jeongyeon shouted, startling the rest of the group. Momo offered a small smile.

                                "Thanks, Jeong."

                                "You did all that by yourself?", Chaeyoung asked. Momo nodded.

                                 "Great job, Momo.", Jihyo complemented.

                                 "Guys! Me, Chae, andTzu having something to show you guys!" The other girls followed the songwriting trio to their usual writing space at the end of the hall.

                                  Dahyun went directly to the piano and Chaeyoung pulled out the sheet music. Dahyun began playing melody they created and rehearsed for the past week. She made sure to play it to the best of her ability. Chaeyoung started off the song, her vocals ringing clear throughout the room. Nayeon began swaying her body to the unique and quite sentimental melody. And soon, Jeongyeon began swaying her body as the result of her girlfriend's ability to effect others' mood.  

                                   When the three finished, the others clapped, including Sana and Mina. 

                                   "That was really good guys!", Nayeon exclaimed. 

                                   "Thanks, we worked really hard on that.", Tzuyu added shyly. Sana had to contain herself from squealing out loud, and her face behind Mina's shoulder. Mina rolled her eyes.

                                    "Such a talented group of kids!", Nayeon said, pretending she was getting emotional. The others rolled their eyes at Nayeon's playfulness. "Mina, Sana, do you have anything you wanted to show?"  Sana looked at Mina and smirked, then looked back at Nayeon.

                                    "Mina knows how to do ballet.", Sana revealed. Mina hit Sana on her arm and mentally cursed. The other girls' eyes went wide.

                                     "Really?", Jihyo asked. Mina's cheeks began turning red at all the attention she was receiving right now. She shrunk back a bit and her eyes shifted to the floor as she made eye contact with Momo once again.

                                     "Yeah, I've been practicing for a little while now.", she said shyly. Sana scoffs.

                                      "11 years.", Sana adds.

                                     The others' eyes grow wide with amazement. "Can we see?", Dahyun asks. Now it's Mina's turn for her eyes to grow wide. She begins to slightly panic.

                                     "Maybe another time." The girls nod, respecting Mina's decision. 

                                      For the first time in a while, Momo speaks up. "Is anybody hungry?" Nayeon scoffs and rolls her eyes.

                                      "Oh, I'm sure you're hungry Momo." Momo glares at her. "Anybody up for lunch?", Nayeon asks. They all nod.

                                      "I want pizza.", Momo declares. Nayeon looks at Momo with a look of slight annoyance.

                                      "Can you be a little more considerate of what others want for once in your life, Momo?" Momo huffs in annoyance at Nayeon's words. "What would you two like to eat?", she asks Mina and Sana. 

                                      "Chicken!", Sana says cutely. Mina can see Tzuyu chuckle and smile at Sana. 

                                      "Fries.", Mina simply says. 

                                       "Alright. Chick-"

                                       "And Ketchup. Lots of it.", Mina says again. She could see the everyone but Sana raise their eyebrows at her, but she chose to ignore it. 

                                       The group continues to talk amongst each other while Nayeon goes into the hall to order the food. 

           

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter