A Little Closer

The Support Group
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                              The next day, a Thursday morning, Mina was in a rush to get to school and she didn't know why. She had hurriedly picked out an outfit, showered, brushed her hair, and headed downstairs. As she got closer to the kitchen, she smelled her mother's wonderful cooking and in that moment, realized it has been a while since she actually ate some of her mother's cooking. She felt extremely guilty as she realized she has been blowing off her mom ever since she started going to the group. 

                              "Oh! Mina. Why don't you sit down?" She wanted to reject her mother's offer still, but looking at her mother's puppy eyes, she knew she couldn't say no this time. Her mother made two plates and sat one in front of Mina and the other in front of herself. "It's been a while." Mina nodded. "What's school been like? It's been awhile since we sat and talked like we used to." Her mother's tone was reminiscient. Mina could see that her mother longed to spend time with her, even if it was just a few minutes. 

                              "It's okay." Mina stared down at her plate. "There's a lot of homework so i've been tired", she lied. She figured she had to give her mother a reason why she seemed sort of distant these days.

                             "I know it's alot, but it'll be over in a little while. Try to endure it for now." Mina looked her mother in the eyes and nodded. 

                            "I'll try." She looked down at her phone and checked the time. "Gotta go, mom."

                            ****

                            "My God, it's so hard. I feel like i've been keeping this huge secret from her", Mina exclaimed. The two were in the hallway walking to class when Sana asked about Mina's mother, to which Mina responded with a frown. Sana looked at her with pity. 

                            "Did she start asking questions?"

                            "Not exactly. But she asked me how school was going and things like that."

                            "So basically she's trying to find out why you've been kind of, sort of avoiding her", Sana reasoned. Mina nodded.

                            "Exactly. But I can't tell her the exact reason."

                            "Look, Mina. I've told you this a million times, she's probably not going to react how you think she is."

                            "And what if she does?"

                            "But what if she doesn't? Look, your mother is so sweet and I don't see her overreacting because her daughter is a lesbian-"

                            "Her only daughter, mind you."

                            "That shouldn't make a difference. Only daughter or not, she should accept you for who you are." Mina went silent after that.

                            "I guess so. But it'll be a while before I gather up the courage to actually tell her." Sana shrugged.

                            "It's your decision."

                             ****

                             "So the practice went well, Mina?" Mina looked up from her tray of food and then at Momo. 

                             "Yes." Jeongyeon chuckled at Mina's small voice. She clapped Momo on the shoulder. 

                             "Good job buddy." Momo brushed Jeongyeon's hand off and rolled her eyes. 

                             "So you'll be ready for the talent show next Saturday?", Jihyo asked. Momo nodded.

                             "Mina learns quite fast, and she's really good at ballet", Momo complemented. After she realized what she said, she blushed and pretended to look at something else on her phone. Mina stared down at her tray as she tried to hide her very red cheeks from the rest of the table. 

                             "Smooth talker", Jeongyeon whispered into Momo's ear. Momo rolled her eyes.

                             ****

                             Mina met Momo in the dance classroom again after school. Mina was about to step in, but was rooted in her spot by Momo's attire. She was wearing a white cropt top that showed her abs. And dare Mina say, they were heavenly. Mina stared at the girl's stomach for a good minute before she heard Momo clear and mina snapped out of her stupor. 

                             "Enjoyed the view?", Momo commented. Mina went bright red and her heart sped up. Momo chuckled at the sight.

                             "Sorry.", she muttered.

                             "It's cool." She went back to scrolling through her phone, trying to find the song they were using for their routine. "Alright, let's start where we left off, shall we?"

                             _____

                             A couple days later, since it was Saturday, Mina's mom suggested that she take her and Sana to the mall for the day. Sana had arrived just a few minutes ago and walked up to Mina's room while her mom was still getting dressed.

                            "Oh my God, I swear it's like your mom read my mind. I want

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter