Chapter 9

Why Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No One’s POV

   It’s finally the day of the concert, all the staff and crew are busy preparing and double checking everything for the concert.

   2 hours till the concert starts, like every SNSD Concert it’s obviously sold out, the tickets were sold out at a record breaking time of 29.6 seconds. It became headline news; this alone proves that SNSD is indeed one of Korea and of history’s best girl group. 

   The girls are all in the dressing room preparing and doing last minute rehearsals.

Taeyeon’s POV

    Today’s the day, we have to do our best and make this a memorable time with Pany-ah. When the news got out about the purpose of this concert many fans were devastated and angry, they bombarded all of us with questions in our SNS accounts. The company stated that Pany-ah was going to explore and go to the US and that she is always welcome to come back, some fans hated her ‘cause they said it was unfair that she was welcomed back while Jessica was forced out of the group.

    Pany-ah read all the comments and reviews about her, they were mostly messages about how she’ll be dearly missed and that SNSD will never be the same without her, which is true and there were a few hate comments but she didn’t let it affect her.

     I snuck out of the dressing room and went back stage to go meet up with Pany-ah’s dad and siblings, we talked for a while then I had a staff guide them to their VIP seats, then I met up with Jessica, she was covered from head to toe, since her appearance in this concert is a surprise, our meeting was a little awkward but it was okay, I led her to a separate dressing room and in there she prepared, I texted the girls that Jessica is ready and that everything is all set.

    I excused myself to Jessica and went back, the girls were all ready and hyped up, less than 30 minutes left, and we all headed back stage. I asked Pany-ah if she was feeling okay, “I’m feeling excited! And I’m okay TaeTae, I already drank painkillers. The important thing tonight is to have fun okay?” she said with her famous eye-smile. I nodded my head and huddled the girls.

     “Okay, we’re finally here, just remember to have fun and let’s make this night a memorable night for Pany-ah!” as I said that I felt a little teary-eyed but forced myself not to cry, I can see the girls did the same thing, especially Pany-ah. “Jigeumeun!” Pany-ah yelled, “So Nyuh Shi Dae!” the girls replied, “Appurodo!” “So Nyuh Shi Dae!” “Yongwoni So Nyuh Shi Dae!” We all shouted together.

     The music from the VCR already started playing and we went to our positions but before I could go to mine Pany-ah pulled me close to her and kissed me, I blushed like a tomato ‘cause it was so sudden and it caught me off guard. I was smiling like an idiot when we were waiting. The girls teased me non-stop.

  Lion heart started playing and our stage started going up, I could already hear Sones! We were all excited. (Cue Lion Heart live)

     We were laughing and smiling, when it was Pany-ah’s part the screams got so loud, and then Sones sang along with us which gave us more energy! Every time Pany-ah sings their cheers get louder. Pany-ah did a great job, she didn’t mess up and her delivery was really smooth, we were all goofing around the stage.

  When the song was nearing its end we all assembled in the center, the song ended and the lights went out. The cheers were so loud, we all feel energized, and the VCR for the next song began playing.

     The moment the music started everyone in the stadium knew the next song. The cheers were non-stop and it got louder (Cue Gee live).

     Sones practically said the intro since we couldn’t hear Pnay-ah’s voice, she smiled so bright at the audience even I was captivated by her eye-smile. All throughout the song Sones cheer could be heard. I got a little lost in the choreography for ‘cause I was busy watching Pany-ah, she was just too cute I couldn’t help it. She was always smiling and I just feel like I’ve fallen in love with her again, I know it sounds so cheesy but it’s true. Pany-ah was having a little trouble with the tone of the song since her voice is a little too husky for this type of song but still she pulled it off, we finished the song and the crew played a VCR behind the scenes of the concert. Usually we wouldn’t play a VCR this early but we’re taking to consideration Pany-ah’s health and by the looks of it we did the right thing, she’s totally out fo breath we have the doctor in the room on standby. He asked and checked if Pany-ah was okay, she’s turning a bit pale but she insisted on continuing and we have no choice, she drank another tablet of painkiller. The VCR’s coming to an end in about 5 minutes; the girls went to their positions, I was about to go to mine but Pany-ah held onto my hand and just froze, I knew something was wrong, I quickly dragged her to the bathroom and she vomited. I was having second thoughts if we should continue. She wiped , flushed the toilet and gargled some water. I told to stop but she held my hand and said “No we have to continue, I have to finish this, everyone worked so hard for this and Sones waited for this, I’m okay I just feel nauseous-“ but before she could continue she suddenly clutched her head, she had tears in her eyes, I ran to the room and took some painkillers. When I got back she drank them and even though she wasn’t feeling that good she dragged me out on stage, I had to support her all the way to her position.

    After seeing me supporting Pany-ah to her position and seeing her knitted brows they knew she was in pain, we all had a worried look. The music started playing and I just prayed to God she’ll be alright. I was so busy worrying that I didn’t realize our next song was ‘The Boys’ I almost cursed out loud, I instinctively looked at Pany-ah and the moment we were out she had a serious look on her face.

    I could see the sides of her eyes twitching every now and then, but even if she’s in so much pain she still managed to hype up the crowd with her charisma on stage. We all went to our positions, we’re all smiling but every now and then one of us would look at Pany-ah. The earlier parts of the song was okay since it was mostly freestyle but we’re getting to the rap part where we have to bend down, we’re all worried.  When we were bending down looked at Pany-ah and she was wincing in pain, I tapped her leg and she tiredly smiled at me, from that point on she was beginning to slowdown i intentionally made a mistake so the attention would divert to me.

      She was sweating bullet by the time we’re nearing the end of the song, she sang her lines perfectly and when we got to our final pose I could see she was exhausted, so I stepped forward and so did Soo so we could support Pany-ah’s back, good thing the lights turned off ‘cause Pany-ah leaned on our legs and was out of breath, we all fanned her and we supported her up to go to the backstage to prepare for the next song.

   We let Pany-ah rest while the VCR played, she looked exhausted, she leaned on my shoulder and held onto her, she was playing with the necklace I gave her, since the day I gave it to her she always wore it and never took it off, i kissed the top of her head and we both stood up, she was a little wobbly but she regained her balance and we walked back to the stage.

   Our next song was ‘Mr.Mr.’ it’ a little easier compared with The Boy’s choreography but it was still exhausting, we in position and waited for our lines. It went rather smoothly and Pany-ah managed to pull off the high note, she looked satisfied and happy with herself and now it’s the final song before we start our surprise. We were all getting in position when suddenly Pany-ah told me she was in pain; I rushed to her side and asked her what was wrong. The pain didn’t disappear so we all decide to not dance, we went out and spread out, ‘I Got a Boy was our last song before we go to the surprise part, we didn’t dance but instead spread out on stage and sang our lines, the moment the music started the crod went wild, and just like at the Dream concert last 2013 Sones started singing with us, it got so loud and we couldn’t hear each other like last time, but I’m sure this time’s much more louder, I could feel the stage vibrating and I think because of that we were all energized even more, Pany-ah was smiling and I guess the cheer got to her. We’re doing free style so I would occasionally go to Pany-ah and check on her. We goofed around and had fun with the crowd. Even Pany-ah was goofing around; maybe the loud cheering made her forget the pain she was experiencing.

    After the song finished the lights turned off me and the girls dragged Pany-ah to the center of the stage and covered her eyes, the crew brought out the table with a pink cake and balloons. When the lights again Sones went wild and we lead Pany-ah to the table and cake with her name on it. When the girls uncovered her eyes I quickly stood in front of her covering the cake and yelled ‘Surprise!’ everyone laughed and she punched me, I hugged her and showed her the cake. She was so touched and became emotional, so I went to her and cupped her face then wiped her tears, Sones screamed and cheered even the other girls cheered, and we both blushed like love sick teenagers and smiled awkwardly at each other.  “Okay break it up you two! That’s enough mushy stuff for now we’re getting jealous here right guys?!” Sunny said, the whole stadium echoed with a “YES!” we all laughed and Pany-ah and I apologized. “Sones! Are you having fun!?” I yelled, everyone cheered, “Good evening everyone I’m the Kid Leader Taengoo!” “Hello everyone! I’m brighter than gems Tiffany!” “Hey-o! I’m the Dancing queen Hyoyeon!” “Hi! I’m SNSD’s center Yoona!” “I’m SNSD’s Black pearl Yuri!” “Good evening everyone! I’m SNSD Maknae Seohyun.” “And I’m SNSD’s fake Maknae Sunny! Hello!” I feel like there’s a small earthquake since the fans’ loud cheering is making the stadium vibrate.

      “So this will be Pany-ah’s Farewell Party and SNSD’s Advance 10th Anniversary.” People were obviously against the idea, and we were all sad when I said that even some fans were already crying, “Don’t be sad everyone‼ I’ll be back! I’ll only be on Hiatus for a while; I’ll be back doing concerts with SNSD in no time! Right guys?!” she said while facing us, we all tried so hard not to cry, ‘If only that was true.’  Pany-ah held my hand squeezed it while giving me a warm smile. Honestly when Pany-ah said that we all looked at each other sadly but quickly masked it and smiled, if Pany-ah hadn’t held my hand I would’ve cried right there. “Of course! We’re gonna be doing more music and concerts in the future! We’ll be together forever!” I said cheerfully and we all cheered, but deep down I’m crying my eyes out, I saw maknae wiping her tears and I tapped her shoulder.

    “So now we prepared something very special for you Pani Pani Tippany! The girls and I prepared a letter for and we are going to read it to you!” Soo said while back hugging my Pany-ah, I glared at her and then pushed myself in-between them, that’s right! So how ‘bout we start with the youngest and then we’ll go from there. Seohyun you’re up!” I said and pointed to Seohyun.

Seohyun’s POV

    “What?! Unnie why wasn’t I informed? Ok-okay Tiffany-Unnie I’m sorry in advance if my letter’s too boring.” I was still shocked that I had to read my letter first but I quickly composed myself. My letter is quite long so I think I’ll just skip some parts, I am opening my letter and cleared my throat “Dear-“ I was cut-off when the ballad instrumental of our debut song ‘Into The New World’ suddenly played in the background “Whoaa” Sunny Unnie said “Now it’s starting to get really emotional.” Soo Unnie added.i sighed and prepared myself.  (Listen to ITNW ballad instrumental)

      “Dear Tiffany Unnie, you’ve are an amazing unnie, to be honest when I first saw you more than a decade ago I was a little skeptical about your participation in the group since you hardly knew any Korean and couldn’t even talk properly with the instructors and staff. You were clueless about the culture and traditions of Korea, when I first heard you sing I was  surprised, you had a really nice voice but your pronunciation of the words were totally off, you were clumsy and often made mistakes during dance rehearsals. But over the years you’ve changed a lot, you are a hard worker, you’re really resilient and you always seem to have a smile on your face. When we became roommates you really took good care of me, and would always support me or comfort me. That was the time I also realized that behind your smile are hidden tears, whenever you get scolded during practice you’d try so hard to smile but whenever we were back at the dorm you’d muffle your cries using your pillow. You willingly help other people and cheer them on but you never let other people see your problems not because you don’t trust them or anything but because you don’t want to burden them, to make them worry.” I pause for a while since the tears are making it hard to read, I could see the other unnies already teary-eyed and Fany unnie came to me and hugged me, she cupped my cheeks and wiped my tears. “You are a very important part of my life,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter