One Foot In Front of the Other

The Support Group
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                                  The next day, Mina waits for her bestfriend Sana near the entrance of the school. She checks her phone screen diligantly. Sana is late. Mina huffs, beginning to feel annoyed. The two have rarely been late, and Mina's not about to make a habit out of today. 

                                                  Mina finally spots her friend coming off of the city bus, where the girl rushes towards her.

                                                  "Why are you late?", Mina immediately asks. Sana immediately looks guilty and apologetic.

                                                  "Sorry. I woke up late and couldn't decide what to wear." Mina shoots her a look.

                                                  "Since when do you have problems with wardrobe? You always plan your outfits the night before." Sana blushes.

                                                  "I had a bit of trouble choosing.", she mumbles.

                                                  Mina narrows her eyes. "Why?"

                                                   "Nothing."

                                                   ****

                                                   A couple hours later, the two are at lunch, sitting at their usual table. Mina tries to eat her lunch in peace, but her fellow Japanese won't let her.

                                                   "I wonder what she's doing right now.", Sana drones on continuously. Mina rolls her eyes.

                                                   "I don't know. Why don't you ask her." Sana pouts.

                                                   "That's not funny. You know I don't have Tzuyu's number."

                                                   "That can be changed." 

                                                     The two girls are startled by an unfamiliar voice and turn around to see who's the intruder. Their eyes both bulge out of their sockets as they see Dahyun, Chaeyoung, and Tzuyu standing right there. Sana immediately begins to blush and she adverts her eyes. 

                                                      "I was just kidding.", Sana mutters.

                                                      "No, it's no problem. Seeing as you wonder what I do all the time." Mina actually bursts out laughing at this, and Sana slaps her on the arm.

                                                      "You were too loud!", she complains.

                                                       "Yeah, and we weren't sitting that far away from you guys today.", Tzuyu gestures to the table not even five feet from theirs. The others at the table wave at them. Okay, new note: sit facing the rest of the cafeteria., Mina thinks. This is what they get for being antisocial and sitting backwards, and not facing the other students in the lunchroom.

                                                        The three newcomers make themselves comfortable at Mina and Sana's table. 

                                                         "So what are you guys up to?", Dahyun asks. Tzuyu makes quick eye contact, making Sana blush, before she looks back at Dahyun.

                                                         "What do you mean?", Mina asks.

                                                         "I mean, like right now. Do you have anything to do?"

                                                         "No.", Mina answers. 

                                                         "Then do you wanna come with us somewhere?" 

                                                          Mina and Sana glance at each other, not really sure.

                                                           "I'm promise we won't kidnap you.", Dahyun chuckles. The two Japanese girls nod before collecting their stuff and following the three younger girls out of the cafeteria. 

                                                           "Where are we going?", Sana asks.

                                                           The three don't answer. Soon enough they arrive at the performing arts building. They follow Chaeyoung, Dahyun, and Tzuyu down the hall to a room at the other end of the building. Although the room isn't dirty, it doesn't look like it's used for classes. There's an old piano in the corner, and papers are scattered on the desks and floor.

                                                             "What's this room?", Sana asks again. The two Japanese have only been in the performing arts building one time before, their first time at the support group.

                                                             "This is our special space. This is where we write.", Tzuyu explains.

                                                             "Write what? Songs?", Sana asks. The three nod.

                       

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter