Chapter 8

Why Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon POV

    After rehearsal manager Oppa told me I had a meeting with the higher ups so I stayed and the other girls went on individual schedules while some of them spent time with Pany-ah.

   When I arrived at the meeting room everyone was already there. “Ahh Taeyeon-ah, I apologize for the sudden meeting, now we that you’re here we can start. We are all here regarding SNSD’s farewell concert for Tiffany-sshi, we decided to move the concert to next month, and it’s final. Do what you must to make it possible I know it’s all too sudden but time’s not on our side here. If there are no questions you may now all go. Taeyeon-ah please see me in my office.” The CEO said, I was shocked by the announcement but then I got a clue as to why he’s rushing this.

   As I entered the CEO’s office he faced me then said “You might have a clue as to why I rushed the concert. The doctor just spoke to me earlier he said that Tiffany is in no condition to do a concert, when I insisted he suggested that we do it soon, the sooner the better when the cancer still hasn’t fully affected her yet. I know this is hard on all of you but we need to do it if you still want to push through with the concert.” He finished with a sad look on his face. I just nodded and excused myself.

Yuri’s POV

    We were in a café hanging out with Fany-ah and as I look at her now I noticed she’s lostsome weight and she’s kinda pale.

   To think that this would most likely be one of the last times I would be able to hang out with Fany-ah is depressing; when I found out I cried my eyes out as like the rest of us.

   She’s the one who brings joy to SNSD, she keeps us organized, Fany-ah is the type of friend that will never leave you, and she’d do anything for you.

  We would always goof around and do skinship, she always makes things more fun and she would always support me in everything, when people criticized me when I gained weight or because of my color she would always comfort me and just be my shoulder to cry on.

 This concert is to honor her and to thank her; she doesn’t know it’s for her and we’re keeping it that way, in this concert I will pour out all my love for and just thank her for everything she’s done for me.

  First few days after Taengoo told us the news of her cancer I cried almost every night, knowing that someone you love and cherish is about to die is horrifying, I would often space out thinking about it and whenever I see Fany-ah I would get depressed and I’d feel like crying. But seeing her smile even through all of it inspired me to be brave and be there to support her. Seeing her here hanging out with us feels nice for a change and all I can do is make memorable experiences with her and just enjoy her company.

 

 

Tiffany’s POV

    It’s been a long and tiring day, Hyo, Yuri, Yoong and I hang out while the others had schedules. We spent time at a nearby café and just talked. It feels nice to hang out again with these guys.

   All throughout the day I’ve felt this constant pain in my head. So when we were all planning to go back to the dorm I told the girls I had a schedule and we bid goodbye to each other, ’I’m sorry for lying to you guys but I don’t want you to worry too much’  I called the company’s doctor and planned a consultation with him. We met at a café not a hospital as to not raise suspicion. I told him about the constant pain and vomiting blood, as we were talking in the end he concluded that the cancer have already spread to my brain and my internal organs, it’s slowly causing my internal organs. I took some blood samples in the bathroom and he said he’d run some tests on it. Before we went our separate way he said “Tiffany-sshi, as a doctor I would tell you to admit yourself to the hospital so you could get treatment, but over the years I’ve seen you grow as a person from the time you had your surgery for nodules and your rehabilitation phase up to now, you’re like a daughter to me and I care about you, I know you won’t go to a hospital so as a friend I advise you to spend time with your family soon. Even though travelling is a big risk to your declining health, it would be for the best that you travel now than later.” While he hugged me, “Thank you for everything doctor for putting up with me throughout the years, I will follow your advice, and please don’t tell the girls about our meeting. Update me with the results okay? Goodbye doctor.” I said as we both go our separate ways. I went to the company and had a talk with the CEO since he knows about my condition so he allowed me 4 days to spend time with my family.

   When I got back to the dorm, everyone was already there except for Sunny who has a radio show recording today. TaeTae told us to gather in the living room, “Okay so the company told me we are doing the concert next month. It’s already been done and the staff are all doing everything necessary to make it possible all we need to do is rehearse and do our best.” Tae announced, we’re all a bit shocked but we had no choice and it’s already done so we need to work harder.

   After our little discussion I pulled Tae to my room, “Tae could you come with me to LA and visit my family? I already asked permission from the CEO and he said yes, and it’ll be the perfect time to tell my family about our relationship.” I said to her, she looked a bit skeptical about it but I gave her my best puppy dog eyes and it worked! “Okay, alright I’ll go you know I can never say no to you Pany-ah.” She said and I just laughed at her. We immediately prepared our luggage ‘cause I already booked a flight tomorrow morning at around 3 am so after packing we have to sleep early and wake up super to prepare for our flight.

  By the time we finished packing everything for tomorrow’s flight we realized it was already 11:11 pm and if we did go to sleep now we’d probably not wake up in time so we just decided that we’d sleep on the plane and just cuddle in bed tonight.

  Lying in my bed with Tae’s arm around me made me realize that I haven’t really been a good girlfriend to her, she knows she’ll only get hurt if she was to be with me yet she still stayed with me and she’s always been there for me and looking out for me yet I don’t even return her affections. I slowly got up and hugged TaeTae tight, “I’m sorry, I haven’t really been a good girlfriend to you these past few days Tae, I’m sorry if I’m not paying much attention to you, but trust me, I really do love you, I’ll try to show more affection to you starting today Boo.” I said to her, she pushed me off her so she can look at me then she cupped my face, “No, just being here with you is more than enough with me Pany-ah. I love you so much.” She said and I felt so touched, I cried into her chest and she just held me tight. ‘I’m sorry Tae, you don’t deserve this pain. I don’t want to leave you. I love you.’ I thought as more tears came, “I-I’m sorry. I sh-should’ve…. s-spen-nt.. more ti-time with… you-ou; I don’t wa-want… to leave you T-Tae..! I-I… want more t-time wi-wiith… you! Yo-You… don’t de-deeserve… this!” I said in between sobs, I could feel her hold tighten and her body slightly trembling. “Shh Pany-ah…I love you~.” We both cried that night.

    We fell asleep after crying and our eyes were both swelling, so we wore sunglasses when we went to the airport for our flight. When we were in our seats we almost immediately fell asleep and since it was a long flight we had a fair amount of rest and when we woke up our swollen eyes were almost completely gone.

   We arrived in L.A. and my Dad and siblings were there to welcome us. My father cried when he saw me, as well as my siblings. I could see they cried earlier since their eyes were red.

   I told them about my condition the same day the girls found out. Daddy forced me to go back here and get treatment hoping it wasn’t too late but I told him the cancer’s had done too much damage and that as much as I love my family there I could never leave my family in Korea, I’ve spent most of my life there and want to stay there till the end. Daddy understood and just made me promise to visit even once so just we could all spend time.

   When we got into the car my brother and sister were still crying and Tae was getting teary-eyed as well. When we got home, everyone was there, all my relatives. They all came at me and hugged me but they were careful. I tal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter