This Was Her Answer

The Support Group
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                         "What is she like?" Sana had at least allowed Mina to soak up the events of yesterday before bombarding her with questions. It was now Sunday evening and the two were babbling on about the date. 

                         Mina thought for a moment. "She jokes a lot, which is not what I expected."

                        "Meaning she likes you."

                        "She's quite easygoing."

                        "Meaning she likes you," Sana replied again. Mina couldn't hold a smile in.

                        "I had a lot of fun," Mina said dreamily.

                        "Meaning you like her." Mina scoffed. "Oh please, I know you're not still denying it." Mina didn't say anything at first. "If she's how you say she is, she's totally into you." 

                        "Maybe."

                         Mina wanted to talk to Sana some more, but her mother had called her down to the table for dinner. It was indeed a rare sight as her father wasn't working late. The three of them sat together, the only noise coming from the TV. Her father turned up the volume slightly as a new story was breaking on the news.

                         "We take you to breaking story about a protest happening right now in Seoul. The protestors are from the LGBT community and are demanding that the president change the marriage laws in the country. The police have been called just in case the protest becomes violent." Then, her father turned off the television, disgust visible written on his face.

                         "They're going to hell. All of them! ing degenerates," he muttered. Mina's heart had never pounded harder in her chest. It threatened to explode. She glanced only for a second at her father, than at her mother who was busying herself with the half-eaten food on her plate. If Mina had ever wanted to answer to how her parents would feel about her being gay, this was it. Her father believed she was going to hell. It was clear. Her mother had said nothing, which usually indicated that she agreed with her father. Mina excused herself from the table and made a beeline for her bedroom. As soon as her door was locked, her tears spilled from her eyes. She tried her best not to sob too loudly, as her tears flowed. The emotions were spilling and she couldn't stop them.

                         What would she do? Where will she go if her father were to ever find out? He'd surely kick her out. Mina had felt like her world was coming down. The weight seemed to much to bear. At this moment, she hated herself. Why did she have to like girls? Why did she feel this way? She cried until she couldn't cry anymore, and then she drifted off into a deep sleep.

                         ****

                         The nexy day, Mina had awoken groggy, and immediately regretted ever opening her eyes. But as soon as she had a look at her phone, she realized she was running late. She quickly rushed to get dressed as Sana was now texting her, asking of her whereabouts. She caught up with Sana just as class was about to start.

                         "You look terrible," Sana whispered. Mina frowned at her best friend.

                         "Thanks."

                         "Why do you look like you so bad? And why were you almost late?"

                         "I'll tell you later."

                         As soon as classes were done for the morning and it was time to eat, Sana wasted no time questioning her. 

                         "You have some explaining to do, my friend." Mina sighed as the two sat down at their usual table. 

                         "It's official. I'm never coming out," Mina said. "Not after last night." Sana face turned into a deep frown.

                         "What do you mean?"

                         "Last night, me and my parents were having dinner and the TV was on. The news was talking about some lgbt protestors." Sana waited for Mina to go on. "Then my dad suddenly says that these people are going to hell and that they're degenerates." Sana instantly felt sorry for her best friend. This isn't what Mina deserved. 

                         "Mina, I don't know what to say."

                         "You don't have to. Cause i'm not coming out. I can't lose my dad." Mina sounded so sad, it cut Sana's heart deeply

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter