Chapter 10

Why Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   The girls changed into a more comfortable costume, it’s a custom shirt that they all designed themselves with the logo of GG in the front and a 10th anniversary phrase and at the back are their favorite numbers and names.

    Tiffany’s painful migraine is still there but it subsided a little bit, she still manages to act normally so it’s okay for her. When they went back to the stage the crowd went wild again. “We’re so sorry for making you guys wait we had a minor zipper problem back there but no worries we’re here now!” Soo said with her cheerful voice, “It’s been a long time since I wore these kinds of costumes.” Jessica said and the girls smiled looking at her “BTW! Before we forget! Kim Taeyeon! It’s finally your turn! We’re all looking forward to your cheesy message for Fany-ah!” Sunny said while chasing after Taeyeon. “Don’t make us cry too bad Taengoo I don’t want to look like a hot mess.” Yuri said, Hyo laughed at her and said “You already did that when you said your message earlier and not to mention you slumed down on the floor bawling your eyes out! HAHAHAHA!” everyone laughed and Yuri’s cheeks started turning red “YAH!” she shouted but the laughs just got louder.

 Taeyeon’s POV

     I stood up from my seat and went in the center, I faced Pany-ah and the girls, “Okay okay! I hope I won’t disappoint you with my message, it’s kinda embarrassing now that I think about it.” I said, the girls laughed at me “Oh c’mon we all did it! Read it so it’s fair and besides we saved the best for last so you better do good Kim Taeyeon!” Soo said with a grin on her face.

   I looked around and everyone as looking at me, I felt nervous and anxious. “Pany-ah, you are someone really special to me….hahah I can already feel the tears coming…uhmm yo-you’re my happiness, I’ve s-said it before, to be honest when the director asked me that question I w-wasn’t really prepared nor did I ever thought of n-not h-having y-you around…..we’ve been to-together for almost 13 years n-now…se-seeing you in the m-morning is a-already part o-of my daily r-routine now, that is if you don’t have schedule which you always tell me about…u-uhm….w-when uhm…wh-when we were trainees y-you w-would a-always do these crazy things just to make me laugh whenever I’m down…I’d say o-one of the c-craziest thing you’ve ever done back then would be when I ran away from the dorm ‘cause I was having second thoughts about being the leader…y-you looked for me and fo-found me in the Han River, you had a high fever that time but you still looked for me out in the cold and when we got back your fever got worse but instead of resting you annoyed me all night just so I’d tell you what was bothering me…..Pany-ah yo-you’re…..uhm..y-you’re a very v-very important person in my l-life….you’ve been there with me through thick and thin…we’ve spent more time together than we have with our families, I-I know I-I’m a handful sometimes a-and I’m sorry for all the mistakes I made in the past…I-I got used to b-being with you t-that the t-thought o-of n-not se-seeing y-you wh-when I a-arrive b-back h-home i-is new and kinda painful…..t-to b-be h-honest I d-don’t want you to l-leave….I know I’m being selfish by saying this but throughout my career in this i-industry, y-you w-were always there we’ve d-dreamed of this together and we’ve a-achieved it together, t-that c-continuing t-this w-without y-you s-seems kinda pointless to me anymore…..b-but I k-know y-you’ll c-com-…(Sigh)..come back to us s-someday…..a-and I know you’ll want us to continue on and we r-respect that….w-we’ll stay s-strong a-and w-wait for y-you Pany-ah……b-before I totally loose it I j-just w-wanna s-say t-thank you f-for everything, f-for b-being the b-best f-friend I r-really needed, f-for b-being a r-reliable and s-supportive m-member…..thank y-you f-for b-being y-you….I k-know y-you know t-this a-already b-but I just w-want you to hear it and for everyone to k-know, I love y-you P-Pany-ah and I-I’ll always be h-here for y-you f-forever and a-always..”

   And with that I kinda lost it a little bit but quickly composed myself since I’m not finished yet. “Wait b-before I e-end my s-speech I-I’m g-gonna sing a s-song for Pany-ah….t-this s-song is d-dedicated to y-you and I hope it represents my f-feelings f-for you.”

   When I heard the music starting I could already feel the tears coming, I’m looking at the audience ‘cause if I look at the girls I’ll either cry or laugh but I took a gamble and turned around I saw some of them already tearing up, when I looked at Pany-ah her eyes were watery and I smiled at her. ‘Pany-ah this song is about you, I hope you can understand my feelings through this song, you were always there by my side, yes you are my one and only star Pany-ah, and I love you.’

   (Cue U R by Kim Taeyeon)

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXzQWCcz-W8

   

     I sighed and prepared myself…

For a long time, in my heart,
Full of clouds, it rains
For warm sun to shine,
I sincerely hoped.
Raindrops that wet my shoulder,
When I dried, I alone,
Was so afraid that it would remain.

You are like a light, after the rain has passed,
You come up in my heart, like this.

‘You give me hope and comfort in the toughest of times Pany-ah, when I almost gave up during trainee days, that time when I was in depression and trauma and when I’m tired from solo promotions,….you were always there with open arms to welcome me home, to cheer me on to support me..’

Cause you are, the light that fell on me,
You are, like a beautiful dream,

‘A dream I wish I could keep forever..’
With seven rays, the whole world,
Is dyed even more beautifully, always.
Yeah U R.

On top of an empty green hill,
Rainbow becomes a roof.
I lay still underneath and look at the sky.
This throbbing I felt for the first time, with peacefulness of the world
More loveable than anyone else

‘The most lovable in fact…and adorably cute especially when you pout..’

When I turn my head, at your smile,
Unknowingly, I reach my hand out, like this.

‘I’ve always relied on you, yet you never complained once, as long as we’re together it’s okay..’

Cause you are, the light that fell on me,
You are, like a beautiful dream,
With seven rays, the whole world,
Is dyed even more beautifully, always.
Yeah U R.

When the rain that wets my windows stops,
Under the Rainbow, you must be waiting.

‘Pany-ah…wait for me….I’m sorry for all those times I hurt you by shutting you out..’
The stories I couldn’t say,
All of the secrets I couldn’t do,

‘I want to be with you Pany-ah! You said we’d go to Disneyland again, we’d bring our families and have fun….we promised to always stay together..’
I want to deliver it today

You are always beside me,
You are inside of my tender heart,

‘You always have and you always will be in my heart Pany-ah….’
Even more shining and beautifully,
It fills the night sky,
You’re my star

‘My Vitamin, my Happiness…my everything…’
Yeah U R, Oh U R
U R, Oh U R

  

      I stayed in the center all throughout the song ‘cause if I moved I’d probably fall ‘cause my knees were shaking. As I was singing I had flashbacks about how we used to spend time together, like two peas in a pod, how we’d cuddle at night after a hectic day, our arguments, our Disneyland dates, our private moments together….as I sang the song I poured all my emotions on it and of course it made me tear up. The instrumental of the song started playing and the crowd were clapping their hands, I could hear their sobs and when I turned around to look at the girls all of them are bawling their eye out, even Jessica but when I looked at Pany-ah she wasn’t crying like the other girls instead she was smiling softly at me with her eye-smile, she stood from her seat and came to me.

      When she was in front of me she took my hands and held them tight, then she leaned in to my ear and said ‘I love you and thank you’ and with that I clutched on to her like my life depended on it and the tears just came running out. We held each other for a while and I cried my eyes out, I can’t remember the last time I cried like this, ‘Pany-ah don’t leave me…..Why does it have to be you….you still have your whole life ahead of you….’

 No One’s POV

       Listening to Taeyeon’s message all the girls were emotional, since they know how hurt those two are, they’ve been together for more than a decade then suddenly something like this happens to them, all the members are crying and when they saw the way Tiffany held Taeyeon and the way Taeyeon broke down was heart breaking.

     By now everyone in the concert and even the ones watching the live broadcast is either crying or teary-eyed. Taeyeon was still crying in Tiffany’s arms, after a while she settled down and went back to her chair while still holding Tiffany’s hand.

      They were still trying to stop their tear when suddenly the light’s turned off and the screen behind them started playing a VCR.

  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5fGBgk4o0o

    It was a video tribute to Tiffany; the staff prepared a few special VCR for them. In the video were some of the funny and cute highlights caught on cam and some of the tough times she’s had to overcome.

Taeyeon’s POV

     We’re all surprised by the VCR we didn’t know the staff prepared it and just by seeing the first few second of the video I know I’m gonna cry some more waves of tears coming. The song was an English song and if I’m not mistaken its Counting Stars, Pany-ah and I used to listen to music all day at the dorm, when I saw her smiling and being a dork around the camera I had to smile, she’s adorable and she’s never been afraid or shy around the camera.

    I remember some of those moments, they were funny moments she had and I had to smile seeing her during debut days, she looks so cute back then, and she hasn’t really changed.

    The video also showed her interviews and emotional moments, like how she admitted her Korean wasn’t that good during pre-debut, I caught her once crying in her room because of it and I saw how hard she worked to improve her Korean, she would memorize the script, she would look up the words she doesn’t understand, she’d listen to Korean songs and watch k=K-Dramas and note down words she doesn’t understand. She talked about how we used to play pranks on her, Yul and Soo were always the ones who would go too far and I remember one time Yul went too far by putting a cockroach in her room and she screamed as she ran out and to the living room, I scolded Yul big time for that, Pany-ah was shaking and crying when I saw her that day.

    The interview she did in Sketchbook of why she cried was also there, in the interview she said she got upset over little things, but me and the other girls it wasn’t just little things. I held her hand tight as we continued to watch the VCR.

   The topic about going home and seeing her mom was also in the video, during that one interview where Seo’s mom came, the host asked us to leave a message for our moms but she didn’t know about Pany-ah’s situation. I was worried about her that time and Jessica sitting in my lap made it difficult for me to turn around or to go to her. We were all worried about her that time and when she did say her message to her mom, we were so proud of her.

  Seeing the interview about her mom and about her not seeing her family often really hit her hard and I could feel her shaking hand, so I stood up and wrapped my arms around her, I plopped my head on hers and held her tight, she held my hand and kissed my hand since it was dark and we were facing the VCR.

    The Korean version of Let It Go was a great ending song for the video, and when her message to her mom played I could hear her so, so I kissed her head and whispered “You’ve made her proud and I know your father is so proud of you Pany-ah.” She nodded her head and kissed my cheek, we both looked at each other and smiled.

   The final m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter