Chapter 5

Why Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   

Tiffany’s POV

      It’s been a while since we were all together in the dorm. It’s exciting and fun to be with the girls again, although they all smile in front of me and pretend that everything’s okay, I can see the sadness in their eyes. Seo’s break down last night made me realize that I don’t have much time yet and my family wants me to come back home and stay there for good but I told them that my life is here and that I’ll visit but I wanna stay here for the most part.

   I woke up earlier than Seo and she looks so cute! But not as cute as my TaeTae though but cute nonetheless, wait did I just call TaeTae “MY” TaeTae? Sigh. I’ve had a crush on Tae for almost over a decade now, I know homouality is not such a big deal nowadays but here in Korea it’s still a huge deal, and over the years my feelings for her grew, and she is completely oblivious to my feelings. But at least she reciprocates and accepts my gesture. I’ve told daddy about this and he was a little shocked at first but he accepted it, living in the States really made him open minded and he said it was bound to happen since Tae and I always spend time together, we see each other more than we see our families so I guess he was right.

   For the past 13 years that we’ve been together she had always been oblivious to everything I do, I don’t know if she’s slow, or if she just really sees me as a best friend and nothing more. But over the years we’ve developed a very strong and unbreakable bond, people even ship us and call us “TaeNy”, even other people say we look good together, and those videos of fancams about us like the way we stare and smile to each other is really different. I also noticed you get jealous of the other girls when I do skinship with them, so I’m not sure if you really do have feelings for me or not. You always treat me better than the other members, you’re overprotective of me, you allow me to call you TaeTae, you always pay whenever we go out and you always have that warm, soft smile when we’re together.

   I’m planning on confessing to Tae soon, I don’t  know what she’ll do or how she’ll react but I’m determined to tell her. Today might be the day, the sooner I tell her the better, all the girls have schedule today and Tae and I are the only ones left so it’s the perfect opportunity since were alone here. I already locked the door just in the case.

    We’re watching the movie ‘A Walk To Remember”, it’s in almost in the part where Jamie’s condition worsens. Tae’s really focused on the movie and her eyes are beginning to water too, I can’t blame her, it kinda reminds me of my situation and I know that’s what she’s thinking right now, I  guess I’ll have to wait till after the movie.

    The movie just ended and we’re both crying right now, it’s just so sad and tragic. I’m slowly drying my tears while Tae’s still crying like a baby. I went closer to her and hugged her, she hugged me tight and said “Pany-ah……please don’t leave me….” I froze, itbreaks my heart everytime I see them suffer and cry because of me. “I don’t want you to end up like Jamie.” She continued, I had it so I decided that I’ll confess to her now.

   “Tae, you know I love you right?” I asked her, she just nodded her head cutely and I continued “I like you Tae. i meant that in a romantic way.” I said calmly as if it’s the most normal thing in the world. Tae froze and looked at me with a ‘what are you talking about’ look. “I’ve been in love with you for almost 10 years now, I know it’s hard to believe and even harder to accept but hear me out. Please?” I pleaded to her, she released from the hug and looked at me “I also didn’t believe my feelings at first and thought it was just admiration but over the years it developed and I fell more in love with you.” She still had that ‘I don’t believe this’ look on her face. She stayed quiet for a couple of minutes “I know by telling you this it may cause me your trust and friendship but I had to tell you before it’s too late. Whatever you decide to do, if you reject me or accept my feelings for you I won’t hold it against you, I’ll always still be your best friend, your soul mate and your no. 1 fan, Tae.” I finished and gave her my eye-smile. I didn’t have the courage to look at her or hear he answer so I quickly went to my room and closed my door.

Taeyeon’s POV

    …She confessed to me….Pany-ah co-confessed to me….?  I thought to myself, i never in a million years thought that Pany-ah, the one and only Tiffany Hwang Mi-young would ever confess to me. I mean I’ve had a crush on her since the very first day we met, but for her to confess to me is something I thought impossible. I’ve learned to just see her as a best friend and be satisfied with just being with her. Yes I was born and raised in Korea and I know homouality isn’t really as accepted as in Western countries, but I that doesn’t mean I can just ignore and forget my feelings towards her, I tried to but I failed miserably, when Nickhun and her became official I was devastated, I know it was fake but when seeing them together I thought that it was the right thing to let her go and just accept that we will never be together like I imagined and to just be happy being her best friend, but no I can’t I tried ignoring her and being less clingy to her, all it did was make us drift apart. Those times were probably one of my darkest and depressing times but thankfully we’ve rebuilt our friendship and it’s stronger than ever.

    I was still in shock of hearing her actually confess so I had no time to say anything to her since she immediately ran to her room. After a few minutes I regained my composure and walked to her door, I knocked and tried opening it but apparently she locked it. “Pany-ah~…open the door.” I said to her, “NO!” she immediately replied on the other side of the door. I sighed and sat down leaning on the door. “I’m sorry for everything I said Tae. Just forget about it.” She said.

   It was silent after that, “You know, I never would have thought that you’d actually confess to me you know. I always thought you were as straight as a pole Pany-ah.” I said softly to her “I thought so too, but I guess I was wrong, I’m only gay for you though. I’ve never felt like this to anyone else, not the other members, not towards Bora or anyone.” I smiled at that, knowing I’m the only one that can make her feel that way. “You know I fell in love with you too. Since the day we met and became roommates. You’re smile really made me weak on my knees back then, it still does.” I laughed. After that she became quite again, then I heard the door slowly opening. Pany-ah stood there and looked at me “You’re not disgusted by me?” she asked with a worried yet adorable look on her face “Of course I’m not silly!” I said to her with a cheerful smile “Besides I feel exactly the same way MY Pany-ah, now come here you!” I said as I ran to her and hugged her. She was a bit shocked but soon regained composure and then ran to her room but I was able to tackle her on her bed. “So…Pany-ah will you be my girlfriend?” I asked her as I looked into her eyes, she smiled at me with her beautiful eye-smile of hers “Yes.” She said and she moved closer then I felt our lips touched. I swear I had the biggest smile on the planet right now! I was so happy and I can tell she is also since she’s also smiling like an idiot. She’s finally mine! I shout in my head.  After all that we decided to call it a night and just cuddle in her bed.

    “I never thought you were gay Tae.” she asked while we were lying down on her bed cuddling, “I’m not, I’m only gay for you.” I said with a dorky smile on my face. Then she frowned and her eyes were beginning to water. “I’m sorry Tae.” she said barely audible, I panicked and asked if what was wrong or if anything hurts. She just shook her head “I’m sorry for putting you through this situation.” She said , that’s when I realized what she meant, I totally forgot about her situation,  now that I think about our situation is really tragic, I should’ve confessed to her a long time ago. But there’s nothing we can do now but make the most out of it. “There’s still plenty of time left, I’ll make sure to treasure every moment we have and to I’ll make sure to always make you feel special Pany-ah. I won’t waste the time we’re given, I’m just happy we get to have this chance to be together. I love you Pany-ah” I said to her while wiping her tears and hugging her tight.

   We eventually fell asleep at some point and when I woke up I thought everything was just a dream but then I saw the most beautiful human being right beside me and that’s when I knew it wasn’t a dream and the beautiful being beside me is in fact my beautiful girlfriend! I just stared at her all morning

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter